Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Old 16th February 2011, 12:04   #1
genterprise

How to Run 7 Stations on 7 Different Ports with One DNAS 2.0 (Server)

Good Day

I have 7 Stations and 7 Station ID's (they are registered)

I understand and have setup the stations to run with each of their own config file each using their own DNAS 2.0 Server Instance.

I was wondering if there is a way I can setup one DNAS Server with one config file that can host all 7 stations. (Or is this even recommended).

I am using Windows 7

Thanks for any assistance.

Sincerely,

DJIce
genterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 12:11   #2
DrO

if you're wanting to do it on different ports (based on the thread title) then it's not possible with how the v2 DNAS works (and from how the v2 DNAS is designed to run, i'm not sure attempting to convert it to do say a streamportbase option would be ideal to do).

is there an explicit need to use different ports?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 12:56   #3
genterprise

Different Ports?

I don't know if there is a need for different ports, it could be my understanding.

I have 7 different DJ's that will be using Winamp with the DSP plugin to connect

I want each station to show up individually on the Shoutcast Directory

I need for users to be able to connect to a station by choice an example of how I am currently allowing this on my website is at iceradiousa.net.

Also, with Android Phones (using StreaFurious) or The Shoutcast plugin on iPhone and Android Phones, how would a user connect to the station of choice if they are not on a different port.

So if I don't need different ports, then please explain to me how to setup the config file to do all 7 stations thanks. Below is a sample of the config file for one station:

log=1
logfile=./djice-logs/sc_serv.log
screenlog=1
w3cenable=1
w3clog=./djice-logs/sc_w3c.log
yp2debug=0
shoutcastsourcedebug=0
portbase=8004
uvoxcihperkey=test
password=test
adminpassword=test
yp2=1
ypaddr=yp.shoutcast.com
ypport=80
yppath=/yp2
maxuser=32
streamauthhash=*****************
streamid=1
streampath=/

Thanks for your help and assistance!
genterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 13:05   #4
DrO

you can use multiple stream configurations instead of different ports which are specified via streampath_X where X is the id of the stream configuration group.

so you can have it as something like:

streamid_1=1
streamauthhash_1=*****************
streampath_1=/one

streamid_2=2
streamauthhash_2=*****************
streampath_2=/two

etc

and with that you can have a seperate authhash for each stream configuration group allowing different streams to be sourced from the same DNAS with the clients connecting on the specific ip:Port/streampath for the station required.

if you do that, the sources will need to be v2 compatible otherwise they will attempt to work against stream configuration group #1

-daz
Old 16th February 2011, 15:04   #5
TiggaStyle

Or u made 7 different configs with different ports and logs an so on. an Started all 7.
TiggaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 15:07   #6
DrO

TiggaStyle: that's what genterprise is already doing (as per information in the first post).

-daz
Old 27th August 2011, 19:12   #7
aktiveradio

I'd be interested in the same solution, currently I have multiple instances each on a different port, but I'm hoping with V2 that I can use the streamID and streamPath for each station.
aktiveradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 20:02   #8
DrO

aktiveradio: i've pretty much answered your initial question in your other post. the summary is that the v2 DNAS runs on one port and handles them as applicable, rather than different ports at the same time as this thread was initially asking about.

the key aspect is that to do multiple streams with the v2 DNAS, you need to be using a compatible v2 source which can provide streams to the DNAS in the correct manner - most sources are only based on the v1 system (at the moment) which then means you're just back to the v1 style of one DNAS + one source per stream.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support