Old 31st March 2011, 06:26   #1
XebozZ

Can Winamp properly sync playlists yet?

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to sync the playlists you have on Desktop Winamp to Winamp for Android (and have them actually show up)? I reverted to a previous version of Winamp because this wasnt possible with 5.6x and I don't want to mess up my whole library/sd card root again just to test this. tia
XebozZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 14:31   #2
zotje

It is still buggy. It's worked once for me, but any further changes have all frozen the transfer process at the playlist generation step

Quote:
Originally Posted by XebozZ View Post
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to sync the playlists you have on Desktop Winamp to Winamp for Android (and have them actually show up)? I reverted to a previous version of Winamp because this wasnt possible with 5.6x and I don't want to mess up my whole library/sd card root again just to test this. tia
zotje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 06:13   #3
soullesssoldier

I'm on an X10 Android 2.1 using Winamp 5.61 and playlist syncing is incredibly buggy. When I try to sync a playlist, it will always freeze up the transfer and then totally mess up my WiFi sync so that the next time I connect to Winamp with my X10, it is detected as a blank device with no files inside. To rectify that, you would need to manually delete the playlists off the Android device.

Really wish the Winamp Team would fix this valuable WiFi sync feature once and for all.
soullesssoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 03:11   #4
Mowfoe

Crashes winamp on my computer every time. The playlist itself transfers...but not the songs in it.
Mowfoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:36   #5
Accessory Geeks

There are actually quite a few problems for Winamp on Androids. I'm on the 2.2 Froyo update and it is crashing both my laptop and my phone. I also get a couple forced closings on my Captivate which sometimes leads to my whole phone freezing.
Accessory Geeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 18:51   #6
onix

It was once possible. An update to WinAmp 1.1 on an HTC Magic running Android OS 2.1 has screwed up my playlists as well. It was working fine, but after spending several hours deleting files, reinstalling WA 1.1 I have lost the ability to sync playlists.

Linking to an image of what I now often see of my playlists on the Android on the native Windows app. (Running Win7 SP1)
onix is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android