Old 16th January 2007, 19:56   #1
pinkduck

FLAC Title Formatting Mismatch

The %title% and %tracknumber% fields are reversed between the entry of the title format field and what's actually displayed in Winamp 5.32. This can be replicated by creating new track metadata using the same FLAC plugin for a metadataless FLAC track, then playing it. My workaround for the moment is to switch the fields in the title format textbox.
pinkduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 20:36   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Are you talking about the Advanced Title Formatting (Preferences -> Titles) or about the (still) build-in title formatting in the FLAC decoder plug-in (Preferences -> Plugins -> Input -> Nullsoft Flac decoder).

Also, i'm not sure what exactly you could mean, heh.

Just to be clear, all title formmating is done via the Advanced Title Formatting (Preferences -> Titles), so make sure it's checked. If this option is checked, the title formatting in the flac plug-in has no functionallity.

The title formatting in the in the flac decoder will be removed in a future release.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 21:37   #3
pinkduck

Advanced Title Formatting was enabled and had no effect on the representation of the FLAC tracks metadata. The presentation was done by the FLAC DLL, which is where the fault resides. This can be deduced from the fact I changed its Title Formatting field to correct the problem.
Old 16th January 2007, 21:54   #4
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Verify that it is the "Nullsoft FLAC Decoder v1.1.2c [in_flac.dll]" that you are using, and none of the third-partry (unsupported) ones.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 22:29   #5
pinkduck

Verification of Plugin

Yes, it's Nullsoft FLAC Decoder v1.1.2c [in_flac.dll]
Old 17th January 2007, 00:16   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

If global ATF is enabled in Winamp > Prefs > Titles, then the title formatting from in_flac is ignored, and only global ATF is used. So I honestly aren't sure if I understand your post, and I certainly can't reproduce it.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 08:19   #7
pinkduck

Hm, something's up. Now I can't reproduce it either. Makes me wonder if configuration wasn't saved/loaded correctly as I did toggle (on to off to on) ATF and OK that. Still, if plugin is going to be removed in future version there's not much further to worry about unless others report the same.
Old 17th January 2007, 14:24   #8
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Still, if plugin is going to be removed in future version there's not much further to worry about unless others report the same.
The plug-in won't be removed, the build-in title formatting in in_flac will be removed, so it will just use the ATF like all other input plug-ins.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports