Old 13th January 2007, 22:24   #1
titus%andronici

Perhaps a bug or three

1. Equalizer is inefectual within In2TV. Works everywhere else, but not in In2TV, why is this? Also the volume levels of the commercials suck meaning if I turn a program up because it's low, some slime advertiser with a marketing degree blasts the volume. ack!

2. Image verification on account creation, text sais box is to the right, but it's below. Screen res is way more than this therefore seems to be a bug.

3. Sort order in Shoutcast TV is funked. Seems to appear in download order, so I click to sort on name, sorts backwards, click again to sort properly.
a. Thing should remember the prior sort order.
b. Would be nice if the heading was at the top of the screen instead of scrolling off, since columns can only be expanded at the headings.

4. Related to 3, Shoutcast TV screen always refreshes instead of showing prior content. Maybe make that an option or something.

Thanks for the cool software.

Winamp ver: v5.32 (x86)
XP w/SP2, everything up to date.
titus%andronici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 23:32   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

1. Hmm, I don't use In2TV personally, but at a guess, it could be due to drm-protection and is meant to be like that by design.

2. Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

3. SCTV sorts by Listener count by default. This is by design.

4. Again, I'm not sure what you mean.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 05:15   #3
titus%andronici

Hi,

I figured #1 might be some weird stuff, but it makes no sense. You have control over the volume, so why not the eq? I'm just a simple minded southern boy.

For #2, sorry for my brevity. I was ranting. But when a new account is created here, there's some text that indicates something to the right, but it's really below the text. It's not to the right.
I don't know how else to explain the obvious.

As for #3, this is inconsistent with prior versions. My prior version of winamp remembered the sort order that I chose. Whatever the default is/was, be it some useless listener count or whatever, it still sorted it by my choice, and that's kind of the point. Please bring that functionality back.

Have it remember the last sort, and display that. What's that take like a byte of memory? Seems like it's more work to remove code that was properly functioning than to now put it back. oopsie.

#4 means that everytime I click the screen for Shoutcast TV it refreshes from your master list. That's not necessary. I'd prefer if it displayed what was already there, given something is there, let me refresh manually. As I said, maybe make that an option.

Oh, thought of another one, let's call this #5.
I think Winamp should flush it's disk buffers from time to time. I've lost information because of weird crashes. Usually some dumb driver, not really the fault of winamp.

It doesn't happen often, but it's annoying when it does, and you can fix it by simply flushing the writes. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, tell me the language and I'll give you the code.

Alohas.

P
titus%andronici is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports