Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Old 7th April 2013, 22:57   #1
MelodyofTrance

How to embed an exiting SC station on a website audio player?

Hi guys,

I have a friend who broadcasts on shoutcast different styles of music, and what I want to do is advertise his station on my website to get him more audience, HOWEVER; I dont want to host the station to where Im using my server(s) for the audiences bandwidth.

He has the server capabilities to handle his audience. All I want to do is take the HTTP link or whatever link/code I need to place it on an existing player on my website, so that when people click on the player on my website, it will stream his radio station and use his bandwidth.

The problem is he's hard to get ahold of, so at this time, I dont know what his server info, port info in case I need all that is. Someone told me all I needed to do was get some sort of a link to his music station and paste it pretty much in my player, but others have told me I need to embed an html code, but I think the code would be if Im actually hosting the station from my own location/servers which Im not.

Thanks,

- Melody of Trance
MelodyofTrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 01:35   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

the exact format of the information you need depends entirely on the player - but

you need to know host and port at a minimum. If his DNAS is version 2, you also need the stream id or stream path

a basic understanding of HTML would also be a big help

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 02:13   #3
MelodyofTrance

Hmm. Well, I dont know the host or port he's using. I just know he's broadcasting off shoutcast. I only have his shoutcast weblink if I go to his station and right click it to obtain a link to it.

I figured it would of been as easy as just pasting the weblink to the station into some form of a music player. Guess its harder than I thought.

Well, thanks anyway.
Old 9th April 2013, 23:13   #4
MelodyofTrance

thanks

Old 9th April 2013, 23:48   #5
MelodyofTrance

Shoucast Web Player??

Hi guys,

Is there a way to have each station you click on to stream to automatically default to the shoutcast web player? I noticed some stations I listen to open up in VLC or WMP on my laptop, but I prefer the Shoutcast web player over anything.

Ive tried adjusting the settings at the bottom and saving it stating all stations to default them to the web player, but it didnt work. There are some stations that will open up in the web player, and some that will not. Is there a setting or something I need to adjust or is this based on a setting on the stations side?

Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 23:57   #6
DrO

SHOUTcast questions / issues go in the SHOUTcast parts of the forum.

there was no need to post either of the 2 threads (now merged into this) in the Winamp Tech Support sub-forum.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 03:14   #7
MelodyofTrance

My apologies, I didnt realize they were both tagged in the tech support area. Im just trying to figure out why channels on Shoutcast are all loading into my VLC media player always, even after I went to settings at the bottom and changed it to play the channel in Shoutcast web player.
Old 10th April 2013, 03:17   #8
DrO

because that's what happens with AAC streams (assuming that's what you're trying to play - i just love psychic debugging). the site player cannot play AAC streams, so it opens in the system default player (as you appear to have things configured on your machine). only MP3 streams _may_ play in the site player. really you're better using a dedicated player than the site player (or most flash players in general).
Old 10th April 2013, 03:41   #9
MelodyofTrance

Ah, gotcha. Much respect DrO, and thanks. I figured it had to do with the format of the file coming through.
Old 10th April 2013, 04:42   #10
MelodyofTrance

Well, it appears even the MP3 formats are still wanting to open in one of my players. Im starting to think it has to do with a setting on my end that is causing the stations to default to one my players. One minute, the station are opening up in MP3 using the web player, and next thing I see, they wont open the MP3 format in the web player no more and now are only opening in my VLC or Quicktime.
Old 10th April 2013, 04:57   #11
jaromanda
Forum King

http://www.shoutcast.com/settings

So I did
Old 10th April 2013, 05:15   #12
MelodyofTrance

Doesnt work. I have the first option ( Play SHOUTcast stations in SHOUTcast web player ( shown below ) checked in settings and broadband selected and Ive saved it a dozen times and Ive even placed a check in the box next to MP3 to filter only MP3 channels, and STILL the stations sometimes open up in web player (very rarely), or most of the time now, they only want to open in VLC. Ive uninstalled VLC just now, and now it wants to play in Quicktime even though I have Quicktime set to not play audio files of any sort. Its just strange. Could it be my browser? (using Chrome)
Old 10th April 2013, 12:00   #13
DrO

then i think it can be said that something is screwed up on your machine. or even that you've installed browser plug-ins which are then trying to play the streams but that's something really for you to work out.
Old 10th April 2013, 16:52   #14
MelodyofTrance

Yah Im in agreement. Ill try and figure out whats wrong or going on, on my end. Appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
Old 11th April 2013, 01:16   #15
MelodyofTrance

*UPDATE* Well, now I'm starting to think it has nothing to do with my laptops, because I tried loading several stations (MP3 format) in the web player on 3 different networks, and even had a buddy of mine try loading a station as well in MP3 to the web player and we both got the same results. What happens is some of the stations will load into the shoutcast web player, while others dont.

One thing I noticed though is these stations claim they are in MP3, but the stations are all loading .PLS files instead.

Could it be the stations on how they are allowing their stations to be streamed or is the .PLS an issue even though the stations state .MP3 as the file type??
Old 11th April 2013, 01:25   #16
DrO

everything from shoutcast.com comes in a pls or m3u file. that is completely normal. the pls or m3u contains a link (or links with clustered streams) to the actual stream inside it. as such those are just a text files and it's down to the player (web, dedicated) to 'load' them and get the actual stream url to play.

you would be better providing links to the ones that don't work for you so someone external of you and your buddy (who knows more about things) can try them out.
Old 11th April 2013, 03:29   #17
MelodyofTrance

Thats easy. Im only going to channels from Digitally Imported (what you type in search bar at top). One of them is their Goth station

http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-...n.pls?id=59174

This one always wants to play on your internal player. Not shoutcast web player and its noted as mp3.
Old 11th April 2013, 04:45   #18
jaromanda
Forum King

A better search Dark Asylum Radio digitally imported

P.S. all good here, works like it should

So I did
Old 11th April 2013, 05:18   #19
MelodyofTrance

That is so odd. I tried it on 4 different laptops on different networks and my friend even tried it through his and same thing. thats real real odd. ok thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 05:54   #20
MelodyofTrance

Question: When you went to the station I provided that I cant get to load into the internet web player, did it come up allowing you to open or save as? Was it still opening up as a .pls file and if so, how did you get it to load then into the web player online?
Old 11th April 2013, 10:10   #21
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyofTrance View Post
Question: When you went to the station I provided that I cant get to load into the internet web player, did it come up allowing you to open or save as? Was it still opening up as a .pls file and if so, how did you get it to load then into the web player online?
I searched

I clicked play

player started

hovering over the play link shows the link as a .pls

perhaps you have some addon in your browser that is messing with the javascript on that page (as I imagine that if you select the web player, javascript is used to intercept the click to open the web player windows and stop the default event)

I just tried it in chrome (like you said you use) and it works fine in that as well

the only thing I wont do is install VLC to see if that's messing around with the function of that page, because VLC is the biggest turd laid on the internet ever

So I did
Old 11th April 2013, 17:29   #22
MelodyofTrance

Ok, well you mentioned Java and that might be it (especially if its that you might not have updated java lately; I have), because the only thing I have turned on in Chrome right now is Shockwave Flash, Chrome Remote Desktop Viewer, Chrome PDF viewer, Adobe Reader, Google Update, Java(TM) (2 files) - Version: 10.17.2.02
Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
Name: Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U17
Description: Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
Version: 10.17.2.02

I also have enabled NVIDIA 3D plugin, and thats it

So maybe its that Java or it could be because recently I updated it. Maybe I should try turning it off
Old 11th April 2013, 22:47   #23
jaromanda
Forum King

I never mentioned Java

So I did
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions