Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th April 2011, 13:36   #1
dEhiN

Media Library not loading

Hi my media library suddenly stopped loading on Winamp startup. I have Winamp 5.6.1 on Win7 Pro. I tried everything I can think of:

1) In Preferences, rescanning the library. Nothing is scanned when I press Scan Now. In addition, when I press Stop Scan, the button still reads Stop Scan (and doesn't change back to Scan Now).

2) I deleted my watch folders, added them again, and attempted to rescan. The same happened as (1). I then deleted my watch folders, restarted Winamp, added the folders, and attempted to rescan. The same happened. I then deleted my folders, click on remove missing files from library, restarted Winamp, added the folders, and attempted to rescan. The same happened - nothing happened!

3) I reinstalled Winamp, and attempted both (1) and (2), and nothing changed. I did not uninstall Winamp first*.

If I select the History view in the Media Library, I can see my playback history. However, if I select Local Media, or any of the subviews below Local Media, I see only a blank window in the right-hand pane of the Media Library.

*Please note: If possible, I am trying to preserve my current installation's settings on which media I have viewed, how many times, etc. I have my reasons for this. However, if the solution to my problem involves uninstalling Winamp, and somehow clearing all existing Winamp settings on my computer, I will do so. I would rather have Winamp Media Library recognizing my media files.

Anyway, any help you can give me is appreciated.

God bless
Hiran
dEhiN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support