Old 19th April 2011, 13:36   #1
dEhiN

Media Library not loading

Hi my media library suddenly stopped loading on Winamp startup. I have Winamp 5.6.1 on Win7 Pro. I tried everything I can think of:

1) In Preferences, rescanning the library. Nothing is scanned when I press Scan Now. In addition, when I press Stop Scan, the button still reads Stop Scan (and doesn't change back to Scan Now).

2) I deleted my watch folders, added them again, and attempted to rescan. The same happened as (1). I then deleted my watch folders, restarted Winamp, added the folders, and attempted to rescan. The same happened. I then deleted my folders, click on remove missing files from library, restarted Winamp, added the folders, and attempted to rescan. The same happened - nothing happened!

3) I reinstalled Winamp, and attempted both (1) and (2), and nothing changed. I did not uninstall Winamp first*.

If I select the History view in the Media Library, I can see my playback history. However, if I select Local Media, or any of the subviews below Local Media, I see only a blank window in the right-hand pane of the Media Library.

*Please note: If possible, I am trying to preserve my current installation's settings on which media I have viewed, how many times, etc. I have my reasons for this. However, if the solution to my problem involves uninstalling Winamp, and somehow clearing all existing Winamp settings on my computer, I will do so. I would rather have Winamp Media Library recognizing my media files.

Anyway, any help you can give me is appreciated.

God bless
Hiran
dEhiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 10:40   #2
Daybreak

I'm having the same problem.

Media Library window is blank and stuck in scan mode.

This just started, so I thought maybe my media drive was going bad so I removed the old 'watch' drive and added my backup drive's media folder with the same results: stuck on scan.

I decided to upgrade so I uninstalled the older version and cleaned everything up with winoptimizer. After doing a clean install of version 5.621, same problem.

Could be: a virus, registry error, other newly installed software, the drive winamp is installed on having issues.

I'm doing a full virus check with Microsoft Security Essentials right now.

Will report back if I find the problem and/or a solution.

Edit: No viruses/spyware found. No conflicting programs. HiJackThis shows only 'known and necessary' programs and routines.

The only recent change has been installing Windowblinds 7, which I doubt is causing Winamp's Media Library to hang during a media scan.

Help?

Last edited by Daybreak; 16th July 2011 at 12:08.
Daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 21:28   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
search the forums. the answer is there tons of times. check known issues too.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 03:15   #4
Daybreak

Well google didn't help, and I did search this forum before posting here, I just didn't have my wording right I guess.

I finally found a thread that suggested a corrupted database file: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....a+Library+scan

I deleted main.dat and main.idx in %appdata%\winamp\plugins\ml\ and winamp rebuilt the Media Library.
Daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 13:54   #5
DKDiveDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
search the forums. the answer is there tons of times. check known issues too.
What an unhelpful, arrogant bastard you are!

I have same problem. I scanned folders yesterday, about 26000 items (248GB), and this morning after starting WinAmp, yes latest version, Media Library is blank, and rescanning rtaverses folders sure, but nothing shows in Media Library, also when playing new files they are not added.
DKDiveDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 22:11   #6
MrSinatra
Forum King

another satisfied customer.

--
Old 5th May 2014, 06:43   #7
Baldy67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak View Post
I deleted main.dat and main.idx in %appdata%\winamp\plugins\ml\ and winamp rebuilt the Media Library.
Cheers Daybreak. Worked straight away for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDiveDude View Post
What an unhelpful, arrogant b*****d you are!
Haha, i totally agree with you DKDiveDude, MrSinatra was very condescending and unhelpful!
Baldy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 09:49   #8
DrO

it seems you're not using a current version of Winamp as a number of fixes were made which generally revolves the database corruption as well as there were ui changes which make it simple to see if the issue happened and to reset the files with a click of a button. so you (anyone else) should ensure you're using at least v5.666 build 3516 and apply any plug-in patches applicable at the time.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 14:37   #9
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy67 View Post
Haha, i totally agree with you DKDiveDude, MrSinatra was very condescending and unhelpful!
glad to be of service.

--
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support