Old 3rd June 2013, 16:41   #1
MusicNeuroPatter

Jump to currently playing track in a playlist

By now I don't see the currently playing track in a playlist. Would it be possible to highlight & move/jump to the currently playing track in a playlist ?

I got random mode set to on but sometimes I want to play songs ordered somewhere next to the currently playing track but when I expand winamp I have to search on my own for the current track in my (big) playlist.
MusicNeuroPatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 02:25   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi,

Winamp should scroll the currently playing file into view in the playlist editor window by default. The color theme of the skin you are using will determine the color of the highlighting.

If you have installed the "Jump to File Extra" plug-in, it has an option to disable the automatic scrolling. Go to the General Preferences (Ctrl+P) Jump To File - Extras tab. Look under the Miscellaneous Features options. The spacebar can be used to force the currently playing file into view when this option is enabled.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 23:27   #3
MusicNeuroPatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Hi,

Winamp should scroll the currently playing file into view in the playlist editor window by default. The color theme of the skin you are using will determine the color of the highlighting.

If you have installed the "Jump to File Extra" plug-in, it has an option to disable the automatic scrolling. Go to the General Preferences (Ctrl+P) Jump To File - Extras tab. Look under the Miscellaneous Features options. The spacebar can be used to force the currently playing file into view when this option is enabled.
Thanks for the reply - however that's only the box in the upper right and not in the main window. But I guess that has to suffice, in case that plug-in would help out with that: I can't find a download on google nor on this site's search.
MusicNeuroPatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 00:39   #4
DrO

it sounds like you're describing the Bento skin. as such, the box in the top right is the main playlist editor and what you're referring to as the 'main window' is the library window (with other skins the position of the windows would typically be different) and specifically the library playlists.

the feature Aminifu is referring to is shipped with Winamp, you just have to ensure it's enabled on the user interface section of the components page during install.

by default, Winamp will scroll the current item in the main playlist editor into view. it will not do so for the library playlists as they have zero knowledge of what is going on with respect to Winamp's playback (hence no auto-scrolling or highlighting of the currently playing item if it is present in the playlist being viewed). it is something which has been on the wishlist for quite a long time so doesn't guarantee it appearing as an addition in say a 5.7 beta in the near future...
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2013, 02:18   #5
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it is something which has been on the wishlist for quite a long time so doesn't guarantee it appearing as an addition in say a 5.7 beta in the near future...
nothing to see here, move along quietly...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ml_playlists_playing.png
Views:	645
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	50654  
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
current, current track, playlist