Old 23rd December 2010, 16:57   #1
mistamontiel

Localize issue..? di.fm streaming system lock up.

Hi, I would download .pls or run em from di.fm, awesome electronic community, tons o' variety.

Back then it was fine they'd stream proper, now I try and my system locks up and I'm forced to hold the power button.

I would check in Task Manager and winamp raced up to 100,000 some memory and my PC just locks up.

Of course I asked the di.fm community first, and they said it may be a localize issue..not so sure, please assist.
mistamontiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 17:07   #2
DrO

stream url being used and plug-ins list -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins please.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 17:36   #3
mistamontiel

http://listen.di.fm/public3/lounge.pls

Not so sure if I attached the .txt, a moderator must approve
Old 23rd December 2010, 17:45   #4
DrO

try posting an attachment again - the forum didn't like the single url being posted so blocked you (though i've tried that url in 5.54 and 5.601 and i'm not seeing any memory increase irrespective of the type of skin being used).

-daz
Old 23rd December 2010, 17:47   #5
mistamontiel

Here's the plugins .txt. (I hope)

EDIT: Man I didn't scroll all the way right to see the Upload button. Just a second
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (18.6 KB, 120 views)
Old 28th December 2010, 00:34   #6
mistamontiel

Please respond..
Old 28th December 2010, 12:38   #7
DrO

from a look at the log (now that i'm no long on holiday) you're using an old version of Winamp so would suggest upgrading to the current version (5.601 at the moment).

also you have 'Mojo Master Visualizer [vis_MojoMaster.dll] [active]' as your active visualisation plug-in, i would turn it off and see if the issue still happens.

otherwise there are the following 3rd party plug-ins present in your install though i doubt they'd be causing the issue being seen:

zsKnight and _Demo_ SPC Player v0.600(x86) [in_spc.dll]
64th Note v1.2 beta 3 Mar 31 2007 [in_usf.dll]
VGM input plugin v0.35 [in_vgm.dll]

-daz
Old 28th December 2010, 13:02   #8
mistamontiel

DrO, I had installed this version countless times. For a while Winamp did not seem to leave my .mp4 videos alone. Finally they stuck to Media Player.

The audio plugins don't bother, just for emulated music.

If I had to upgrade Winamp, is there a way to import exact settings as I'm using now ? Thanks !!
Old 28th December 2010, 15:29   #9
DrO

i'm aware of the plug-ins (especially 64th Note which i've provided patches for in the past), is more just stating it now so if something does need to be done i don't have to re-open the file.

as for upgrading, the previous settings are used so nothing special needs to be done. and i've no idea about the mp4 thing though newer client versions handle registration and UAC stuff better than the older ones so that may have been part of it.

and if the upgrade still leads to a crash then i'm not too sure what else to suggest as i've not seen the issue reported by anyone else so might be something just specific to your machine (i guess early hardware issues could cause it or issues with the stability or your internet connection but that's all just guessing).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support