Old 3rd February 2015, 19:27   #1
azcn2503

Upgraded from 2.46 to 3.0b1, log plugin not working

Hello,

After upgrading from 2.46 to 3.0b1, our NSIS Log plugin (nsislog.dll, available from http://nsis.sourceforge.net/NSISLog_plug-in) is no longer working. The code we are using is as follows:

code:
!macro LogMessage _MESSAGE
;IfSilent 0 +2
nsislog::log "$DirLog\Install.log" "${_MESSAGE}"

DetailPrint "${_MESSAGE}"
!macroend

During a command line install with makensis.exe, the following error message is given:

code:
Plugin not found, cannot call nsislog::log
Error in macro LogMessage on macroline 2

It seems as though it is not finding nsislog.dll, or perhaps there is some incompatibility with this plugin and 3.0b1?

I tested using nsislog.dll from 2.46 in addition to the one downloaded from the URL above, but neither work. I am placing them directly inside the Plugins directory.

Side-note: One difference I have noticed between these versions is that the plugins have been separated in to two folders - x86-ansi and x86-unicode, but nsislog.dll is in the root of Plugins. I believe this is correct? I believe it to be correct since the XML plugin has an installer which installed it directly to this location, and did resolve another error particular to an issue loading XML plugin features.

Perhaps somebody could let me know if this is also affecting them, or suggest some workarounds?

Apologies for my newbie post, this is my first dive in to NSIS, and my first exposure to it has been upgrading the software, I would give you more detailed information but I am not too sure where to look! Thanks for your replies in advance.
azcn2503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:44   #2
Anders

You need to move it to NSIS\Plugins\x86-ansi or use !addplugindir /x86-ansi "${NSISDIR}\Plugins" in your script...

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 20:19   #3
azcn2503

Thanks!
azcn2503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 22:10   #4
Anders

Because I have both NSIS 2.4x and 3.0 installed I find it useful to put all 3rd-party plugins in a common directory in %AppData% and only change nsisconf.nsh...

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion