Old 3rd April 2002, 23:44   #1
CrocodileDumdee

Aaarrghhh!! :(

Okay...
I started a great skin last night - something completely new and different that would top the charts
I was working on it mainly in Adobe PhotoDeluxe, and saved it as the standard PD filetype (*.pdd) so that the layers would be saved. I opened and closed the file several times last night, but when I went to open it today, a message window popped up that said:
Quote:
Could not open 'main.pdd' because the file is not compatible with this version of PhotoDeluxe.
I tried opening other files with the same extension and they all worked fine. I restarted my comp and tried again, both from within the program and by double-clicking on the file, but it still said the same thing.
I know none have you hav probably ever worked with PD, but any suggestions might help.
So am I screwed? Must I start over? I was really hoping to show you guys this skin, but I think you'll have to wait a bit longer...
CrocodileDumdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2002, 23:57   #2
Forevever
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Forevever Send a message via Yahoo to Forevever
did you have a prior version of photodeluxe on your system? microsoft does strange things sometimes during the opening and closing of programs in windows for no apparent reason, out of nowhere, and it may have changed your default *.pdd open command back in time to when you had the previous version (does this make sense?)

if you did have a previous version and upgraded to your current version, it could be a number of things actually..

so did you?

If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to Forevever@aol.com
I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.
Forevever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2002, 00:32   #3
CrocodileDumdee

No, I had no previous version of PD, and I am able to open other *.pdd files with no trouble. However...I recently installed GIMP...could that be it? I can open other pdd files, so I think not, but that might be it.
Old 4th April 2002, 00:37   #4
Forevever
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Forevever Send a message via Yahoo to Forevever
I assume gimp does not support pdd files?

I can't imagine how gimp would've only affected that one file during installation and not all of them..

the file itself has been corrupted somehow though - likely - either during the saving process or maybe your computer crashed? yes?

sorry to say, if no one else in this forum has any ideas, you might have to kiss it goodbye and start a new one

I empathize with you, I've been there

If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to Forevever@aol.com
I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.
Forevever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2002, 00:40   #5
CrocodileDumdee

I had a feeling it was lost...I just wanted to get others opinions before I went ahead and started over ...I won't startover rightaway cuz I hav stuff to do now, so if anyone has any other suggestions..please suggest! Thanx
Old 4th April 2002, 02:51   #6
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Why not post the file to see if it's the file thats corrupted or the programs doing silly things. Also i'd take a guess and say that photoshop would be able to open it if it isnt corrupted, so someone might be able to save it as a different format so you could open it with gimp or similar.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2002, 15:17   #7
Nini
skin domptrice
(Major Dudette)

Send a message via ICQ to Nini Send a message via AIM to Nini
I suppose that PSP knows the PDD format (dunno, but you can open almost everything with PSP), maybe the file isn't damaged (yet)

Does your PhotoDeluxe really work as usual? Maybe the registry is f****d up...

The skin love webring
Nini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2002, 17:50   #8
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

By the looks of it, psp7 cant open .ppd files. It definately cant save files in that format anyway.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2002, 18:45   #9
ripe
Major Dude

photoshop does open .pdd files. it would be worth testing it in photoshop before you give up hope.

post the .pdd somewhere so we can test it for you
ripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2002, 22:04   #10
CrocodileDumdee

Yes, PD works normally with other files. Here's the file if someone wants to test it. Thanks a lot
Old 4th April 2002, 22:12   #11
CrocodileDumdee

oops
zipped it cuz its not a valid extension.

On a lighter note...YAY 100 posts!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip main.zip (24.4 KB, 90 views)
Old 4th April 2002, 22:19   #12
Mr_Tough_Guy
Major Dude

tried to open it with photoshop 5.5 but I got the same message you did, sorry mate
Mr_Tough_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2002, 22:29   #13
CrocodileDumdee

Yargh...curses...
Oh well...I guess I'll have to start over
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins