Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

Old 17th June 2016, 14:02   #41
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I am afraid, that the problem with Adobe Flash is not the only-one problem...

Careful users are trying to avoid everything, which could be full of risk, but many of them are on LinkedIn, MySpace, Tumblr, Twitter and other big websites. In 2012 LinkedIn itself had been hacked and in 2013 also MySpace, the database of millions of users had been stolen and sold. I really have to worry about the other Creative Commons Artists, who have their accounts on these websites, and also Frank and I are there.

If somebody suddenly experiences problems with malware, hackers and identity thefts, it can be because of the Adobe Flash Problem, but also because of the big website hackings.

I have read the newest article a little bit. It sounds very horrible...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016, 03:29   #42
sankt

Firefox sets kill-Flash schedule

Mozilla will begin blocking certain Flash use in Firefox in August and will expand the anti-Flash restrictions to all content in 2017

http://www.infoworld.com/article/309...-schedule.html

So long, Good bye - will hardly miss you

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 07:14   #43
sankt

Today, more than 90% of Flash on the web loads behind the scenes to support things like page analytics. This kind of Flash slows you down, and starting this September, Chrome 53 will begin to block it.

https://chrome.googleblog.com/2016/0...nd-chrome.html

First Mozilla started blocking Flash, now Chrome will start. Another nail in the coffin . . . . . .

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
Old 22nd May 2017, 04:59   #44
sankt

Developers of the Mozilla's Firefox Web Browser have indicated that version 55, due in August 2017, will be openly hostile to Adobe's Flash plugin.

“As part of the ongoing NPAPI plug-in deprecation in Firefox, Flash content is now defaulted to click-to-activate in Firefox Nightly,” the developers write, adding that . “The current plan is to roll out this change gradually to the Beta and Release channel user base of Firefox 55. Web publishers must have a clear plan to move away from any Flash dependency to offer the best possible user experience.”

The browser will also allow Flash content to load only if it is served over HTTP or HTTPS. FTP or file uploads won't be allowed.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/05...n_adobe_flash/

Just Say No To Flash

Old 23rd May 2017, 00:22   #45
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankt View Post
Just Say No To Flash
How do we go about convincing the WA forum admin (Egg?) to update the [youtube] tag? Seeing broken videos over and over again (attached) really grinds my gears.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flash-broken.png
Views:	30
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	53273  

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 14:49   #46
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

And that's the reason, why I do both now: In "What are you listening to right now?" I post the video itself and also the link to the video below, and I have the title above, in case the video will be deleted some day.

Recently I was not able to start Streampad in my Tumblr-Profile. I should test my Swans in the Britzer Garten on Vimeo...

Old 16th June 2017, 15:34   #47
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I did some searches with the keywords "adobe flash ende", "adobe flash end", "adobe flash wikipedia", and there are some links to articles in German, English and other languages.

It is very bad, that more and more cybercrime happens worldwide and that the many criminal people know the vulnerabilities very well, and these vulnerabilities are not only with the Adobe Flash Player.

It seems, the better times have gone when the users had felt a little bit more well and secure if they had surfed in the internet. But also telephone-users who hate computers and have to use the router now for making "normal telephone calls" have to be very careful. Especially since 2015 Frank and I have to experience very much telephone-spam. The fraudsters want to pull someone financially over the table, and they don't leave a message on our old-fashioned telephone answering machine. They want, that we take the phone receiver directly, and of course we don't do that. And in the past (before so many problems had appeared and come out of control) we had refused to give our E-Mail-Adresses to unknown people when they had PMed us in Facebook until December 2014 (before we had to deactivate our accounts). But many big websites had been hacked (for example LinkedIn, MySpace, Tumblr, Twitter, Yahoo etc.), and from there very much user-data had been stolen and sold.

Back to the topic with Adobe Flash: Hopefully soon all video- and music-websites will have HTML 5, so that no Adobe Flash will be necessary anymore...

Old 20th June 2017, 05:37   #48
sankt

Adobe Flash was good in the beginning - but now it has become a honey pot for boat loads of malware and generally evil stuff. It is also a resource hog from hell - good riddance !

Old 20th June 2017, 13:53   #49
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Although we didn't have figured out yet, what did really happen, we have to think now also, that maybe such problems with Adobe Flash had existed already in 2014 and in the previous years, and maybe it was because of Adobe Flash. But it would be only one of the possibilities. At least we ourselves didn't have experienced this nasty ransomware yet.

But the very massive problems incl. the telephone-spam which suddenly had increased could have happened also, because nearly 1 million routers from our telephone & internet provider had been hacked in October 2014 and in October 2016, and our model was one of the listed models. And in Autumn 2014 suddenly also unknown people with mobile devices had stood near our house for many hours every day, and when we had turned off the WLAN in December 2014, suddenly these people had disappeared, although the router is from October 2013 and the WLAN-Code should have been secure. Did these unknown people watch our activities or did they surf in our network? And I had mentioned also the stolen user data from LinkedIn etc., maybe also on this way many E-Mail-Adresses had been hacked, and they had been misused for sending spam, but also many identity thefts had happened, and the names of the users had been misused for registering in online stores. I have read, 30% of the users had to make already such experiences (or were these more than 30%?). And we ourselves always were very careful, for nothing.

I really don't like these criminal people, not in the internet and also not in real...

Last edited by Sabine Klare; 20th June 2017 at 15:20.
Old 22nd June 2017, 03:24   #50
sankt

The problem with your Wireless Router could be the type of security setting you were using on the router:

WEP / WPA / WPA2

Old 4th July 2017, 15:08   #51
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have needed a while, also because of many extra-dates.

I have looked onto the manuals of our previous router (it had lived from Spring 2007 to 3rd October 2013) and of our current router (since 4th October 2013). The old one had WEP, our current one has WPA / WPA2.

Also I have searched for the keyword "WEP / WPA / WPA2 unterschiede", and I have visited the pages on Wikipedia, Heise, PC-WELT, NETZWELT, CHIP. On the last one they had also the embedded video "Video-Tipp: Die CHIP Hackademy klärt auf, was Sie bei einem WLAN-Hack tun können", and unfortunately also the keys of routers with WPA2 can be hacked.

The unknown people had done their long stays with their mobile devices already since many weeks, when before XMAS 2014 we got a mail from our telephone provider, that unallowed activities from our IP would have been done and that someone had complained about these activities. You know, Frank and I never would do unallowed activities. In the same time also the identity theft had been done. Another person in another city with the same name had registered in online-stores and used one of our E-Mail-Adresses, and we got E-Mails from these stores with "Thank You for Your registration". But we never had registered in online-stores. The "firstname-lastname @ internet-provider . de" (of course without blank spaces between) can be guessed very easily (if it would have happened on this way). As if this would not be enough, also the telephone-spam had increased, after our provider had changed our telephone-connection to IP-based, although we didn't want that and we always want to see paperforms first before hand-signing something.

I have 2 own threads which touch also the topics with problems in the internet and that not all people in Facebook are honest, "About computers, routers, internet, backup-copies, accounts and more" and "About virtual contacts in the internet and contacts in real", they can be found in Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist. Here we have still the topic about Adobe Flash, although I am really annoyed, that again a stalker / huntsman makes a lot of problems for me, now also in the forums (he had stolen my text in another thread and posts it again and again).

BTW, recently I did my control-visits and checked out our band-member-profiles. Again some of them don't exist anymore. And I have discovered, that the music-website "beatlab" is still Flash-based, it does not work, if the latest version of Flash is not installed. If they don't change to HTML soon, then it never will work anymore some day. I don't know, how do the other websites work which need WebGL, with Flash or with HTML, and on some computers the WebGL-Renderer is blocked in Firefox because of the graphic driver version (then Chrome should be used instead).

I should attach 2 .txt-files, after I had to update especially one of them a few times (the other one is very new). I think, they will be necessary, and I hope, they are okay for You.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sternenmaschine_Band_Members_Links.txt (31.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: txt WebGL-Renderer_And_Web-Music-Player.txt (5.1 KB, 18 views)

Old 7th July 2017, 14:38   #52
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Mistakes should not happen, but there was a mistake in one of the links. Of course it should have been "http" and not "ttp". How can something miss my very accurate check-ups? But I thought, if I edit my file, then also 2 more links should be added. I found once some websites via the Chrome Web Store, and I wanted to use them also independently, for example in Firefox. I don't know, if "Oscillicious" and "Planetarium" are flash-based yet or if they work also with HTML, maybe they also have disappeared from the internet. After 2014 I didn't test them anymore, but I remember my old bookmarks which I had saved as backups.

How do all the music-websites work on mobile devices now? I know, that Adobe Flash for mobile devices had been discontinued, at least for Android, but maybe also for iPhone and iPad. I have mentioned the many music-websites already many times, and also apps for the most websites had been developed. For doing that the beautiful profile layouts had to be replaced by very boring profile layouts.

Do I only have too much fears or am I right, that PCs and notebooks at home are a little bit more secure than mobile devices, if the users want to login? Also I still refuse to make online-banking, I always go to the bank and I always pay with the old-fashioned method, coins and banknotes or also with filled-in paperforms for money-transfer. I don't want to be pulled into debts because of hackers, I always try to avoid debts, because debts can mean also big losses some day.

About cybercrime and crime in real: They both had increased very much, and also those people who are very careful can become victims. Recently I had to hear again about that. The criminal people will do their nasty actions more in the cities than in the villages. In the villages there are many single-family-houses while in the cities there are many multi-family-houses, and the chances for getting the WLAN-key hacked are much bigger in the cities, while housebreakers can appear everywhere and steal objects.

Now I want to leave my updated .txt-file. Maybe You Yourselves have discovered already some more music- and video-websites...
Attached Files
File Type: txt WebGL-Renderer_And_Web-Music-Player.txt (5.4 KB, 18 views)

Old 26th July 2017, 05:17   #53
sankt

Adobe is working with Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Mozilla to put that last nail in Flash’s coffin over the course of the next three years. The Adobe statement continues, “Specifically, we will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourage content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to these new open formats.”

https://gizmodo.com/adobe-is-finally...ime-1797231399

Old 14th August 2017, 20:33   #54
MYR

Yeah it's honestly about time. Technology has moved on, time to force the developers to quit using it as a crutch.
MYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions