Old 22nd May 2015, 05:30   #1
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

New decks

Quote:
Four channels of mixing, real slip mats and vinyl, motorized platters, and a full array of touch-activated knobs and filters and velocity-sensitive performance pads—NS7II is the most responsive DJ console ever created.

The NS7II has filter, effects, and EQ knobs that are intelligent, responding instantaneously to your touch, giving you capabilities you haven’t even imagined ... yet. Perform instant frequency kills, spontaneously combine filters with effects, and more.

The four-channel mixer can operate standalone, which means you can mix up to four external sources without even turning your computer on.

http://www.numark.com/microsites/ns7ii
I had some spare cash to blow, so I picked up a "Used" NS7 II a couple weeks ago from the Amazon Warehouse. They took $400 off the normal price of $1300 (including tax & shipping) because the box was "damaged". Turns out the unit was brand new and still sealed in its original wrapping. Talk about a score!

I've been out of the game for over a year now so I've spent the last few weeks locked up in the bedroom messing with this thing non-stop. Between getting the hang of Serato DJ and generally being rusty AF, I feel like I'm learning how to mix all over again. Not to mention that there's so many features I'm not used to having that all the new possibilities are almost overwhelming. MPC pads, Slip Mode, Post-fader effects, variable motor start/stop time, dedicated filter knobs, etc. etc.

I'm having more fun than I have since I first started DJing in '09. This thing feels like real vinyl! I'm thinking about getting into SHOUTcast broadcasting again just so I have an excuse to keep mixing.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:01   #2
webthing
Forum King

Cool. Time to get the crew together and rave.

webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:46   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

Super Cool!

You must be living right. I'm very jealous!

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2015, 20:23   #4
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webthing View Post
Cool. Time to get the crew together and rave.
I'm down. You bringing Lucy and Molly?

Old 20th June 2015, 13:20   #5
fc*uk

How do you like that Numark setup?

My Xponent is getting old (as I've beaten the hell out of it since moving south … you know… outside … sand, salt, etc generally are not good for electrical components … oddly enough the laptop is still kicking).
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 03:38   #6
joker0605

Wow! Cooooool

รายงานผลบอลสด กระชับ ฉับไว ได้ที่นี่ ผลบอลเมื่อคืน
joker0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2015, 18:22   #7
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
How do you like that Numark setup?

My Xponent is getting old (as I've beaten the hell out of it since moving south … you know… outside … sand, salt, etc generally are not good for electrical components … oddly enough the laptop is still kicking).
Loving it to death, but a few complaints:

First off, the center notch on the Filter knobs wears out way too quickly. This is a well-known issue, so I knew what I was getting into when I bought it. Still, it would be nice if Numark addressed the problem instead of simply replacing the knobs with the same ones that'll again wear out after a couple months.

Secondly, the pitch sliders are only accurate down to 0.05 BPM. Gets a little annoying when trying to beatmatch accurately, requiring me to use a lot of pitch bending and platter nudging to keep tunes in sync.

Lastly, the line inputs are almost completely useless. They're about 10% as loud as Serato's output. So if I want to use a CDJ with the mixer, I have to either turn down the gains on all the tunes played through Serato, or crank the gain on the line input to max then boost the EQ knobs as well. Thankfully it's a full EQ, and not parametric.

Also, the mirrored decks are weird at first, but I got used to them fairly quickly.

Despite the complaints, I can't help but love the shit out of this setup. It's so far ahead of any other controller I've used that I'm willing to get over its faults.

If you're interested, I posted a detailed review on Amazon.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions