Old 29th October 2015, 22:02   #1
dobre.dani

Minimalistic toolbar with file removal option

Hello,

If anybody knows of a plugin, tool or an application other then Winamp that does the following, please let me know:

- very small size: taskbar icons will work great, doesn't even need to have it's own window, just to take as little space on the screen so it can always be visible while I am working
- Prev/Next buttons and
- A button that will send the currently playing file to the recycling bin.
- Option (button) to set Rating and move the file to another folder

Thank you for your answers!
dobre.dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2015, 04:53   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Hmmm... very specific.. I can't think of another app, but most of what you want is achievable through a skin, but not all:

- Very small size / as little space on the screen so it can always be visible.. POSSIBLE
- Prev/Next POSSIBLE
- A button that will send the currently playing file to the recycling bin NOT POSSIBLE (I'm also looking for this function, I used to delete songs I don't like so I use it a lot). Closer to this is a button with just the Remove functions (the PL button I mean)
- Option / button to set Rating POSSIBLE
- Move the file to another folder KINDA POSSIBLE, with a plugin (which locates in the menu of Misc actions PL button)
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2015, 23:41   #3
dobre.dani

Thank you for your response. I have found here something very useful, it is called "File Deleter v2" made by Jeremy Evers.

It is great for shipping the songs I don't like straight to the bin without hassle. It also has a function to move to a specified folder, for those songs I want to keep. It does not have ratings, however I just found out that the flac files don't store ratings.

I am looking for ways to sort the music without bringing the winamp window to the foreground. This plugin works great so far, probably the only downside is that it moves the files to the specified folder without keeping the original folder structure. If the music is organized in albums (individual folders), I loose this structure.
dobre.dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
minimal, remove file, taskbar