Old 14th July 2007, 17:59   #1
Zbig

Output device quick-switch

Hi

I'm using two audio devices and two speaker sets on my PC. I have a 5.1 set connected to on-board Intel High-Definition Codec and Creative stereo bi-amped monitor speakers plugged to EMU 0404 sound card. Which one I choose, depends on the music genre I'm currently listening to, my mood, and so on If I like to turn up some volume and get some more serious bass response, I'm using 5.1 set with subwoofer. If I'm listening to more gentle music or whenever audio fidelity is a priority at the moment, I'm switching to E-MU with monitor speakers, which gives me better dynamics, more linear frequency response and so on. Using WinAMP this way, I've found clicking through all the menus (Preferences/Output/Device...), every time I want to switch my gear, quite troublesome. It would be great to have some plug-in or built-in feature which would allow me to switch between devices in one/two clicks or keyboard shortcut. I think that feature would be appreciated by all USB headphones users too. What do you think - would that be possible?

Regards
Zbig
Zbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 18:39   #2
zeruyo

I don't think they'll hear at that ear. I beg that could be possible to user define an automatic search order when multiple audio cards are installed to avoid that annoying error if an audio card is disconnected (not so rare today with notebooks and external usb interfaces). Result? Now the error is in loop if it can't find the audio card with which previously worked, and I have to shutdown the process through task manager. They probably think that the average user is the one with the motherboard embedded audio card and no more. Adieu Winamp
zeruyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 00:11   #3
blueNgrey

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbig
I think that feature would be appreciated by all USB headphones users too.
As you mentioned I'm using often USB headphone. This feature were very useful for me too.
blueNgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 01:03   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

You could just copy winamp.ini to e.g. winamp2.ini
then create a new shortcut icon for Winamp using a command line something like:

"C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe" /CONFIG="%appdata%\Winamp\winamp2.ini"

Then open this 2nd instance of Winamp
and change the Output Device accordingly.

You'll now have two Winamp shortcut icons, one for each output device.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 05:03   #5
ketarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbig View Post
Hi

I'm using two audio devices and two speaker sets on my PC. I have a 5.1 set connected to on-board Intel High-Definition Codec and Creative stereo bi-amped monitor speakers plugged to EMU 0404 sound card. Which one I choose, depends on the music genre I'm currently listening to, my mood, and so on If I like to turn up some volume and get some more serious bass response, I'm using 5.1 set with subwoofer. If I'm listening to more gentle music or whenever audio fidelity is a priority at the moment, I'm switching to E-MU with monitor speakers, which gives me better dynamics, more linear frequency response and so on. Using WinAMP this way, I've found clicking through all the menus (Preferences/Output/Device...), every time I want to switch my gear, quite troublesome. It would be great to have some plug-in or built-in feature which would allow me to switch between devices in one/two clicks or keyboard shortcut. I think that feature would be appreciated by all USB headphones users too. What do you think - would that be possible?

Regards
Zbig
Hello. I have the same issue here with a notebook and very often I plugin an USB headphone and switch between the internal/USB soundcard. Yes, it is very troublesome to go trough all the menus to switch, and the option to have 2 inis require to close and reopen Winamp. I'm also using VLC, and it's quite easy to do this, but I loove Winamp! I'm an user from 1998 (winamp 2.x)
Please take this feature into consideration, I Think many users here really appreciate that.
Greetings and thnaks for this great piece of software!
ketarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist