• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hgnis
    Hobbit Humper
    Forum King
    • Sep 2002

Are we still alive?

The GD family has been running for over 2 decades now. Did anyone become famous? Did anyone become a millionaire on bitcoin? Start up rebels in Silicon Valley? Someone become a doctor? Local, state or federal politician? Visit every country on earth or been to space? Are we all just dying off, now too old with worldly care and are just waiting for the end? I miss the righteous angst of naive digital infants we feigned to be. Widdy gone, Viper gone. I just lost my hair.....unfortunately TX sun is brutal. Back to slumber.
    I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
    Realitybites
    <3
  • old and quite mad
    Major Dude
    • May 2000

Sign me up for "just waiting for the end".
    The search for the ultimate signature continues apace. I have journeyed from the peaks of Nepal to the depths of oceanic trenches. I have crossed deserts, jungles, swamps, savannas, steppes and frozen wastelands. I have consulted with seers, swamis, sages, scholars and savants. The peregrination proceeds purposefully.

Comment

• Warrior of the Light
      Forum King
      • Aug 2002

Originally Posted by hgnis View Post
      The GD family has been running for a decade now and been crawling for another
      Fixed that for you

Still breathing. I'm allright.
      Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever

Comment

• NJK
        FRISIAN
        • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by hgnis View Post
        The GD family has been running for over 2 decades now. Did anyone become famous? l
        Nope not famous , only 14 years older since i signed up
        latest version of Winamp
        DSP Plug V2.41
        Language Packs

Comment

• Vie
          Forum King
          • Dec 2001

Still around, going a little bit loopy maybe but still holding together.

I don't think I've quite reached famous, or even gotten close, but I do get to work with yahtzee of Zero Punctuation fame so.. ...yay?
          Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.

Comment

• bum4evr
            • Dec 2002

I just "discovered" this forum 10 minutes ago cause I lost all my favorite skins and had to re-download so I googled and this place came up. Then I discovered I have been a member since 2002 and haven't posted in 3 and a half years. I was drunk and high a lot back then so its no big surprise. But nothing will ever replace Winamp as my favorite music player on my PC, nothing else even comes close to how awesome it is.

When I got my first PC on Win 95 I can remember 3 things I discovered that blew my mind, Winamp, MIRC and ICQ (Wait.. you mean I can use ICQ to transfer MP3s to to and from people on my contact list?? Even if one song took a half-hour it still blew my mind, the song was mine forever!)

Anyhow, I have added this forum to my favorites and will try and come around at least every year or so. keep up the good work.

Bum4evr

Comment

• iomegajaz
              Balled and Chained
              Alumni
              • Jun 2000

hgnis, are you still with duet?

ShyShy and Shy Jr have visited their folks in Killeen (near Ft Hood) a couple of times in recent years; if you're still in TX when they and/or I next visit, we should meet up.

No fame or infamy to speak of on our part. We had our 15-year wedding anniversary yesterday. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.
              "My heart hates uggos." –J.D.

Comment

• Wineroz
                • Oct 2018

I know that I am alive, when the physical pain kicks in

But then again, we are all a part of a computer simulation with poorly designed characters

Comment

• hgnis
                  Hobbit Humper
                  Forum King
                  • Sep 2002

Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
                  hgnis, are you still with duet?

ShyShy and Shy Jr have visited their folks in Killeen (near Ft Hood) a couple of times in recent years; if you're still in TX when they and/or I next visit, we should meet up.

No fame or infamy to speak of on our part. We had our 15-year wedding anniversary yesterday. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.
                  Congratulation on 15! Duet and me hit ours at the start of the year. 2 little tornadoes running around the house keeping things exciting here. Working late and busy not living on the government dime makes it feel like only days have passed. Not much to do in Houston but if you guys are passing through I’ll buy lunch. No Outback.
                  I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
                  Realitybites
                  <3

Comment

• iomegajaz
                    Balled and Chained
                    Alumni
                    • Jun 2000

We will take you up on that lunch, next time we're Stateside.

Good to hear you, the missus and the minis are doing well.
                    "My heart hates uggos." –J.D.

Comment

• solcelleruppsala
                      • Nov 2019

Still alive & loving winamp

Comment

• swingdjted
                        DRINK BEER NOW
                        (Forum King)
                        • Feb 2006

Still alive, still working at the school, married to same gal, kid is 7 now, still doing school dances with Winamp if you can.believe it. I might have to stop by the dog thread though since we picked up a new pup.
                        Don't forget to live before you die.

Comment

• cinuyiwo
                          • Dec 2019

lol, don't worry about it i'll do it for you :\

Comment

• Vie
                            Forum King
                            • Dec 2001

I just got reminded that I've been a member of the Winamp Forums for 18 years.

I've been using the same audio player for two decades, across eighteen different computers, and twelve different OS's.

I don't think there's been a single bit of software I've used more consistently.

[edit] And apparently this is my 8000th post here.
                            Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.

Comment

• Warrior of the Light
                              Forum King
                              • Aug 2002

Congratulations, Vie!
                              Winamp runs on anything, I remember stripping it down to fit on a 3.5 inch floppydrive (Preserving AVS and keeping space for like 5 presets) because we couldn't intall programs, and play MP3 files from the CD-Rom drive
                              Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever

Comment

Working...
                              X