Old 22nd August 2002, 03:01   #1
dashrike

Send a message via AIM to dashrike
plagiarism

does anybody know how to dodge the plagiarism detecting software they use at high schools. i dont really want it myself, but i know a couple of kids who would pay good money for it.
Old 22nd August 2002, 03:09   #2
Aquila Blue
Major Dude

I think that is totally wrong. If they are going to cheat, they deserve to be caught. They will never properly learn if they plagerise. I know at some universities there are very severe consequences for plagerism, so best not to get in the habit in high school.

Old 22nd August 2002, 04:25   #3
Trigear
bear!

what she said. plagiarize now and then ten years from now i get misdiagnosed by one of your "friends" who didn't really study in med school. ovarian cancer my ass!
Old 22nd August 2002, 16:11   #4
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
A high school can only check for plagiarim if they have a copy of the paper you turn in. If they don't have a copy (on paper, in a database, or were-ever else), tben they can't claim it's plagiarism.

I seriously doubt your school has a gigantic database that they check everyone's papers against, because that kind of system would not be cheap, and it would be slow as hell. String matching is a very slow process.

Regardless, if you have a paper that they don't have, then they couldn't find out that it was plagiarized.

Don't plagiarize. People who plagiarize are lazy and stupid, and deserve to be caught.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Old 22nd August 2002, 19:42   #5
Effortil

Old 22nd August 2002, 19:49   #6
squell
Banned

Send a message via AIM to squell Send a message via Yahoo to squell
yea, plagerizing is wrong. take jak and daxter for example, the assholes that made that game totally plagerized the chocobo with their flut flut character that you only get to use twice. i don't doubt that i, the cactuar, have been plagerized by many, because i am just so cool and sexy. and powerful. and the best.
Old 22nd August 2002, 19:56   #7
Trigear
bear!

i kill you squell, if for no other reason then for that DAMN 1000 needles move that keeps killing my vivi. you bastard!
Old 22nd August 2002, 20:11   #8
squell
Banned

hey man, thats a different cactuar, from a different game. I am from FF10, the one you are mad at, is from 9. kill him, not me.
Old 22nd August 2002, 23:02   #9
EazyCheeze

Send a message via ICQ to EazyCheeze
Then you deserve to die even more badly than the one from 9, because your 1000 Needles attack does 10000 damage, which is pretty much instant death to everyone who can't dodge!
Old 22nd August 2002, 23:51   #10
SNYder
Forum King

they have software now that detects plagorism?! holy shit! that rulz! yet, it sucks too

anyone have a link?
Old 23rd August 2002, 00:33   #11
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
But if stephan ambrose can do it and make a living, why can't I?
Old 23rd August 2002, 02:27   #12
tiger84
Major Dude

The school doesn't need to keep a database of papers. There are services out there that will check the paper for them. And I doubt they would check every paper, they would probably on check it if they had a suspision.

If life calls and you're busy, let the answering machine pick-up.

Just so you know, my previous avatar was NOT a swastika, nor did it have much similarity to one. Just thought I'd clear that up since I cannot use my own original art work.
Old 23rd August 2002, 09:41   #13
Trigear
bear!

Quote:
Originally posted by squell
hey man, thats a different cactuar, from a different game. I am from FF10, the one you are mad at, is from 9. kill him, not me.
well, at least i LIKE ff9. ff10 blew giant chocoballs. :P
Old 23rd August 2002, 10:53   #14
Jay
Moderator Alumni

I never really understood why people need others to write there papers for them. Are you that lazy? I mean just string your thoughts together and let it flow out to the keyboard. If it is really that hard then you don't deserve to pass the class.
Old 23rd August 2002, 15:03   #15
squell
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by triGEAR

well, at least i LIKE ff9. ff10 blew giant chocoballs. :P
no..NO...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!! gahGAHGAHGAHAGAH!!!!!!!! y...you don't mean it! you probably didn't even master it. it was probably TOO HARD for you!
Old 23rd August 2002, 15:54   #16
TeaEyeGrrGrrUrr

Ummm somehow i doubt it!

Ummm I don’t really believe there is such a piece of software!! What’s it supposed to be able to do… know the content of every book, journal, or paper ever written? From economics to medical ethics, from cookery to war? Someone’s having you on mate….

As for plagiarism being a serious act… and the university I went to one of my friends was, in his words, ‘ripped apart’ by a lecturer for allegedly copying large chunks of material from various books, a book in fact that the lecturer wrote himself… possibly not the brightest thing to do! He was threatened with failing his degree… and so is not something the universities take very lightly at all.

I know, I should have referenced that quote, but hey, don’t think anyone here is going to mark me down for not having a bibliography!

L8er! And er, good luck if you continue your search for your non existing holy grail!
Old 23rd August 2002, 18:54   #17
Trigear
bear!

Quote:
Originally posted by squell

no..NO...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!! gahGAHGAHGAHAGAH!!!!!!!! y...you don't mean it! you probably didn't even master it. it was probably TOO HARD for you!
you're right, i DIDN'T master it. but it's not because it was too hard. in fact i found it VERY easy. i just got tired of the hours and hours and hours of badly translated dialogue that square decided it *had* to put into it's first final fantasy game with actually voice acting. just because you can put actual conversations, doesn't mean you have to cram the game full of them. also, another factor in my deciding to stop playing is that my roommate had the ps2, and i was tired of asking him to play.

oh yeah, and i discovered gta3.

i still haven't beaten ffix but at least i like it :P (and i have liked almost all of the final fantasy games so far. ten just leaves a sour taste in my mouth because of the voice shit. oh yeah and the lack of a world map thingy. that was the best part of the game!)
Old 23rd August 2002, 18:59   #18
EazyCheeze

Send a message via ICQ to EazyCheeze
yeah, I don't really like the half-assed "Airship Travel Menu" that's offered at the end, either.

And I beat FF9; one of my favorite games. I love the theme Melodies of Life.
Old 6th July 2018, 07:59   #19
ranathomson

A high school will solely check for plagiarism if they need a replica of the paper you switch in. If they do not have a replica , plagiarism is wrong. take jack and daxter maybe, the assholes that created that game altogether plagiarized.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions