Old 3rd November 2012, 13:31   #1
Ronj

Windows 8 drag and drop

OK it worked in windows xp and 7. I made a shortcut to my music (windows 7 or XP) I clicked on the song I wanted and dragged and dropped to the playlist fine that worked.
Now I did the same thing in windows 8 I get a cirlce with a line through it saying I can't drag and drop it. If however I go to add files to playlist then that seems to be ok but I much rather do it the way I did in win 7. I can't even go to the folder (directory) select the music file drag and drop into the playlist I have to go to add file(s) any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance __Ronj
Ronj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 22:20   #2
Showcker

I'm having the same problem. I reinstalled it, but nothing changed.
Showcker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 08:25   #3
bauxite69

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.
Winamp 5.63 on new install Windows 8 Pro 64

Thank you
bauxite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 18:14   #4
Ronj

oh yeah

I can say add to playlist (from the directory) but it puts it at the bottom I don't want it at the bottom I want it where I put it in the playlist.
Old 25th February 2013, 11:12   #5
oztom

If you imported your Winamp settings from a previous a profile of a previous windows install, it may be worth to change permissions (replace inheritable permissions on winamp folder) in appdata\roaming\winamp. Though Winamp ran perfectly normal, dragging and dropping was out of the question, before that. Another symptom was a second instance of Winamp complaining about a corrupt database, when trying to add to Winamp by right clicking a title to open via Explorer under Windows 8.
oztom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 11:30   #6
Ronj

drag and drop

I didn't import anything how could I it's a fresh install. The problem remains you can't drag and drop, you can say add to playlist from a window or a folder that contains the music but that puts it at the bottom, I may not want it at the bottom if I have a playlist with 163 songs and want it in the 44th postion I don't want to have to drag it up from the bottom.
Old 10th March 2013, 12:49   #7
ForestElf

Windows 8 compatibility

I have installed and uninstalled this media player several times in the last week to try to get it to work correctly with windows 8 x64 and it just simply will not. It will play and do certain things, but it is not at all compatible with windows 8 and I find that rather odd when they have had a year to get this ready.

Many are having this problem, not just us and other issues as well, like shoutcast not working due to IE and windows 8 compatible issues. I fear they may have to remake the entire program as I am about ready to give up on it now.

I do not blame anyone, just the nature of the beast, but I been trying to get it to work right for weeks now and I find that tiring, why fight it when others work as well or better.

Just my opinion...I been using this program for years, it saddens me that now it will not work correctly in a new OS that has been out for months.....
ForestElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 13:00   #8
DrO

try the 5.7 beta...
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 09:33   #9
Ronj

did a search but can't find 5.7 beta
Old 18th March 2013, 10:12   #10
DrO

top thread in http://forums.winamp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8 at the time of posting.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 16:51   #11
Ronj

Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 17:08   #12
Ronj

I found the solution turn off run as admin and make compatible with windows 7 bingo! it works I can drag and drop now! I didn't up grade to 5.7 just did those adjustments and it works. Still using 5.63 ran from desktop in windows 8 haven't tried the winamp on the start screen yet.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
drag and drop, windows 8