Old 15th February 2005, 03:45   #1
eqdw

A strange bug

First, sorry admins/mods if this has already been posted. I'm lazy and don't want to look through the forum to see if it has.

Ok, I recently reinstalled WinAmp (Got a virus, reformatted, but forgot to back up my stuff) and so instead of using my old WinAmp 5.3 installer that I would have used had I backed up my stuff, I went to download the latest WinAmp (winamp 5.8d) and I've noticed a bug.

When I hut the x to close winamp, it doesn't terminate the winamp service (otherwords, it's still running.) Then, if I try to open up winamp again, it will start running multiple times according to the ctrl-alt-del service list (EVEN THOUGH I have it set to disallow multiple instances), AND none of them will appear. The only way to fix that is to ctrl-alt-del, end all the WinAmps running, and then restart winamp again. Someone want to take a look into this bug?

P.S. How come shoutcast doesn't work with NAT?
eqdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 04:28   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Sorry, but no-one can reproduce this problem.
And no, it's not been reported before.

Please read the following:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=161361#specs
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=66558

Please confirm a clean install of Winamp 5.08d with NO 3rd-party plugins.

If the problem persists, post a HijackThis log (see first link for details).

ps. post Shoutcast questions/issues in the Shoutcast forum.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2005, 19:29   #3
yassax

I have just seen this too. I am running Windows 2000 and just did a clean install. From a fresh reboot, playback is fine. As soon as I hit stop, then play again, nothing happens. I try to close winamp and the window goes away, but a quick look at task manager shows me that winamp.exe is still running. Explorer.exe freezes until I kill the process. At first I thought it was a problem with shoutcast streams, but it does it with the llama test mp3. Perhaps its an issue with my nforce2 sound drivers?
yassax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2005, 19:46   #4
yassax

***update***
Yes, it infact was my sound drivers. I downloaded the actual sound codecs off of nvidias website, updated the drivers thru device manager and problem is gone (so far). Eqdw, i suggest downloaded the latest drivers for your soundcard.
yassax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports