Old 12th February 2011, 22:52   #1
aharon

Send a message via AIM to aharon
Lightbulb Best ml_ipod-like ipod management on Linux?

I love the way ml_ipod supports all of these cool little-known features of the ipod, like getting the Album Year to show up in menus, and flexible cover art support for music tracks, movies, music videos, and tv shows. The whole lot. ml_ipod is great!

Alas, I'm moving over to Linux I think (care of Linux Mint Debian) and I'm wondering what is the best ipod manager to entrust my ipod with. Winamp+ml_ipod via WINE is not an option (because that just won't work), so I'm wondering what might be the project which best provides the same (or more!) features of ml_ipod, but on Linux.

I'm hesitant to experiment with my ipod just yet since it's current configuration has worked so well thanks to ml_ipod. But if you have good things to say about Banshee, Amarok, GTKPod, Ex Falso+Quod Libet, some other project that supports ipod management, please reply.

I don't think anyone has really written up a thread yet on Linux alternatives to ml_ipod, yet, and given the current end of development for ml_ipod, it's probably a good idea for folks in the know to document their knowledge.
aharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion

Tags
amarok, banshee, gtkpod, linux, open source