Old 10th August 2019, 11:31   #1
Chris Hunter

Shoutcast not detecting audio

I have been using Shoutcast v 2.3.2 for 2 years with no issues. I use it to connect to the radio station server to broadcast my show once a week for 2 hours. Shoutcast no longer detects my audio so it does not reach the airwaves. I can connect to the server but that's it.

My pc spec is:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB DDR4 RAM 2400mhz
Gigabite B450 AM4 motherboard
Asus GTX 1050 GPU
Soundblaster Audigy 5 rx
Windows boots on an M.2 drive

My OS is up to date. All drivers are up to date. The radio station still uses Shoutcast V2.3.2 with no problems. I use the headphone jack on my Soundblaster card to take sound into my Sennheiser mixing desk. This plugs into a stereo channel on the desk. I take another lead from Main out and plug that into Line in on the soundcard. All settings are configured and this is how it has worked for 2 years.

In between using the stream the last time with no problems to now, I have installed Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop. I also used Winamp to play a video which I have never done before. These are the only changes I have made.

I have uninstalled Winamp and Shoutcast and installed the latest version but this does not help. I have tried Shoutcast V2.3.3 and still no luck. Connecting to the server is not an issue, it simply does not detect the audio. Audacity and Adobe Audition have no problem recording the sound.
Chris Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2019, 14:18   #2
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

Maybe a win-mixer issue.... windows has two mixers: an output mixer (which selects output to headhpones ans speakers) and a record mixer (that selects output for winamp/audacity, etc)... check the settings carefully for both.... on the record mixer make sure that the line-in is selected to record, and not stereo-mix or whatever win10 calls it.

also, if your pc has an hdmi output, that the hdmi is not selected as the default audio device, which could occur if you connected the pc to a tv to play a video.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2019, 19:46   #3
Chris Hunter

Thank you very much sir! For some reason a virtual microphone was enabled as well as the Line In which I use. This obviously confused the software. It is now working as it was, again thank you.
Chris Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support