Old 13th December 2011, 22:15   #1
Reese Shady

plugin required

hya am a dj using winamp since sam boradcaster do not work for windows 8. id like to ask what plugin allows cross fade, with mic and stream output at the same time. so when i got to pref and swap plugins my streamer keep going. thanks.
Reese Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 22:26   #2
DrO

Windows 8 is not even a real product at the moment (the developer preview does not count) so if there are issues then you'd need to wait until it is properly released as a final product before trying to get things which work on it.

if SAM is not working for you, you should go to their forums to ask for support (though i believe they will give the same response as i've given above).

additionally the Source DSP for Winamp doesn't work properly with the functionality you're asking for on Vista or Windows 7 so it's not going to work on Windows 8 either. though it will not keep the stream going when you swap plug-ins (unless you're just referring to changing the input source for the stream).

and i've removed the other thread you created (should have waited for a moderator to move it instead of creating another one).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 22:43   #3
Reese Shady

thanks

Thanks for the remove of the other thread didn't no I posted in wrong section. yeah I know sum programs don't work in windows 8 as its not official spoke to Sam they say they not ready for 8 and will not support it till its officially released in 2012 they say revert back to window 7. As for winamp it works on 8 no problems it just don't have built in mic voice support or crossfade if ya mixing. hense ma ?.

but since u says its not avail then not to worry am sure i can live without Sam for half a year.
Reese Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 09:19   #4
jaromanda
Forum King

mixing mic and music ... doesn't thinktink - http://forums.shoutcast.com/member.php?u=290543 - have a dsp that does this - http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=319929

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 09:26   #5
DrO

it's only been tested on XP so is even more of an unknown on Windows 7 (let alone the OP's desire to run a non-production ready OS when DJing is implied as being very important).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
corssfade, mic, streaming live.