Old 29th October 2009, 13:26   #1
TheSaw

Send a message via Yahoo to TheSaw
Getting bookmarks / playlists

Hey, I would like to get the list of the media library bookmarks and playlists. I've found the bookmarks in the Winamp.bm file, and parsed it manually (easy), that kinda worked. The problem is getting the list of playlists... I've find them in the ml\playlists.xml file, but that would require a more serious parsing... which wouldn't be hard either, but the UTF-16 encoding just messes up everything. Is there some other way of accessing this info?

Winamp integration plug-in with Windows 7

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

TheSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 21:04   #2
TheSaw

Send a message via Yahoo to TheSaw
Okay, nvm, I've managed to parse the file somehow, so unless there is a better way to do it, I'll leave it like this.

Winamp integration plug-in with Windows 7

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

TheSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 21:44   #3
DrO

parsing playlists.xml is pretty much the only way i know off as well since i don't remember there being a direct api to do it since that file is just specific to the ml_playlists plugin so may change in the future (since it all used to be stored as a custom ini entry in gen_ml.ini before the media library was refactored into component plugins around 5.2x).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development