X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixy
    • Sep 2008

Originally Posted by Vitoko1998 View Post
    I thank you, and I managed to install and leave twittercast operating. The problem is that Twitter posts while you have only makes the url: http://dominio.com/twittercast/twitter.php
    When I close the web does not work.
    Please help.

(Spanish text translated to English)
    Hi Vitoko, you can setup a cron job to periodically update the script. If you have cpanel, that means you already have it but you must configure it to work with the script. Your host should be able to help. Just point it to the path where your twitter.php resides.

Comment

• mixy
      • Sep 2008

How did you get yours working cos mine has stopped working. Can you please tell me what you did differently while setting it up.

Comment

• Vitoko1998
        • Jan 2013

Ok thank you very much. I own Cpanel and see how I can solve it.
        'll Let you know.

Comment

• fallen9999
          • Feb 2013

EpiCurl.php on line 79

I got it to read the shoutcast but something is up with cURL

StatesvilleRadio - Is Now Playing - 'Stone Temple Pilots - Plush'#nowplaying - on #statesvilleradio - http://goo.gl/IUqAG

Comment

• JeGuina
            • Feb 2013

Hi! I'm having problems with the script. I accessed twittercast.php on my web browser and it's working... However, it can't seem to post the status update on twitter. Is the script still working?

Comment

• fallen9999
              • Feb 2013

same for me no post do you get a error with the info about the cURL line blah blah ?

StatesvilleRadio - Is Now Playing - 'Garth Brooks - Friends In Low Places'#nowplaying - on #statesvilleradio - http://goo.gl/IUqAG
              Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\web\twitter\EpiCurl.php on line 80

Originally Posted by JeGuina View Post
              Hi! I'm having problems with the script. I accessed twittercast.php on my web browser and it's working... However, it can't seem to post the status update on twitter. Is the script still working?

Comment

• JeGuina
                • Feb 2013

No. I don't get any cURL errors but I can see the output on my domain. It just doesn't post on twitter. I updated the script with proper settings on my twitter app but it just doesn't seem to post on twitter.

Originally Posted by fallen9999 View Post
                same for me no post do you get a error with the info about the cURL line blah blah ?

StatesvilleRadio - Is Now Playing - 'Garth Brooks - Friends In Low Places'#nowplaying - on #statesvilleradio - http://goo.gl/IUqAG
                Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\web\twitter\EpiCurl.php on line 80
                Last edited by JeGuina; 5 February 2013, 05:41.

Comment

• murderousone
                  • Feb 2012

No errors here still! So Script Is In Fact Still Working.

And Posting To Twitter With No Problems.

the error posted is execution error.
                  meaning because the script has timed out or the script is looping somehow.

if running your own server, u can increase the time limit from command as check if this works...

set_time_limit($seconds)

or by editing the php.ini

increasing the 30 sec timeout..

Also from the error, whats posted on line 80, in the EpiCurl.php file is your problem and error it says..

my line 80 looks like so:
                  $outerSleepInt = max(1, ($outerSleepInt*$this->sleepIncrement));
                  does your replicate the same?

Comment

• djavery
                    • Feb 2013

Ok. I've tried to follow along the best I could from scanning this thread but somehow I don't see any complete answers. Is there a comprehensive guide on setting this up? I am trying to get this working and when I pull up the url: http://edge.ampzradio.com/twittercast/twitter.php
                    all it shows is "- 0 Listeners". What am I doing wrong? My website is on Host Gator and I do believe it supports cUrl. I've edited everything I could see from previous posts but am still not having any luck. I would really like to get this working as the concept is something I am really interested in.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Avery

Comment

• murderousone
                      • Feb 2012

YOUR PROBLEM COULD DEF BE HOSTGATOR!

ASK HG SUPPORT, WHY YOUR CURL ISN'T WORKING.

Instructions: djavery
                      Instructions Are Detailed In 1st Post.

OK HERES WHAT I DID.

Created A Twitter App For Your Twittercast

Give The App, Read / Write Permissions.

Next Download The Required Twittercast Files (DOWNLOAD IN 1st POST Or MIRROR DOWNLOAD)

Edit TwitterAPI.php (Enter Info)

Edit Twittercast.php (Add Server Info)

Upload all files in the same web directory

Access twittercast.php using your browser.
                      m1uradio.com/twitter/twittercast.php

Mines is located above and when clicked shows songs playing and info immediately

Also displayes who's listening but not in actual post. But in Page Title.

Then I Setup My Cron Jobs.

I set up cron jobs, to hit it every 10 mins.
                      Or Less.!
                      Lesser Times In Mins, Can Cause More Load On The Server.
                      code:

*/10 * * * * wget -O /dev/null http://www.yourdomain.com/twittercast.php >> /dev/null 2>&1

Check your twitter for results.

My M1uradio Twitter #M1uRadio Still Working / Updating / Posting To Twitter...

Comment

• murderousone
                        • Feb 2012

Any one else here using HOSTGATOR as a Webhosting Provider?

If So, Are There Any Problems With CURL?

I Was A Previous Customer Of HOSTGATOR, And Was Having The Same Trouble With HostGator & CURL Not Working Properly Or @ All.

HG Did Fix My Issue With A Support Ticket Though,

So If This Script Doesn't Work With HG Or Your Current Hosting Provider.

Ask There Support Team.

Comment

• mixy
                          • Sep 2008

I am on hostgator, the script does not work with my hostgator. So i contacted them via live chat. We were on it for about 4 hours and they could not make it work. That was when they finally said i had to upgrade to a vps hosting account. (Sucks).
                          So, yes i am with hostgator and my script does not work, even after chatting with support.
                          What did they do for it to work for you murderousone?

Comment

• murderousone
                            • Feb 2012

i really have no clue on what they did to fix my issue with it.

def was something on there end and was told a firewall issue with the host server..

it did take a few request of me putting in support tickets..

and me denying to upgrade as a solution.. vps..

some of their restictions make using their servers a pain in the neck.

i finally ran into a tech, who said they would enable curl on my account.

after some back and fourth via chat,

He responded that it CURL was enabled

and that a firewall restriction was blocking / preventing the PHP script to open connection, since i was on a shared account.

and im guessing that's restrictions with some hosting company's.

I host my own websites now to avoid problems!

Comment

• mixy
                              • Sep 2008

Oh wow, thanks for the info.
                              They will be hearing from me soon. Lol

Comment

• mixy
                                • Sep 2008

HOSTGATOR UPDATE:

We were able to get it working by simply opening the port my shoutcast was streaming on.
                                I guess for security reasons, ports are not open by default.
                                So anyone else on Hostgator having problems with this should simply ask support to open their shoutcast port.

HAPPY TWEETCASTING!

Thanks murderousone for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X