Old 31st March 2011, 08:35   #1
Killzone_Kid

Shoutcast search API and JSON

..../legacy/Top500 is not available in JSON? Why? With other calls to API you seem to be able to choose what format you want the output in.
Killzone_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 10:55   #2
Killzone_Kid

Well. This API is buggy. I don't know if this is because of migration but this is what happens:

If I construct a request to the /advancesearch bit and indicate what format I want output in then request it several times in a row, the API often will give me wrong format. The formats are xml, rss and json. So even if I explicitly indicate which format I want it is not guaranteed the output will be in this format.

Question is what was wrong with the old API that actually work reliably and now is offline?
Old 31st March 2011, 12:10   #3
DrO

i can't answer your question as i've no idea why it's not working right (though could be related to the site migrations or some server being out of sync with things but that's just guessing).

all i know is that what's on http://dev.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast..._Directory_API is the api that is now available as that's the decisions made (i'd guess to keep accessing of the apis / information to those that are allowed instead of being open to everyone but that's just a guess).

if you're having issues then it's probably best to get in contact via the details provided via being in the partner programme. if there aren't provided (which i'd find surprising) then i'd otherwise suggest getting in contact directly with SC_Faisal as he's the main SC person.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 12:14   #4
Killzone_Kid

Yeah, Faisal is the best chance for support I have (still not sure if I'm a partner or not). I know he reads the forums so I guess we'll wait and see if he has something to say
Old 31st March 2011, 12:24   #5
DrO

you'd know if you are a partner as you'd have a dev key for usage with the newer apis (and if things are generally working then that would point to that being the case). and you're likely to get a faster reply by sending a pm.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 17:34   #6
SC_faisal
SHOUTcast (Alumni)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzone_Kid View Post
Well. This API is buggy. I don't know if this is because of migration but this is what happens:

If I construct a request to the /advancesearch bit and indicate what format I want output in then request it several times in a row, the API often will give me wrong format. The formats are xml, rss and json. So even if I explicitly indicate which format I want it is not guaranteed the output will be in this format.

Question is what was wrong with the old API that actually work reliably and now is offline?
Top500 is what we called the old legacy api and those apis dont support JSON at this time. Obviously they will soon as soon as we sort out some resources on our end.

As for the advanced search bug - yes thats a known bug thats been fixed soon... No ETA on the fix tho...

f.
SC_faisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support