Old 16th December 2003, 22:24   #401
DrO

@Stratyon: i know what you mean but that's the way the dialog list works and at the moment i'm not even attempting to override it/make it loaded by myself (one day maybe )

Quote:
Well, we just have to avoid to having too many options. There are already quite a lot of options in the preferences.
oops, increased that already with the new pages to allow more control over what can be seen on the dialog or with the playlist menu (basically a page for both).

i guess that's the way it is going to be. could add an advanced option to view the finer tweaking options (damn i some have good ideas at times )

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2003, 23:25   #402
EnwTheGood

Send a message via ICQ to EnwTheGood Send a message via AIM to EnwTheGood
Hey, this is an amazing plugin... just upgraded to .92a (I have know idea what version I had before), and I have a few gripes/issues/comments:

1. With the last version, when I pressed Enter on an item in the dialog, it would enqueue. Now, it jumps to that item, and I can't find any option to change that.
2. When you press Enter on an item, the JTFE dialog stays open, but when you double-click, the dialog closes. I think this behavior should be customizable, and I don't think it should be too hard to do (right, DrO?)
3. (a toughie i think) The Media Library has an enqueue feature too, but I noticed that it's completely separate from JTFE queues. Is there any chance of this being melded together? I'm kinda assuming that the Extended Playlists enqueue features will use the same queue as JTFE - if it didn't, you could have three queues floating around Winamp!

Just some thoughts - keep up the great work, DrO!
EnwTheGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2003, 23:28   #403
Mmusicman

An option to view options!! (maybe "advanced user" settings) lol...unbelievable!
Mmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2003, 23:50   #404
DrO

@Mmusicman: lol indeed!

@EnwTheGood: point 2: Leave dialog open when using 'added' buttons is what you are looking for

point 3: jtfe queuing is quite a bit more advanced than the ml mode (which just adds to the end of the playlist!). in the post v1.0 state i'll probably look at seeing if i can highjack the ml operation

point 1: that's a bit of a wierd one - the previous version you were using was heavily broken for that code and the handling of those events. just checked and you're right - i'll try and add it back in (should be matching the double-click default setting that)

-daz
Old 17th December 2003, 00:46   #405
danandre

Hey! Is it possible to make it so the search text input resets everytime you close the dialog?
danandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 02:20   #406
sanosuke
Major Dude

I don't know if this is supposed to be a feature or not but on the latest release of winamp5, the JTFE dialog box is skinned. Is there some way to unskin it? (or an option maybe?). may have missed such a reply some where in this thread

Big-assed signature deleted by errr.. whats his name again??
sanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 03:43   #407
sinistergfx

So far, just about every issue I've seen that people have with JTFE is configurable in the preferences.

So, before you ask a question: Look in "Options" > "Preferences" > "General Preferences" > "Jump to file Extra"
sinistergfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 04:46   #408
EdgeOfEpsilon

Send a message via ICQ to EdgeOfEpsilon Send a message via AIM to EdgeOfEpsilon
Jump to File Extra>Display

Uncheck "Skin 'Jump to File' using the current Winamp style"

Uncheck "Restore last search when opening the dialog"

Check the prefs people - that's what they're there for.
EdgeOfEpsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 07:30   #409
sanosuke
Major Dude

ahh much better..thanks..

Big-assed signature deleted by errr.. whats his name again??
sanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 12:22   #410
danandre

Thx sinistergfx and EdgeOfEpsilon for the info! :-)
danandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 17:57   #411
Scumm_Boy

how goes that shuffle issue with the plugin?
Scumm_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 18:14   #412
amano
Major Dude

Give DrO the time for doing it properly. He is working on that for just some time. He wants the shuffle handling to be as "Winamp like" (also with backwards and forth button) as possible.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 18:30   #413
DrO

couldn't have said it better amano

-daz
Old 17th December 2003, 20:37   #414
F|00pyD!sk

WOW!!

Just installed it.... The BEST plug in I ever used! This is just what Winamp5 needed :=)

GOOD JOB!
F|00pyD!sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 22:37   #415
Stratyon

Quote:
Originally posted by amano
But turning on shuffle makes them play randomly, without eny specific sorting. And using the enqueue option without shuffle on, doesn't make too much sense. Use "Move after current" for this case. Then U can see the enqueued songs in the PL (actually the whole rest of the PL is "enqueued")
But who said anything about shuffle? Of all the features in Winamp that is the one I use least of all. the way I listen to music makes the shuffle system completely useless because I'm simply unable to listen to one song from one album and then another song from another album at random simply because I know what song is really supposed to play next and so it irks me. And it irks me even more to not know. So what I mostly use the enqueue function for is to strategically jumps around in the playlist. Just moving individual songs would mess up the playlist again and I rather prefer using the enqueue function instead.
Most of the features I want are in the JTFE dialog except for the sorting, but it's not that bad if it's not possible to do. However I don't think it's the right way to go to throw away an idea just because it isn't directly useful to absolutely everyone, because if that was the case then there wouldn't be a JTFE plugin to begin with.

But since it would be unnecesarrily hard to implement it's better to just skip it.
Stratyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 22:55   #416
DrO

@F|00pyD!sk: welcome to the jtfe happy user group

Quote:
However I don't think it's the right way to go to throw away an idea just because it isn't directly useful to absolutely everyone, because if that was the case then there wouldn't be a JTFE plugin to begin with.
@Stratyon: eventually i'll look at altering the sort handling code of the dialog just not for the v1.0 release. i've made a note of this and will come back to it. and what you said is very true

-daz
Old 17th December 2003, 23:34   #417
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratyon
But who said anything about shuffle? Of all the features in Winamp that is the one I use least of all.
In my winamp, shuffle is almost always on. Who wants to listen to their music in the same order all the time?

People have differeing opinions.
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 23:39   #418
Stratyon

Quote:
Originally posted by badrad
People have differeing opinions.
Yes that was my point.
Stratyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 04:13   #419
GqSkrub
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to GqSkrub
this thread is big.

No sig here folks.
GqSkrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 04:16   #420
Furan

Add support for the other hotkey for jump to file - f3.
Thx.
-Ian
Furan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 08:31   #421
disabledvet

Tonight was my first night on this forum and obviously in this thread. I started at page one at about 11pm, and just finished at 3:10AM. It was like reading "The Hobbit", I couldn't stop reading. Never have I enjoyed a forum thread as much as I have this one. And never have I seen nor heard of a programmer doing so much to make a program better, and listening to others suggestions and comments and then implementing them.....It is unheard of. I have to take my hat off to you DrO for your unbelievable skills, your tireless efforts in bringing about this addin program, for your sheer tenacity at making it the best it possibly can be and your willingness to listen to others without batting an eye. You sir should be enshrined not only in the Winamp hall of fame but in the programmers hall of fame.
I don't know your background, where you are from, what you do for a living or anything but I know I would like you immediately if we were ever to meet in person.
I have not used your program yet, as I have just finished the thread and downloaded your latest version (of all of your addins, programs, whatever by the way) but I am so looking forward to it.
I have been a user off and on of Winamp since its inception and I have to say that with 5.0, I will not leave it again. As far as I am concerned it is the best version ever and despite what others may say, I like the new look and the ML. It has drawn me away from Musicmatch for good.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know, DrO that I thoroughly am glad I found this thread. You and all of the other posters here have made my entire night worth staying up for. And as soon as I try out the program hopefully I will have something worthy of reporting to you. This is long and winded and I apologize to all for that, but I just had to get it off my chest now having gone through the entire thread......Thank you all!

By the way, love all the avatars! Can someone tell me the size they are supposed to be.......or is that for another forum?
disabledvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 09:28   #422
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Well I'm certain that both DrO and the late J.R.R. Tolkien (wherever he may be - probably in Valinor with the Elves that departed Middle Earth) will appreciate all you've just said.

Re: Avatars - the maximum size of your custom image is 50 by 50 pixels or 20000 bytes (whichever is smaller).

Change avatar in My Control Panel > Edit Options

Happy Winamping!

/edit
I see in your profile that you are a Disabled Vet. So am I - US RA - 67th Signal Battalion, Forscom, HQ Company

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2003, 20:58   #423
DrO

@disabledvet: welcome to the thread and thanks for the appreciation (makes it all worthwhile seeing other people get enjoyment from what i do).

@Furan: f3 does work (tested under 2.91 and Winamp 5 - most betas and rc versions)

@GqSkrub: i know what you mean

-daz
Old 19th December 2003, 02:38   #424
disabledvet

@Nunzio: Thanks! I was with the 101st Airborne Div, 265thRR Co., Bien Hoa and a whole bunch of not so fun firebases! Nice to see another Vet.

@DrO: Thanks as well. I tried your new program for a limited amount of time early this morning and decided I needed to reread some of the earlier posts. While I did get it to work with one song, any time I tried more than one I couldn't get it to work and it crashed on me a few times. Probably me just not understanding the program that well. I hope in your v.1.0 that you will put in a help file for us nincompoops! Maybe after rereading some of the earlier posts I will get a grip on it.
I like the premise though and will likely use it a lot. I have over 8000 mp3's so need something like that. Maybe the problem was I had all of them loaded into the playlist at the same time??? Anyway, will keep trying until I get the hang of it. Been some time since I used Winamp, so that may be part of the problem. Anyway, keep up the great work and keep us all posted on how it is going.

By the way, using WinXP, 2.4ghz, 768mb ram
disabledvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 04:35   #425
Mmusicman

@disabledvet: Welcome to the thread, and welcome back to winamp. I can't imagine reading this entire thread from the beginning, since most of us have been "living" this thread for a couple months now.

Your comments are well spoken and obviously appreciated, and shared by many...
Old 20th December 2003, 12:29   #426
DrO

v0.92f released

hi people

here's a little bug fix version from v0.92a (came a bit sooner than planned but will explain later)[list=1][*]rewritten the prefs page code (should be fine on WinME, etc now)[*]fixed a crash when using othe 'j' shortcuts[*]updateed prefs pages to Winamp 5 sizes (may back port to smaller ones though)[*]altered a few of the default options with a new install[*]selection set on text for the restore search option[*]added clear queue list menu option on the jtf view list (ctrl+click one)[*]fixed a few update issues[*]focus is set back to playlist when using 'q' (just found that modern skins ain't fixed )[/list=1]
more fixes/updates will be coming over the next few days/week or two. main one is fixing a few internal queuing isses from the playlist at the moment.

download v0.92f

please report any *new* issues especially if the prefs code is working correctly now (hope it is).

laters
-daz
Old 20th December 2003, 14:05   #427
Dextro

The "hitting close button when window is skinned crash" bug is still not gone is it?

EDIT: My specs: Win98, WA 5.0, PII 350MHz, 160mb RAM, NVidea RIVA TNT2 model 64, Soundblaster Live! Value

Last edited by Dextro; 20th December 2003 at 16:49.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 15:15   #428
Mmusicman

JTFE v0.92f...nice Christmas present!

Thanks Dro!
Old 20th December 2003, 15:37   #429
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
Skinned Window Crash

I run WinME and experience a similar error to Dextro. An error in kernel32.dll and winamp.exe occurs when I close a JTFE skinned box. The preferences are fixed now too, by the way DrO. Thanks for that, and an otherwise excellent plugin!
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 15:56   #430
Mmusicman

@DrO: More (humble ) suggestions for your now infamous JTFE plugin:

1) Ability to find and "delete selection" from playlist (repeat request)

2) Ability to "expose or delete dead files". (I use 'Wincue' to do this now, but it also removes all previous played songs too which doesn't work for my application) Is there currently another plugin available, anyone?

3) Ability to "delete or remove duplicates" from playlist!

The JTFE plugin already does more than I had ever hoped for, and I realize these requests may stray too far from JTFE's original intent and main purpose. There are probably already good plugins that do my requests, but it would be nice to have it all in one if possible! (more options for "advanced user options"!)

Thanks again, DrO!
Old 20th December 2003, 16:09   #431
Dextro

Mmusicman, I think that the standart Winamp Media Library already dows those things, browse throught it a little

EDIT: ooops, forgot to say I was talking about the 2nd and 3rd sugestions

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 16:10   #432
Dipso

1) DrO has mentioned that he will include a function that selects a file without playing it, that would make it easy to do this manualy.

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Dipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 16:38   #433
WanderingKnight

Re: Skinned Window Crash

Quote:
Originally posted by jmatthews112
I run WinME and experience a similar error to Dextro. An error in kernel32.dll and winamp.exe occurs when I close a JTFE skinned box. The preferences are fixed now too, by the way DrO.
Hate to post a "Me too" but the WinME/skinned box error is there on mine too. (WinME, Winamp 5.01, PIII 866 with 128 MB of memory)
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 17:14   #434
lunarboy1
Forum King

i get the on close error too

Thanks for fixing the winME prefs issue though. Is there any way for a possible tabbing system like your prefs page has for all the different types of enqueing, since it seems like the time enqueing will be added shortly?

One tab for the search list, one for te enque list and one for the time stuff.

I just think it'd be pretty cool like that. The right click changing from search to enque list is a little awkward.

Excellent job.
lunarboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 17:20   #435
mark e
Major Dude

Still crashes when exit from dialog - and when it's skinned! Win98!
mark e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 17:29   #436
Dipso

The Positioning problems when going from normal to windowshaded with the playlist have gotten better but.

The content now stays in the window but are relocated upon focusing on the jtf window.

You probably know this allready, but i thought i'd report it.

It occurs with skinned jtf and modern skin.

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Dipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2003, 10:56   #437
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally posted by lunarboy1
Is there any way for a possible tabbing system like your prefs page has for all the different types of enqueing, since it seems like the time enqueing will be added shortly?

One tab for the search list, one for te enque list and one for the time stuff.

I just think it'd be pretty cool like that. The right click changing from search to enque list is a little awkward.
Yes, I was thinking of this too... Could different pages be put there? So, the "Manage Enqueue" could be put there in Page 2 and an up/down arrow mould move the song about and an X would remove it from the list.

Also, the Timed feature is kewl and I presume could be used as an alarm of sort. That being the case, it would be nice if the "Repeat Every Day" could be changed to "Repeat Every Monday", Repeat Every Tuesday and so on...

One question too... Is the List of Enqueued files being saved for anyone or is it just me unable to get it saved on exit?

Cheers
Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2003, 12:10   #438
Willson

great plugIn, just bigger an better than I expected!!

some some litte issuses that should be worked on to get the "godlike-jtf-plugIn" *g*

1) Why is the playlist-management put in the options window? would be great if it would be available in jtf-window

2) Why are the up- and down buttons still disabled, although I have more that 2 items in enqeue list? is the feature still coming, is it a bug or what am I doing wrong?

so, all in all, nice plugIn, keep coding

... and sorry for my bad english!!
Willson
Willson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2003, 13:21   #439
DrO

@Dextro (and all other Win98 users): i'm looking in to that in a few minutes (from when i've posted )

@Dipso: i'd almost forgot about that option (soo much to keep track off )

yeah i know about the skin thing, tried that striaght off with 5.0 and 5.01 - really not sure why it happens though

@lunarboy1: not sure how i'm going to do that. yeah it's a bit clumsy at the moment

@Paparazzi: the queuelist is not being saved but i was considering a restore mode for it...

the bits on the timed queue page were put in when i was trying to figure out what to do for the options. still to decide on it so you never know - evenually i want it as flexible as possible without being hard to use

@Willson:
(1) it is (partialy) - just ctrl+click to view the list (more options will be added to the view soon i think)

(2) that option is still being worked on. have a few issues that need to be resolved before the swapping will be working correctly

Quote:
great plugIn, just bigger an better than I expected!!
considering this only started as a proof of concept you're not the only one

off to bug fix now

-daz
Old 21st December 2003, 14:37   #440
auhsor

Hmm, I don't know if this bug has been mentioned before (long thread you know, i don't have time to read it all at the moment). But it happens when you change colour themes on the classic skin. You have the JTFE window open and then go to the next theme. Some themes work and some don't. ie, it stays open for some, but closes for some. If you then open the playlist window it opens the playlist and the JTFE window but the JTFE window doesn't have the outer bit skinned. It's kinda strange. Maybe its just my system.

Oh and also it would be cool if you could display the list as the tag info, cos I name my music files with the numbers also, eg. 02 - Jeff Buckley - Everybody Here Wants You.ogg, and then it sorts alphabetically, and its all a bit messed up.

Anyways, great work on this awesome plugin. I'm looking foreward to the v1.0 release, and I am also looking foreward to the extended playlist plugin, but one thing at a time hey.
auhsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion