Old 3rd April 2021, 13:25   #1
Kemo
Member
 
Kemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
ShoutCast still not working?

Okay. I know that SC has been doing maintenance on the service, but does anyone have a ballpark idea of how long the service is going to be down?

I have tried to contact them again....with no replies. I think it's absolute bullsh!t that I pay for a service that isn't available when I need it to be. Especially the "help desk".

I'm going into week #2 with no radio stream. I'm losing listeners and supporters. Went to the Shoutcast directory page and started clicking on random radio links and they all worked. Is this something only affecting people streaming from the US?

Any help will be appreciated.
Kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 13:40   #2
MadJack
Member
 
MadJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 63
Same here. Links still work, however I have noticed a sizable drop in listeners when not on the YP.

Event Horizon Radio - It's radio for your head.
MadJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 14:58   #3
Kemo
Member
 
Kemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJack View Post
Same here. Links still work, however I have noticed a sizable drop in listeners when not on the YP.
I'm getting 504 Gateway Timeout messages now when testing out my stream. That's different that I got before.

Is your radio stream working?
Kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 15:00   #4
cmarcucci
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 57
It is FUBAR here in the US.....
cmarcucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 15:02   #5
Kemo
Member
 
Kemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarcucci View Post
It is FUBAR here in the US.....
Well. At least I'm not the only one having problems. Thank you for replying. I've done everything to try to get my show on the air for tonight, but nothing works.
Kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 16:53   #6
Nosti
Moderator
 
Nosti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
Well. At least I'm not the only one having problems. Thank you for replying. I've done everything to try to get my show on the air for tonight, but nothing works.
Do you use a schedule for your radio?
Nosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:29   #7
Kemo
Member
 
Kemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosti View Post
Do you use a schedule for your radio?
No. I have no need for it.
Kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2021, 01:23   #8
Kemo
Member
 
Kemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
I'm about to switch services. I found another host site that I'm broadcasting on tonight and it's half the price than SC.
Kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2021, 05:15   #9
bobjr94
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5
I have been getting a 503 error for a week now, about since the day ST said they were doing maintenance. Seems the broke it and left it that way.

-- Directory maintenance notification: 503
Listeners will be allowed though the stream will not be listed in the Directory. --
bobjr94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2021, 14:20   #10
Kemo
Member
 
Kemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjr94 View Post
I have been getting a 503 error for a week now, about since the day ST said they were doing maintenance. Seems the broke it and left it that way.

-- Directory maintenance notification: 503
Listeners will be allowed though the stream will not be listed in the Directory. --
I got that 503 message for a few hours yesterday, but it went back to the famous "The file you requested could not be found"

The service has been down for 2 weeks and they're charging me monthly. I already know they're not going to refund me, so I think I'm going to have to take my losses and go.
Kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2021, 15:44   #11
cmarcucci
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 57
My station, the indie blend, is now working perfectly, thanks!
cmarcucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2021, 03:19   #12
MadJack
Member
 
MadJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 63
No links work. No yp listing. Been like this for days.

Event Horizon Radio - It's radio for your head.
MadJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2021, 17:58   #13
JapanimradioFm
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 73
Dear broadcaster,

Please note that Monday April 12 during the day, the Shoutcast services will undergo scheduled maintenance to improve our infrastructure as a whole and fix other service bugs.

This maintenance allows our teams to finalize our work towards a new infrastructure where we will be able to improve the stream stability and offer more bug fixing and future improvements over time.

What to expect during the maintenance period:
Your station's stream will be interrupted for 1 to 5 minutes during maintenance.

You should be able to enjoy a better and stronger Shoutcast experience the moment the maintenance is over.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
JapanimradioFm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2021, 04:28   #14
Kemo
Member
 
Kemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanimradioFm View Post
Dear broadcaster,

Please note that Monday April 12 during the day, the Shoutcast services will undergo scheduled maintenance to improve our infrastructure as a whole and fix other service bugs.

This maintenance allows our teams to finalize our work towards a new infrastructure where we will be able to improve the stream stability and offer more bug fixing and future improvements over time.

What to expect during the maintenance period:
Your station's stream will be interrupted for 1 to 5 minutes during maintenance.

You should be able to enjoy a better and stronger Shoutcast experience the moment the maintenance is over.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yes. I received the same email. The service was supposed to be down temporarily, but was down for weeks.
Kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump