Old 30th July 2004, 03:08   #1
Larry Freeman

Send a message via AIM to Larry Freeman
VespaCious Hosting

I would like to know if anyone has or is using VespaCious for server hosting. For some reason, I am having problems with this hosting service getting my ShoutCast server up and running.
Larry Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2004, 03:40   #2
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Who?

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2004, 04:43   #3
John_Shumate

Send a message via AIM to John_Shumate
I know these guys. Protege Chris is using these guys, but now he's moving to contiga because he doesn't have a very good connection to them.

They are stationed in Belgium.

I'm about to try them out and I'll see if I have any problems with them

Sincerely,

John Shumate - Owner of High Tech Entertainment
John_Shumate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2004, 05:23   #4
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Being in belgium might be part of the issue. The ping replies overseas regularly run into the 100 - 300 ms range unless you have one hell of a connection when trying to push data half way around the planet.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2004, 13:22   #5
protegechris
Forum Queen

Well their ping from them to me is 80, from me to them is between 500-2000. My ping to everywhere is from 200-1700 though.

Anyways I'm about to use another host located in the US since my ISP obviously has a weak connection.

They have great customer service, I just wish I could stay with them, but I can't afford to switch ISP's yet.

yeah, i'm back.
protegechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2004, 00:07   #6
protegechris
Forum Queen

Now all of a sudden they say their servers are in USA, and yes, while using neotrace, it traces to somewhere around new york.

Their latest post on my forums:
http://www.unsigned-online.com/forum...opic.php?t=349

Needless to say I'm baffled as to why they wouldn't ever tell me this before now, after me talking about how I wish they were in the US and such.

All I know is I never had these problems with Crucial Servers. It's a shame they couldn't even handle 20 listeners

My experience with Vespacious was a good one, now I can't decide If I would recommend them or not.

I would go with egihosting.com or streamguys.com, or wavestreaming.com since I know him.

yeah, i'm back.
Old 10th August 2004, 18:08   #7
protegechris
Forum Queen

Sorry for triple post, buthere's my new opinion.

Do not under any circumstances take any services from these guys.

They cut my servers off with less than 2 hours notice, while I was SLEEPING. Not only that, but they have been quite unprofessional, and I no longer wish to be affiliated with them. If you buy from them, when it sucks, don't blame me.

yeah, i'm back.
Old 10th August 2004, 18:50   #8
Death Reaper
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Death Reaper Send a message via Yahoo to Death Reaper
Ouch chris, well, I hope you find some good hosting soon. I have a really good 'host' its a friend of mine who runs the server, though you'd probably think it's too good to be true :/

Shoot me a PM if you want to know anyway.

Regards,

Death Reaper
Death Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2004, 19:12   #9
protegechris
Forum Queen

Deathreaper, let me guess... DEMSANG. Has a "killer oc12 connection" just going to waste, right? And another guess, it's 10 bucks a month for 500 slots at any bitrate as well?

I'm guessing you missed this thread:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=189191

I wouldn't trust demsang.. I've already used his servers for a few hours, even that sucked.

yeah, i'm back.
Old 10th August 2004, 19:50   #10
Death Reaper
Major Dude

Yea..I did miss that thread...I'm gonna smack myself right on the head for missing that... I see you even managed a friendly bash on me in there :/

Well, I have an account with him, and though I haven't really had any listeners (just testing the station and stuff) It's been up and pretty good as far as I see it.

I can honestly say, that while it does seem suspicious to me, I have not seen anything wrong besides his website going down. He seems to be doing an ok job from my point of view, but I can honestly say, I probably have not seen a lot of the complaints out there, Chris, if you can PM me any more links, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

Death Reaper
Old 10th August 2004, 20:08   #11
protegechris
Forum Queen

Well if you look at the post megarock made that explains a lot.

He simply is overselling. That way lets say he sells to a station that fills up 500 slots at 128k. You're station will be f'ed because of a mistake he made in over selling his line.

I didn't mean to bash you, but you pimp him a lot, and I'm sure he gets quite a few signups, but he can't possibly handle all the business he gets.

Him having thousands of slots on oc12 is like me having hundreds of slots on my 100k upload. My host I'm meeting with today is on multiple oc192 ( i believe), so I know they have no problem with bandwidth. It's a very representable and reliable company, and I'm sure you'll see me pimping it in the next week or so if I can work this deal out.

No offense to you about what I said, I just wouldn't advertise that. He cannot handle all that traffic, and as I said in the other thread, that's false advertising.

yeah, i'm back.
Old 10th August 2004, 21:04   #12
Death Reaper
Major Dude

Yea, guess it is, he probably could handle it if he brought the slots down, that way he doesn't end up going over what he can handle, and he doesn't get the people who doubt him and etc...just the way you sell your business I guess..

Anyway, what host is this? I guess I'll check em out myself

Regards,

Death Reaper
Old 10th August 2004, 21:08   #13
protegechris
Forum Queen

http://www.sgwebhosting.com/

I don't know if they publicly offer shoutcast hosting or not, if you email them they may. I'll be promoting more for their webhosting. Do tell them I sent you, they should be able to make you a deal if they'll host shoutcast.

I'll PM you after the meeting and let you know how it went, then either you can email them or I'll do it

yeah, i'm back.
Old 10th August 2004, 21:36   #14
Death Reaper
Major Dude

Alright, if the price is good I'll probably be interested

Edit: Stargate Hosting? I'm liking em already ^^

Edit again: I look but they really don't show the bandwidth they offer on their hosting plans...that's a major heads up for me...:/

Regards,

Death Reaper
Old 15th August 2004, 00:27   #15
Vespacious

Send a message via AIM to Vespacious
Hi all,

Here some information about our test project "shoutcast"

Vespacious started offering shoutcast servers about a month ago at extremely cheap prices to try some things out (at 1/3 of the normal price).
Unfortunally some things went wrong :

We had a 100 mbits line, but because we used to much traffic (10TB , ok it's a lot , but unmetered is unmetered), they decided to cap us on 10 mbits , and they informed us about 4 min's before we told Chris that we had to take down his server.

Here you can see our server's mrtg stat's so you can see we are not telling lie's to you :
http://66.90.80.66/mrtg/

Also about the overselling :

We NEVER ever overselled our server , the server had a 100 mbits line and we only used 55 mbits of it (at most) you can also see that in the Mrtg graphs.

The capping was not the only problem , that silly datacentre also had loads of ddos attacks and other network problems, like a broken router etc etc.
(so loads of downtime) and then they told us they had no uptime guarantee or speed guarantee! When we bought the server they told us we would get at least 99.9% up , but unfortunally me made a big mistake here and did not ask a contract! (very big mistake).

What happened now? :

Because of the bandwidth cap we had to cancel some sponsorings (we did not plan to do this , but like I said they did not inform us about the capping at all!).

What for paying clients?

Clients like Larry Freeman will receive a mail from me informing him and others that they will be placed on our HIGH end shoutcast servers , with 99.99 % uptime guarantee and offcourse no bufferings . These new servers will be located in the Netherlands (a country that is known for it's good connections all over the world).

Also all paying clients will receive 1 MONTH free because of all these problems. We really hate problems and we also want good working services.. (like our webhosting).

When the new servers are here , I will post again and ask some people to try out our services (offcourse for free).
So we can be sure everything works fine then.

Sincerley yours,
Stijn V.
VespaCious Management.
Vespacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2004, 00:38   #16
protegechris
Forum Queen

I do want to praise vespacious for hosting me when I needed a host, I would have quit without them, and I hope we can still do business in the future.

yeah, i'm back.
Old 23rd August 2004, 18:45   #17
Vespacious

At this moment we do NOT accept new shoutcast orders because of the problems with our old network , and the new one is not 100 % working yet. When everything works again , we will need some testers .
Old 23rd August 2004, 19:00   #18
protegechris
Forum Queen

Yes, but getting them from here would be considered advertising, and is not allowed

I may have some use if you needed a tester, if you ever planned to do ondemand, I have been looking to offer music of featured artists on demand.

I've got 125 paid slots right now, so I really don't need any more. You're more than welcome topost in my forums when need be, I'm sure someone there would be interested in testing for you.

yeah, i'm back.
Old 23rd August 2004, 19:05   #19
Vespacious

Quote:
Originally posted by protegechris
Yes, but getting them from here would be considered advertising, and is not allowed

I may have some use if you needed a tester, if you ever planned to do ondemand, I have been looking to offer music of featured artists on demand.

I've got 125 paid slots right now, so I really don't need any more. You're more than welcome topost in my forums when need be, I'm sure someone there would be interested in testing for you.
Thank you chris,

Today we had some issue's with a client (larry) and that's why we decided to quit shoutcast for a while until it works like it should be working and concentrate us on webhosting and dedicated servers.
Old 23rd August 2004, 19:08   #20
protegechris
Forum Queen

Do concentrate on webhosting, and dedicated.
You will be better off in the longrun, far less problems

yeah, i'm back.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions