Old 9th December 2004, 08:21   #1
FrankL

Auto-Hide/Appear

I was wondering if anybody knew about a plugin for winamp that would cause it to pop out of the corner every time you moved your mouse to a specified corner and then disappear whenever you moved your mouse away.

Did that make sense? Basically what I'm wanting is an autohide function just like the auto-hide taskbar feature in windows.
FrankL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2004, 08:55   #2
Spazz333
Major Dude

Already does.

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2004, 09:02   #3
FrankL

I didn't know about that, but it seems to be grayed out and disabled for me. Does it only work for winamp classic skins?
Old 9th December 2004, 09:04   #4
Spazz333
Major Dude

It's built into the modern winamp skin. I dunno why it would be grayed out.

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2004, 11:06   #5
MasterViVi

You must have it docked.
MasterViVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2004, 19:41   #6
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
here's some information on how to use winshade docking
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2004, 08:35   #7
FrankL

I still don't get it, the only skin I can get the auto-hide feature to appear in is when I have the Modern skin in shade mode. Where can I find more information about this? I also couldn't find anything that would allow the auto-hide function in the XML code of the modern skin.
Old 10th December 2004, 08:51   #8
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

It's a scripted feature built into the winamp5 modern skin, there are a couple of other skins that do it as well, their names escape me at the minute.

Basically it's not a default feature for all skins , it has to be built in by the coder, the reason you can't find it in the xml is because it's not there, it's hard coded into the .maki script files that form the core functionallity of the modern skin.

As it stands the current wa5 modern skin dosn't ship with the source files included, but if you want to download a version that does, check here.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=184047

That should contain a version with all the script file sources intact, you could try and work out what it's doing and how it does it from there, be advised though, the WA5 modern skin is not an easy beastie to look at if you are a beginner, it has a lot of complex code holding it alltogether, if it was me wanting to know how something works, that wouldn't be the place I'd start.

However, your best bet would be to look in the modern skins forums where people have more experience of making skins/scripts/functions yada yada yada
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2004, 10:29   #9
electricmime
Major Dude

you can also use

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=78551

though, im not sure how it good it works because i have never used it(does it even work on modern skins?)

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2004, 17:11   #10
Rellik
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
Basically it's not a default feature for all skins , it has to be built in by the coder, the reason you can't find it in the xml is because it's not there, it's hard coded into the .maki script files that form the core functionallity of the modern skin.
Actually, adding docking capabilility isn't a MAKI feature, I know you can program MAKI to do autohide, (seen on the MMD3 for WA5 hack) but I was able to add docking support to the Winamp3 skin by editing the XML
code:
<!-- player-shade.xml creates the layout
of the Winamp Player Window while in Window Shade. -->

<include file="player-shade-group.xml" />

<layout id="shade" background="player.winshade.bg" minimum_w="275" maximum_w="585"
linkwidth="normal" dblClickAtion="SWITCH;normal" droptarget="pldr" appbar="top|bottom">
<group id="player.shade"
x="0" y="0"
w="0" h="0"
relatw="1" relath="1"/>
</layout>

the most important part is the appbar="left|right|top|bottom" setting. The skin does however need to be stretchable for it to be any good.

I have modified other skins shade modes only to find out that 1. drawers extend the height of the docked bar, but you can still use autohide. 2. last I checked, skins with alpha transparancy really screw up when you try to dock them.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2004, 01:31   #11
toejam07

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
It's a scripted feature built into the winamp5 modern skin, there are a couple of other skins that do it as well, their names escape me at the minute.
Of the skins I have installed, the following also offer a docked toolbar mode:

Multipass (my personal favorite)

Ashen Player

D-Reliction

Wasabi Player (playlist editor only)

This is certainly non-exhaustive, especially since I only download skins from winamp.com and only after determining that it will be worth my time from the review/screenshot.
Old 12th December 2004, 05:17   #12
FrankL

Ok, thanks everybody, I think I have figured most of this out. The only problem I'm now having is that I can't get winamp to auto-hide when I have not docked checked. I swear that auto-hide used to work like this in winamp modern but now it doesn't work and I haven't changed anything. It only works if it is docked to the top, right, left or bottom.

Also I don't know how to tell winamp to extend my skin in certain spots instead of stretching the whole thing while it is docked to a side of the sceen like the top.

Could you tell me how to do this?
Old 12th December 2004, 05:31   #13
FrankL

also, is there a way to remove the animation of the auto-hide?

I think that the auto-hide function worked while it was Not Docked (but was on the edge of the screen) with a previous version of winamp5, but not 5.07
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion