Old 2nd October 2009, 20:20   #1
Seriyu

Winamp Equalizer stops responding on startup

Okay, I've been using winamp for quite some time with no problems, and I've just hit my first one. That being, whenever I try to start winamp, the equalizer shows up, and stops responding. I've tried uninstalling, (I had to delete the entire folder, actually, even after uninstalling it via the control panel, because a particular .dll couldn't be overwritten, I believe.) and this didn't work. It still stops responding upon startup. That's about all I have to say about it.

Edit: Forgot to say, I'm running vista.

Edit: Forgot again, some information I failed to input.

List of Plugins: I can't generate this, because I can't open winamp. It's a default installation however, with no plugins installed that it didn't come with.

PC or Motherboard: Not sure how to get this information. It's a dell inspirion 530, if that's what you mean by PC model.

CPU & Ram: CPU, again, not sure. RAM is 2036 MB.

Soundcard: Onboard soundcard, DXdiag just gives me a jumble of letters, presumably a folder name. It's ran fine until today though, so I doubt this would be part of the problem.

Video card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express chipset family

OS: Vista, as said before. It's up to date, so if there's been any service packs released, we have them.

DirectX version: 10

Winamp version: 5.56, most recent one.

Winamp type: Full. Winamp is great but I don't have money to be spending on it I'm afraid.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edit3: Annnnd it works after I restarted the computer. Thanks anyway, everybody.

Last edited by Seriyu; 2nd October 2009 at 22:58.
Seriyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support