Old 8th March 2001, 02:51   #1
smithkt

Is there a way to organize my bookmarks into folders?
I have already successfully edited 'winamp.bm' to easily organize and rename bookmarks in one step.
If this is not possible you should deffinitely consider it in subsequent versions.
Thanks in advance.
smithkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2001, 03:05   #2
indawinamp

I agree

Need folders and subfolders creation as part of:
Bookmarks/Add function.

.... at least as part of the Bookmark/edit function.

While your at it, make it editable in html like netscape and MSIE.

Mahalo-
indawinamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2001, 11:12   #3
G-Byte

Send a message via ICQ to G-Byte
Well, I've read a bunch of posts and this is my first comment. I did a search for bookmarks and this topic is exactly what I'm looking for. I can probably put it a few hundred bookmarks but then the Bookmark list is something that I would not even want to view let alone organize.

I read a thread about editing the .bm file to place directories into it but I'll have to look for it again.

Being able to "Folderize" Bookmarks has probably come up in many, many, etc, posts and I know that I'm just adding to the list.

What would work great for me is the ability to "Folderize" say Bookmarks that I have on CDR's with a header/folder name of OffLine with reference to each disc's name, separate drives, etc. Or something like that. As a WA Newbie I'm just starting to "play" with the program.

I will learn the way I did when I first built a computer from pieces. Learning is easy, remembering what I learnt is the hard part.

Thanks for this opportunity to make my first comment

G-Byte
G-Byte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 17:10   #4
n0ukf

Send a message via ICQ to n0ukf Send a message via AIM to n0ukf Send a message via Yahoo to n0ukf
I'm surprised that search only showed me two threads with bookmarks and subfolders... though maybe I should have just used folders, not subfolders.

I also want to organize my bookmarks into folders, like Rock, Jazz, Classical, News/talk, etc.
n0ukf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 17:27   #5
DrO

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/mlbkmk.html

and as a note, posting in a thread almost 10 years old isn't the general thing to do.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 19:33   #6
RADicaLMMS

If a feature has been missing for so long, people might be inclined to do that.

daz, your plug-in is excellent any chance we'll something to organize podcast subscriptions as well? Mine are getting out of hand :-(
RADicaLMMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 20:10   #7
DrO

anything else is unlikely to come from me - i had considered doing a playlist version though the podcast plug-in just doesn't lend itself to such a feature without being natively implemented in the podcast plug-in.

-daz
Old 21st February 2011, 20:15   #8
RADicaLMMS

I suppose dumping the very limited native podcast plug-in and using a better third party plug-instead would be a possible solution?
Old 21st February 2011, 20:18   #9
DrO

there's nothing stopping someone making a new podcast plug-in though people making Winamp plug-ins is very thin on the ground and most seem to be about logging / getting the currently playing information instead of doing some interesting.

and the native plug-in isn't that bad, though really for a complete solution a dedicated app would be the better option than using what is basically a simplified solution as the plug-in offers which for just downloading things does what it needs (at least i'm happy with it, heh).

-daz
Old 21st February 2011, 20:37   #10
RADicaLMMS

Third party dev side is pretty bland, you're certainly right about that.

Actually I just need folders/sub-folders/tagging/sub-tags. Apart from that I'm also okay with its current functionality, only difference is I always directly stream and never download any podcast in advance.

Some kind of Winamp sync (like Opera Link) would also be helpful to sync Winamps between different computers. Sadly all these years of using Winamp (since '98) and I still feel Nullsoft doesn't really listen anymore. Not that I'm complaining or anything
Old 27th February 2011, 00:40   #11
errtu

i agree man, it really really needs bookmarks syncing. is really really does. winamp is getting behind times. i mean c'mon!
errtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support