Old 30th January 2011, 04:40   #1
Aperture

Missing MLFind

I used to use MLFind ( http://www.winamp.com/plugin/mlfind/139376 ) all the time but after the latest Winamp update it doesn't seem to work.
I've tried to re-install it and I still can't find it in the plugins.

Anyone know how to make it work?
It was so great to be able to r-click and select, Find: Artist, Album, Song, File.

If this doesn't work with the latest Winamp is there another plugin that does the same thing?

Thanks

A
Aperture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 00:44   #2
Aperture

Anyone have an idea?
Aperture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 08:14   #3
DrO

the lack of replies is the answer. the plug-in is broken and without it being fixed by the author (no trace off for a few years now) or being re-made by someone else (lack of plug-in developers will hinde that) then there's no way to get a working solution with it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 07:20   #4
Skurvy_Pirate

This is the #1 thing that Winamp is missing! A way to jump to the song/artist/album in the media library for the current playing song (or any song really).

I thought I had finally found the solution, installed, then it didn't work . Somebody needs to make another plugin that works!
Skurvy_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 16:27   #5
osmosis
Major Dude

Oddly enough, it still works in 32-bit Windows 7, and I'm told possibly XP 32 & 64.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 20:31   #6
Skurvy_Pirate

Ah. I am using Win 7 64 bit. Maybe that is the reason. I wish this was an integrated feature into Winamp by default. I have another post about it. I think clicking the song/artist/album in the now playing window in the top middle should link to the song/artist/album in the Media Library. Instead it does a search which there are already buttons for on the right (which I never use either).
Skurvy_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 01:41   #7
daveozric

Totally BS. Only music player with this stupid, ridiculous feature. Why would anyone want to search on the internet when clicking on a song?
daveozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2020, 13:34   #8
BBear

Bringing this back from the dead: is it confirmed that this plugin does not work under x64 systems - I am running W7 x64 and after installing the plugin Winamp registers it as "Not Loaded".

If so, any other alternative? I've used it in the past and it is simply an incredible tool.

Cheers!
BBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support