Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Old 21st March 2014, 13:48   #1
Lamartine

compatibility of the lists management between Winamp & Traktor ?

hi

as I discover that a new version of our legendary soft seems to be building, i was wondering if there would be a way to develop a compatibility between the Winamp list management with Dj's softs like Traktor. I lately passed into Itunes, which lists are directly recognized by Traktor, cause i was fed up of incessantly upgrading my lists from Winamp to Traktor. I actualy think that the problem rather comes from Traktor which is not particularly "Open Source", but it also might comes from the way of Winamp write the soft-managed lists's files in the Disk, with a different filename than their listname ("plf5C4C" for example).

Never say never

best regards
Lamartine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 14:13   #2
DrO

it's pretty simple for an external program to load Winamp's library playlists (which aren't always going to be plf5C4C named files as v5.66x added the means to use the original playlist instead of the Winamp managed copy if you import playlists into Winamp).

however not knowing how Traktor does it's thing, what you want is most likely going to have to be something done on their side (i assume unless it's got a plug-in api to do such things). so not really anything that can be done from Winamp's side.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 14:00   #3
Lamartine

hi,

Thanks for your answer. Sorry if I misunderstood you, but you mean that Winamp 5.66 is able to save automaticaly its managed lists with their list name and not their "generated" name (plf...) ? I did not find how to, but if it does so, it would be a very much appreciable progress, since Traktor enable to load a whole folder of lists.

best regards
Old 25th March 2014, 14:09   #4
DrO

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....43#post2988643 should help you to use non-Winamp managed playlists.
Old 26th March 2014, 15:35   #5
Lamartine

hi,

thanks for your answer. I tried to follow your explanation but did not find where to check the "use the original playlist" option. Could you help me again ?

best regards
Old 26th March 2014, 15:39   #6
DrO

it's shown on the import playlist dialogs
Old 27th March 2014, 13:10   #7
Lamartine

absolutely awesome, many thanks.

Winamp, I'll never leave you anymore
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist