Old 28th August 2007, 02:22   #1
Kanegasi

Winamp loopback to microphone

I've searched and found a few threads similar to this, but I have yet to find the correct answer I need. I want to simply loop just the output of Winamp, nothing else from the computer, to the microphone input. I've Googled and found these MIDI and wave loopback programs, but I can't see a way to actually loop to the microphone. Is there a plug-in or program or even a driver that can do this? Just to reiterate, I want just the Winamp output. If I wanted everything, I could take a male-to-male to my mic and headphone jacks. Even then, I know there are programs out there and I don't need extra hardware. Thank you very much for your help to whoever posts.
Kanegasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 17:08   #2
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

i don't think it made sense what you just asked.
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 02:45   #3
Kanegasi

0.o

Sorry. I want to trick my computer into thinking my Winamp is playing into the microphone. I don't want anything else to loopback, like a game I'm playing, and I still want to listen to Winamp at the same time. Like I said, it's similar to taking a male-to-male headphone cord and plugging one end into the microphone jack and the other into my headphone jack, but the only output I want coming into the microphone input is Winamp. It can't be line-in or CD-in or anythingelse-in.

For example: Say I'm playing Counterstrike: Source and I'm in a server that likes to play songs through each other's microphones. I want to hear the game and my music, but at the same time, I want the other players to hear just the music if I'm "broadcasting" through my mic.
Old 30th August 2007, 23:13   #4
Kanegasi

I was just wondering, if there is no program or special driver for this, is it possible to just buy a PCI soundcard and put it in my laptop's PCI slot, then have Winamp output to one card (PCI or system) while the computer itself outputs to the other, then use a male-to-male? This would of course require extra parts, but it would accomplish what I need.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support