Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 27th August 2010, 22:28   #81
jmbattle

Thanks for the prompt reply DrO.

Regarding the image scaling quality, please take a look at this thread also:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=321436

Hmm...perhaps the poor quality is simply inherent to tataki.dll?

Cheers,
James
x
jmbattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 22:40   #82
DrO

well with the image stuff i can only go on what was posted http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=17 so it's probably all related but i'm not changing things in the core anymore so i'll have to have a fiddle externally which is what this plug-in does anyway once it's obtained the album art from Winamp so that will make it easier if i can do it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 04:03   #83
MarkRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
only just seen these posts (was on holiday at the time and missed then when i scanned the forums on my return) so....

MarkRH: are you still experiencing the issue or was it something else like a plug-in conflict?

-daz
I actually did do a fresh re-install after that. Just now Started Winamp with Bento skin. Right-Clicked window and selected Album Art which displayed. Closed Album Art. Then I noticed under Options I had 2 Playlist items, both of which had the same options. The Color Theme menu item was gone. The Skins menu was also empty.

Restarted Winamp. Couldn't reproduce.. worked fine. Restarted Winamp.. didn't do anything with the Album Art window and the Options menu was missing Color Themes and then it had 2 Playlist menu items again.

So, this weirdness is still going on but since I can't reproduce it every time with the exact same sequence of actions.. kind of pointless to report it. I just listed my currently installed plug-ins so if you want to check the link below for anything that stares out, let me know.

Update: The menu weirdness happens even if I remove this plugin. So, it's not this plugin causing the weirdness. It could be the skin itself, some other plug-in, a combination of things stepping on each other's toes. Something is throwing off the menu generation. I can move the mouse over the Options menu and it looks fine, hover over the View menu and then back to the Options menu and I'll have two Color Themes items and then the Skins menu just shows Winamp Classic with no sub-menus like it should. It's kind of wonky.

Last edited by MarkRH; 28th August 2010 at 04:29. Reason: Typos, etc
MarkRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 11:35   #84
DrO

with the menu thing, i know that if items are added into the main menu and the correct api isn't sent to 'adjust' the position then it can cause that issue though from the plug-in list i'm not sure if any of the non-nullsoft/mine add additional items into the main menu or not so that would be a starting point (as i know it's only Skin Manager from mine which tinkers with the menus but it shouldn't be altering the main menu items).

otherwise maybe it's just the re-occurrence of the insertion issues with modern skins (it was tweaked a few client versions back to improve reliability but maybe it's not liked with your setup...).

-daz
Old 28th August 2010, 23:38   #85
MarkRH

Well.. AjaxAMP does add a "Ajax AMP Preferences" menu item to the top of the Options menu. Disabling it (renaming the DLL) seems to have cured it. I set the Album Art plug-in back to always show and so far the menus seems to be working ok after 2 Winamp restarts.

Enabled AjaxAMP again and the menu issues come back. So.. it would seem like AjaxAMP's menu addition is messing with it.. at least with the Bento Skin I'm using. I'm using the latest version of it so I'll send them an email. Not like they need that menu item there anyway since you can configure it through the plug-in list anyway.

Course.. not like I really need to be loading that plug-in when I am actually here. I'd only need it when I'm at my folks house or something and want to play (stream) my music from there. Heh.. should disable it until I really need it anyway.. it's just using up memory otherwise.
Old 29th August 2010, 10:49   #86
DrO

it looks like it's still maintained going on what i saw from http://ajaxamp.com/ with an update in June so it should be possible to get the author to resolve the issue. will sort out an email over the next few days on what they need to do to resolve the issue (as the documentation on the api's involved is in a few places from what i remember).

-daz
Old 29th August 2010, 18:36   #87
doronb2

Hi,
Is there a way to enable this plugin to "Bento" self album-art??

Thanks
doronb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 18:41   #88
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Do you mean, that Bento's own album art window has the same feature like this album art window?

If so, the answer is no. You can enable the album art window, which is provided by the plugin in Bento too (Preferences > Plugins > General Purpose > Album Art v0.7 > uncheck "Auto-hide window with modern skins"), but then you have 2 album art windows and 2 album art entries in Winamp's rt click menu, though.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 18:47   #89
doronb2

OK, thanks anyway. I liked the "bento look" - one, coherent window. (do you know of a modern skin that has this look also?)
Old 29th August 2010, 18:52   #90
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The album art window from that plugin will have the bento look as well, if you enable it, but then you have 2 album art entries, that's the price you have to pay.

I'm not aware about any modern skin similar to Bento, which has no own album art window.
Old 29th August 2010, 18:56   #91
doronb2

OK, thanks again.
GREAT plugin you have!
:-)
Old 29th August 2010, 21:38   #92
jojouk

I'm excited to see there's an Album Art Viewer Plugin ... wow! ... now how about posting a link to it! :-)

My Bento skin doesn't have an album art plugin... not no-where, not no-how!
jojouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 21:57   #93
jojouk

OK, I downloaded and installed an album art viewer from here...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=287638 ...
and it appears in the Preferences, Plugins... but it's not showing anything... no art no nuffink :-(
jojouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 22:42   #94
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Bento has it's own album art window. If you want to use the plugin in bento (even if you see 2 album art windows) then read the steps I posted above.
Old 12th October 2010, 15:43   #95
DrO

Album Art Viewer v0.8
  • Added initial implementation of the info preview as suggested from the plug-in's forum thread (enable via right-click)
  • Fixed the plug-in to no longer crash Winamp on screen resolution changes (has been like this since the plug-in was made)
  • Fixed open folder action opening the folder for currently playing file instead of the selected file
  • Changed the skinned window code to use the embedwnd codebase (resolves some edge cases if the modern skin mode is used)
  • Changed the plug-in to only work on Winamp 5.58 and higher due to unicode api and supporting dll linkage (saves 64KiB)

Details View

This is the initial implementation so am looking for responses on how to further develop it to make it more useable (within reason ) as this is more of a get something out there to start testing against which makes it a lot easier to get suggestions from i hope. The bottom of http://nunzioweb.com/daz/gen_classicart/ shows how the current details view appears.

Source Files

Once i've completed the next update(s) to implement handling of the details view then the updated source will be released (things are in a bit of a mess at the moment whilst i'm testing and releasing things still).

-daz
Old 12th October 2010, 22:45   #96
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbattle View Post
- ability to integrate into the ML, above the Library button (in classic skin mode)
i'll post some more tomorrow based on what i've had a think about the detail's view in 0.8 and based on a few things koopa has mentioned to me in the process of testing it but i thought i'd post the results of a few hours tinkering with this some more and whilst trying to check out / update another plug-in i've had moth-balled since 2005...

still have a few quirks to sort out and also to see if i can put the album art above the tree but it's now working and is applied to any skin (when enabled the standalone window isn't available).

-daz
Old 12th October 2010, 23:11   #97
jmbattle

That looks great DrO - just as I had imagined it.

Nice job!

Cheers,
James
x
jmbattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 10:47   #98
DrO

ok, thoughts of what can be done with the implementation of the details view. as a note i'm not going to do any more work on this feature until i've got a better idea of what other people are wanting / comments as i'd rather work on a complete solution at one go than doing it piecemeal

so here are some options i can think off for how to deal with the size of the window / contents:
  • Try to make the height fixed and just allowing the width to be changed (not sure this is feasible to do)
  • Increasing the window size will increase the album art so the details will move further to the right as the art size is increased instead of the fixed 100px width at the moment (this is what i personally prefer and is the easiest to implement)

and with the display of the metadata info:
  • Predefined patterns of what is shown a bit like how the media llibrary does with the small, medium and large art detail views
  • Showing more information as the window height is increased including hiding fields which are empty (like the Bento file info area does) (this is what i personally prefer
  • Showing more information as the window height is increased but leaving fields which are empty shown in all situations
  • Just make it customiseable as to what is shown from a defined list of options with probably the option to re-arrange the order they appear in (not too keen on this due to the work involved, heh)
Obviously with the metadata display, it also comes down to what information to show as it wasn't until after i'd released 0.8 that i realised there is no 'title' field (will teach me to just work against mockup images, hehe)

-daz
Old 13th October 2010, 12:16   #99
DrO

Album Art Viewer v0.85
  • Added an option to embed the album art window into the Media Library window
  • Standardised the menu handling code into common functions instead of the duplicated instances (saves some size of the plug-in)
Enjoy the new mode and i'll stop posting in here for a bit

Source Files

Once i've completed the next update(s) to implement handling of the details view then the updated source will be released (things are in a bit of a mess at the moment whilst i'm testing and releasing things still).

-daz
Old 13th October 2010, 12:28   #100
osmosis
Major Dude

Your prefs for the details view sound good, although it would also be nice to choose what info shows - for instance I never use ratings so I generally hide any reference to them in Winamp on my installs. Mimicking what Bento does in the info area would be pretty great, complete with info selection and cycling through the ones that don't fit. Do what you like though of course, I don't use classic skins often, just thought i'd throw in for the people who don't like to have everything showing
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 14:08   #101
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
I don't use classic skins often
It works for any modern skin as well. The integrated aa window in my Winamp Modern skin is just great.
Old 14th October 2010, 16:23   #102
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Album Art Viewer v0.85

Quote:
  • Added an option to embed the album art window into the Media Library window
Very cool! Thanks DrO!
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 16:41   #103
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Implementation of the details view

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
Your prefs for the details view sound good, although it would also be nice to choose what info shows - for instance I never use ratings so I generally hide any reference to them in Winamp on my installs.
I agree with osmosis. I too never use ratings, and thus would like the ability to hide this field.

Quote:
ok, thoughts of what can be done with the implementation of the details view...

and with the display of the metadata info:
  1. Predefined patterns of what is shown a bit like how the media llibrary does with the small, medium and large art detail views
  2. Showing more information as the window height is increased including hiding fields which are empty (like the Bento file info area does) (this is what i personally prefer
  3. Showing more information as the window height is increased but leaving fields which are empty shown in all situations
  4. Just make it customiseable as to what is shown from a defined list of options with probably the option to re-arrange the order they appear in (not too keen on this due to the work involved, heh)
Obviously with the metadata display, it also comes down to what information to show as it wasn't until after i'd released 0.8 that i realised there is no 'title' field (will teach me to just work against mockup images, hehe)
I don't think the Genre field adds a lot of value in this instance, and thus would also like the ability to hide this field. If I'm listening to the song I already know the genre from the sound, what I'm after is the connected Album information (Name, Year, # of Tracks).

I'd like fields which are empty to be shown ... cause if they are empty that's probably an error, and I'd like to fix it.

Based on the above, it sounds like your option#1 and option #4 would meet all my needs. I mean ... basically, the fields I'm interested are the same fields listed in the ML's Album Art > Small Details view. I imagine option #1 is the easier of those two to implement ... so I'd say go with the easier one.

Thank you DrO!
Old 17th October 2010, 04:13   #104
MarkRH

Trying out v0.85. I like the changes. Observations and comments on some of the above.

1. I never use Ratings so that's a wasted spot for me.

2. I'd prefer to keep Genre there.

3. The "Tracks" label is misleading as I thought it meant the total number of Tracks in the album, not the Track Number of the current song.

4. I'd add "Album Artist" especially if it is different than the track "Artist". I've got a lot of Albums like that.

Actually, I wouldn't mind the detail view being fairly similar to Bento's File Info view in the top area to bring that sort of functionality to skins that are missing that kind of thing.

Anyway, keep up the great work!
Old 18th October 2010, 13:26   #105
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRH View Post
3. The "Tracks" label is misleading as I thought it meant the total number of Tracks in the album, not the Track Number of the current song.

4. I'd add "Album Artist" especially if it is different than the track "Artist". I've got a lot of Albums like that.
Oh wow ... I hadn't noticed that. I totally agree with MarkRH.

The Artist and Tracks info should be for the album and not the track. Just like the the ML's Album Details, "Artist" should display the Album Artist and "Tracks" should display the total # of tracks with the same value for "Album" + "Album Artist".
Old 18th October 2010, 13:33   #106
DrO

i did say it was a bit rough and ready as i had based it on the mock-up image which had been created i'll wait a few more days before i give some comments back on anything else raised in the thread (so i'm not ignoring, just taking it all in ).

-daz
Old 18th October 2010, 13:48   #107
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jph6t View Post
, "Artist" should display the Album Artist and "Tracks" should display the total # of tracks with the same value for "Album" + "Album Artist".
I disagree, Artist should be Artist, but I'd like to see an additional Album Artist thing.

If all things are customizable, all people should be happy.
Old 18th October 2010, 15:56   #108
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
i did say it was a bit rough and ready as i had based it on the mock-up image which had been created i'll wait a few more days before i give some comments back on anything else raised in the thread (so i'm not ignoring, just taking it all in.
Zero criticisms DrO. It's awesome that you got it this far.

If you are referencing my mock-up image, that was based on the ML's Album Art Small Details option.
Which has "Artist" mapping to the Album Artist and "Tracks" mapping to the total tracks with that Album Artist+Album Name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
I disagree, Artist should be Artist, but I'd like to see an additional Album Artist thing.
Normally I'd agree with you Koopa, but that's the way the ML's Album Art Small Details has it laid out.

I want to way to see the Album info for the playing track. I can see the track info in the Player or the Playlist.
Old 18th October 2010, 16:37   #109
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I've attached the window to the library in modern skin, I don't see any Playlist.

Providing customizable infos is the best solution.
Old 18th October 2010, 18:27   #110
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
I've attached the window to the library in modern skin, I don't see any Playlist.
I was under the impression that the Album Art Viewer Plugin was created for the Classic Skin.
Doesn't the Modern Skin have some native Album Art functionality?

Quote:
Agreed/of course. But that's more work for DrO.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:07   #111
DrO

the plug-in is primarily designed for classic skins but it's also able to work fine under a modern skin (despite some modern skins having an album art window but this then can be used for those which cannot be updated to support an album art window - though the modern skin version is limited).

well it looks like a customisable bento area seems to be coming out as the way to go - am thinking or making a list of available options and a list of what is going to be used which just holds the metadata tags to be used with an option to prioritise the selected ones for smaller window views (or something like that).

this should make it pretty flexible for everyone's needs but still fairly simple to implement (or so i hope). still need to think things over a bit more as the handling of the art position in the details view is still bothering me.

-daz
Old 19th October 2010, 02:57   #112
LeadFoot

Looks very good, however, the Rating info is cutting the Genre in half (i.e.: the lower half of the Genre is covered by the Rating field.) Is there a setting that needs changing, or is it just a bug?
LeadFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 06:50   #113
DrO

not able to reproduce that so far, can you provide a screenshot of the issue if it's a gui issue.

-daz
Old 19th October 2010, 23:25   #114
LeadFoot

Like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plugin085.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	47763  
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:18   #115
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot View Post
the Rating info is cutting the Genre in half (i.e.: the lower half of the Genre is covered by the Rating field.) Is there a setting that needs changing, or is it just a bug?
@LeadFoot: what font and font size have you get set for the playlist editor (on the playlist preferences page). as i'm only able to reproduce the issue when setting the font size to a value below 11.

as for the details view stuff, i've not started working on it yet as i've only managed to find the time change how the open folder action works to select the file unlike the old behaviour (just opened the folder) and changed the default image to use a higher resolution version.

Quote:
The Artist and Tracks info should be for the album and not the track. Just like the the ML's Album Details, "Artist" should display the Album Artist and "Tracks" should display the total # of tracks with the same value for "Album" + "Album Artist".
i've re-read this a few times and i think the 'artist' value shown is fine with how it is but using / providing 'album artist' is a better thing for those wanting a truly album centric view.

as i'm using it more for information about the selected file so what is the artist is fine for me (especially as i've got Winamp set to use artist in place of album artist) but i can see why people want it as 'album artist' especially since this is for showing album art

the 'tracks' view should be renamed to 'track' with how it currently works though i do need to make it work out the total number of tracks for the album correctly both with files in the library and not in the library.

i know some people store the track value as x/y (easy to then work out track and tracks from that) whereas other files may not have a value so would potentially have to enum the files in the same folder looking for a match of artist/album artist and the album value. there there is whether querying the library should be preferred over directly querying the files for the information (if the library even exists)? as from what i can tell everything should be fine to take from the currently selected track (as it currently does).

also final thought for the evening is what 'fields' to provide as my list at the moment is (which will cover most formats without too many missing entries e.g. as could happen for game formats):
album
album artist
artist
track
tracks
year
genre
disc
rating

with additional ones i'm not sure about of:
length (of album in hh:mm:ss)
size (of album in KB/MB/etc)

so think away

-daz
Old 3rd November 2010, 00:56   #116
LeadFoot

Quote:
@LeadFoot: what font and font size have you get set for the playlist editor (on the playlist preferences page). as i'm only able to reproduce the issue when setting the font size to a value below 11.
That would do it, as I have mine set to 10, but it isn't worth screwing up all the other setting for that. If it doesn't bother anyone else, I'm cool.
Old 3rd November 2010, 08:18   #117
DrO

ah, size 10, that all makes sense and it's a bug with how i'm using the rating drawing apis so is something i need to resolve if it's going to be left in (as i know the consensus so far is not to have it but then i know other people who'd want to use it).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

with the displayable fields, koopa suggested the %decoder% tag to be available as well.

-daz
Old 15th November 2010, 01:34   #118
Michael-

It would be great to have the Composer field as well.
Michael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 01:38   #119
osmosis
Major Dude

Title as in the Bento box would be nice as well, though I might understand if you think it's a bit redundant seeing as it's everywhere else in Winamp, but it's nice to have the info all in one spot. I would also like to make the odd request of being able to hide the album art and have only the details up, as this way I could (for example) open both Album Art windows in Winamp Modern and use the native one as a large album art window and the AlbumArt plugin for details a-la-Bento. Just a thought! Thanks

Edit: OR, to cut down on unnecessary windows, if you could put the art above/below the details in AlbumArt and then expand the width to have the album art fill the window with the details still above/below, that would accomplish the same thing and be really handy too!
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 08:31   #120
jumba

One thing I would like to suggest is to improve the album art display by making it anti-aliased.
jumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion