Old 27th November 2018, 07:57   #401
ariszlo

Yes, that makes it clear.
ariszlo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 19:18   #402
PeterK.
Quinto Black CT Developer

Oh my! I have finally understood how to code a gradient. Yes, to code, not to draw. One cannot use a drawn gradient for the background of a resizable window - looks awful. But a gradient created using some code lines is the perfect solution for such purpose.

The gradient on the screenshot is nothing fancy - just two horizontal lines going from bright blue to dark blue. But it looks kinda glossy does it not? Maybe we could find another "fields of application" for that nice effect. (I still would love to have backgrounds in this modern acrylic style).

Any genius coder out there?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glossy background.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	316.7 KB
ID:	54219  
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2018, 19:28   #403
PeterK.

I just found out that adding my own background files to the CD Coverflow is surprisingly easy. Let me walk you through the process:

1) Click on the right mouse button in order to gain access to the context menu, scroll down to Add Own Background:

2) A small additional window will pop up on your desktop with an edit field and a button. Here you are supposed to paste the full address to the bitmap file of your choice. For example: G:\Quinto Black CT\Other Skins\Komodo\backgrounds\01.jpg. You can use *.bmp, *.jpg or *.png files.

After a click on the GO button the background is changed. Kinda cool huh?

Please remember that Winamp will resize the background pictures depending on the chosen window size. I will provide the exact sizes for every window size so you can crop your pictures accordingly and avoid being stretched.

P.S. I took the liberty of using background pictures from Victhor's Komodo skin for the presentation purpose.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	own background1.png
Views:	68
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	54241   Click image for larger version

Name:	own background2.png
Views:	66
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	54242   Click image for larger version

Name:	own background3.png
Views:	7
Size:	425.9 KB
ID:	54243   Click image for larger version

Name:	own background5.png
Views:	7
Size:	486.8 KB
ID:	54244  
Old 12th December 2018, 00:10   #404
ariszlo

As its name implies, Quinto should be the fifth official Winamp skin:
  1. Classic
  2. Modern
  3. Bento
  4. Big Bento
  5. Quinto
Old 12th December 2018, 07:21   #405
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
As its name implies, Quinto should be the fifth official Winamp skin:
  1. Classic
  2. Modern
  3. Bento
  4. Big Bento
  5. Quinto
It is a nice coincidence but Quinto was originally chosen as a Latin name. I just did not stumble upon the other meaning back then, found out later after the first release.
Old 12th December 2018, 19:27   #406
PeterK.

I am having some troubles here with key strokes. It is a neat feature as far as CD Coverflow window is concerned but as soon as there is another window open keyboard becomes useless. Like in this example:

I pasted the full address and file name into the edit field and would like to ...

1) confirm my choice by hitting "enter" - too bad Winamp starts playing a song because the key stroke "enter" is coded as "play current song" in the cd-coverflow.m file

2) move my mouse pointer to the left (in order to change a letter/number) and I cannot because "left" and "right" keys move album covers.

Somehow the command System.onKeyDown(string key) seems to work globally and not locally. I have no clue how to "isolate" those key strokes and keep them "within" one window. There is a post that describes exactly this behavior. Apparently, this onKeyDown() command used to work locally prior to version 5.53. Unfortunately nothing has changed.

What to do, what to do?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	key stroke.png
Views:	44
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	54249  

Last edited by PeterK.; 12th December 2018 at 22:00.
Old 12th December 2018, 23:43   #407
gaekwad2
Foorum King

He said he changed the line "to check for the context".
Wildly guessing (and knowing nothing about maki), is there a way to check which window is active?
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:41   #408
ariszlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
There is a post that describes exactly this behavior.
He writes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
However I changed that line to check for the context, and the core change is not a problem for me any more in 5.53.
Have you investigated his skin?

Off. Nice to see he has Hungarian music in his playlist.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	clementj-playlist.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	54250  
Old Yesterday, 19:56   #409
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
He said he changed the line "to check for the context".
Yes, but this is not the point here. This guy "killed" a lot of context menus which would appear while typing certain letters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
Wildly guessing (and knowing nothing about maki), is there a way to check which window is active?
Much better!
I was aware of the command guiObject.isActive() which is used to detect whether an object (be it a button, text line or layer) is visible/active. And I also knew that I cannot apply guiObject's commands to layouts, let alone containers - since these are not guiObjects. This is what I get to see while compiling:

isActive : not a member function nor an event of class 'Container' at cd_coverflow.m:639 [65] :

But!
Browsing through the script files of the Winamp Modern Folk Dancer Skin I realized that the following line main.isActive() is used in combination with key strokes. So I looked into the variable declaration and noticed that "main" is declared as a layout. Hence it is possible to use it with layouts of a container! Huh!

Now, the coverflow script "looks" whether the Add Own Background-container (=window) has focus (= is active). If yes I can use keyboard while typing the path to my bitmap files - and if no: I can browse through the album covers. Perfect! I hope it stays this way.

A huge THANK YOU to both of you!

Quote:
Have you investigated his skin?
How did you find it? I know the "Houston Computer Freak Page" is down. And I did not search further.

Quote:
Off. Nice to see he has Hungarian music in his playlist.
The only "Hungarian" music I know!
Old Today, 11:00   #410
ariszlo

Quote:
Now, the coverflow script "looks" whether the Add Own Background-container (=window) has focus (= is active). If yes I can use keyboard while typing the path to my bitmap files - and if no: I can browse through the album covers. Perfect! I hope it stays this way.
I knew you would solve it!

Quote:
How did you find it? I know the "Houston Computer Freak Page" is down.
I just googled for it.

Quote:
The only "Hungarian" music I know!
Yes, Germans could compose good Hungarian music.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
color theme, modern skin, peterk, quinto black, victhor