Old 25th September 2011, 12:10   #1
Snky

Error on launch. sc_serv.

"Could not register the event source for the system logs"
after opening

sc_serv.exe -sc_serv.conf

Any help will be appreciated, i've searched on google, with no results at all. thank you.
Snky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 00:45   #2
fc*uk

What OS are you using? Are you trying to launch via cli or gui?
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 16:49   #3
Snky

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

i think it's command prompt that shows up temporarily as i launch sc_serv.exe,
i'm new to this, i have ran the config builder, it works for my friend, but i get that error i mentioned at the start. ^ thank you
Old 26th September 2011, 17:25   #4
DrO

from the code, that error happens if the DNAS doesn't have the correct permissions to be run i.e. if run as a non-admin or when trying to use a log file which cannot be written to.

there is a bug in the current public build of the v2 DNAS which can cause the DNAS to fail in funky ways in that setup which i've improved internally but would need to know a bit more about your user account type and possible the config file you're trying to use - unless you're just double-clicking the sc_serv.exe?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 20:06   #5
Snky

im running it through a shortcut, i just tried running as Administrator, i am admin.
"D:\Program Files\SHOUTcast\serv\sc_serv.exe" -sc_serv.conf

conf file:
;DNAS configuration file
;Made with the SHOUTcast 2 Configuration Builder

password=12345
adminpassword=12345
portbase=27016
requirestreamconfigs=1
log=0
logfile=%temp%\sc_serv.log
w3clog=%temp%\sc_w3c.log
banfile=%temp%\sc_serv.ban
ripfile=%temp%\sc_serv.rip
maxuser=8
publicserver=always

streamid=1
Old 26th September 2011, 20:34   #6
DrO

is that dash before sc_serv.conf a typo or actually in the shortcut?

trying what you've posted without the dash (and changing the passwords to be different) it was able to run ok without issue in a writeable folder (i can't test with UAC enabled as i'm running something else at the moment).

-daz
Old 26th September 2011, 21:02   #7
Snky

I've tried with and without dash, to no luck, also right-clicked and ran as administrator, no luck either, i've googled this error with not even one other person with the same error.
Old 26th September 2011, 21:05   #8
DrO

it's an internal error just to the DNAS though one other thing is that running the DNAS without any conf file should keep the console window open - if that's not happening then it's most likely is a permissions issue (though how / why i'm not sure as i've never seen this happen and it's quite a few layers down to try to even force that error to happen).

-daz
Old 26th September 2011, 21:08   #9
Snky

Okay, well, could you post a reply in this thread, if you ever work out what may be wrong.
i've also ran this, without a command parameter, just the exe alone no shortcut,
compeltely uninstalled, deleted folder, restarted, re-installed, launched exe, nothing, restarted, launched exe, still nothing.

thank you for the replies both of you, i hope this gets fixed, whether my computers fault or an extremely rare error.
Old 26th September 2011, 21:14   #10
DrO

you have made sure that the supporting dll's are installed as per http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ver_2#Windows?

otherwise i'm at a loss and i'm the one with the source code in front of me...

-daz
Old 28th September 2011, 09:54   #11
Snky

I am not sure what I am meant to be looking at on that page, is there any 'system services' that need to be enabled for 'sc_serv.exe' to work?
(wasn't quite sure what you meant by supporting dll's, the sc_serv.exe doesn't work on my laptop either )
Old 28th September 2011, 10:41   #12
DrO

depending on the version of the DNAS you've downloaded (32-bit or 64-bit) you just need to select the runtime and install it i.e. it's making sure that what the DNAS needs is present - it's not like 'system services', this is supporting dlls that contain code the DNAS uses to actually work.

though i doubt that would be issue but was something to try just to make sure as i cannot see why you're having the issue as i've not seen it directly or otherwise reported by anyone else so something isn't right with the setup that you're trying to use e.g. machine security policy settings or something else like that, but what i'm not sure.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
error shout cast launch