Old 26th September 2011, 13:58   #1
uktony

Shoutcaster 2 stats/logs permissions

I have installed Shoutcaster 2 on a CenTOS Linux machine.

It is running but.....

View Tail file & View Log, both say "Viewing Not Allowed With Current Permissions"

My stats do not work. That is the Spicial Stats package, Station Playlist listeners, and PHP web page. They all worked with SC1.

I would guess this is some sort of permissions problem.

Can anyone give me a clue which files need what CHMOD?

sc_serv.log is 777 as is Sc_w3c.log

screenlog=1

Regards
Tony
uktony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 14:58   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by uktony View Post
View Tail file & View Log, both say "Viewing Not Allowed With Current Permissions"
that message is shown when you have different admin passwords in the setup i.e. adminpassword and streamadminpassword which seems to point at it being a hosted setup you're using? if so then there's not much that can be done as the log is shared for all streams and so cannot be provided in such scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uktony View Post
My stats do not work. That is the Spicial Stats package, Station Playlist listeners, and PHP web page. They all worked with SC1.
the v2 DNAS uses xml for stats responses so you most likely need to upgrade the stats software you've been using e.g. anything using 7.html will not work as it was replaced with the /stats option.

in most cases, pages from the v1 DNAS just need to have ?sid=x appended to them to work with the v2 DNAS (where x is the stream id).

with the files, it all depends on what is specified in the config file (assuming you've access to it).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 16:58   #3
uktony

streamadminpassword matches adminpassword in the conf file.

Only one stream on the server.

Can I not specify a streamadminpassword ? just have a adminpassword.

As I am not on port 8000 I must be getting the conf file to load and be read. The passwords work.
Old 26th September 2011, 17:06   #4
DrO

if there's only one stream then there's no need for a streamadminpassword and just adminpassword is appropriate to use. am guessing this is confusion from using config builder

really streamadminpassword is only for when you're hosting mutliple un-related streams i.e. in a hosting setup where other streams cannot know the log details of the other streams.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 17:14   #5
uktony

thanks I will try that.

Just being hampered right now by PCCW here in Hong Kong screwing up my DNS so I cannot get to my host easily.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support