Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist

View Poll Results: should they let us download winamp 2 here still?
yeah, who wants any of the other shitty versions 1 0.15%
no 666 99.85%
Voters: 667. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 12th March 2004, 15:20   #1
acabtp

winamp 5 sucks and is slow, i wish you could still download winamp 2 on the site

it's slow, it's clunky, it's cluttered

winamp 2 was, and always will be the best

let us download it on the site again, nobody likes 5
Old 12th March 2004, 15:42   #2
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Better get your flame proof suit on boyo, you are gonna get roasted alive for your misinformed comments, but before you do, I'll clue you in with something.

Winamp5 is Winamp2 with the addition of a few extra plugins, all of which you can choose to not install during setup, don't want freeform skins?, don't install the plug, don't want a media lib?, don't install it.

Strip off all the plugs and you are left with bug fixed version of WA2.

Or if that dosn't make sense, you could download the lite version of 5 that takes out all the extra plugs for you, it's specially designed for people who can't read installers and don't know how to uncheck boxes.

Course you'd know all of this if you'd SEARCHED the forums a bit for the other billion and one threads that point this out.

Here is a good one you can read with lots of info and stuff.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=167493

Got your flame proof undercrackers on yet, cos I can smell the mob coming all ready
Old 12th March 2004, 16:32   #3
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
Go use

Sonique
Real Player
WMP

...or some other player other than Winamp, if you don't like it.
Old 12th March 2004, 22:00   #4
sgtfuzzbubble011

Is there any way to set the vBulletin software up so that it forces new members to enter a minimum of three search queries before they recieve their password confirmation emails?
Old 12th March 2004, 22:08   #5
Namelessv1
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
Better get your flame proof suit on boyo, you are gonna get roasted alive for your misinformed comments, but before you do, I'll clue you in with something.

Winamp5 is Winamp2 with the addition of a few extra plugins, all of which you can choose to not install during setup, don't want freeform skins?, don't install the plug, don't want a media lib?, don't install it.

Strip off all the plugs and you are left with bug fixed version of WA2.

Or if that dosn't make sense, you could download the lite version of 5 that takes out all the extra plugs for you, it's specially designed for people who can't read installers and don't know how to uncheck boxes.

Course you'd know all of this if you'd SEARCHED the forums a bit for the other billion and one threads that point this out.

Here is a good one you can read with lots of info and stuff.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=167493

Got your flame proof undercrackers on yet, cos I can smell the mob coming all ready
Why do you even try to explain anymore? Why not just whack all threads like this seeing as they don't even bother to read anything on these forums?
Old 12th March 2004, 22:25   #6
sgtfuzzbubble011

Maybe he gets enjoyment out of watching the intentionally self-uninformed get lots of expletives thrown at them.
Old 12th March 2004, 23:05   #7
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Re: winamp 5 sucks and is slow, i wish you could still download winamp 2 on the site

Quote:
Originally posted by acabtp
nobody likes 5
apparently 654,234 people like it, and that is just from download.com. Add another 3,328 for people who downloaded from fileplaet.com and you get a total of 657,562 people who like it, and those numbers are for 5.02 only. That doesn't even count the people who havn't yet upgraded from 5.01. Anyone have the stats on howmany downlods winamp.com has had? I am sure it has a bunch as well.
Old 13th March 2004, 00:23   #8
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

millions

idiot troll thread *whacked*
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist