Old 9th March 2005, 05:56   #1
TheCloudOfSmoke

Amazing Gameboy Advance SP Skin Need Help!!!

I never get n e good help on forums ever so i dont know why i even bother trying. Well here I go...

I have made some amazing GBA Skins for the VisualBoy Advance Emulator and it looks great for that program but now i want to Winamp it. The problem is i dont know XML and I tried using the tutorial but i just couldnt figure it out. If n e 1 knows how 2 code good or knows n e 1 who does let me know by emailing me at TheCloudOfSmokeGraphics@hotmail.com.Here's a preview to encourage n e one to help:
or

Also heres a link to my DeviantArt page so yall can check out or download my current VBA skin http://thecloudofsmoke.deviantart.com/. If u do not have this emulator but just wanna check out the full size pictures in the skin pack,just unzip it and look for the bmp files with the names gameboy advance sp 1x or 2x

Thanx

TheCloudOfSmoke
TheCloudOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 06:19   #2
TheCloudOfSmoke

Also, Yes I did read "Want someone to make a skin for you? READ THIS FIRST"

And yes, I gave up hours, days and weeks (3 weeks straght to be exact) to make something for total strangers who i have never met before with my skins (not winamp though) just for the fufilment of knowing that ppl really enjoy the stuff i worked hard on. (im not really good at painting or decorating houses)the psd and buttons have basically already been created.
Old 9th March 2005, 10:50   #3
tracerh
Banned

Are you allowed to be rude on these forums?
tracerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 12:46   #4
SLoB
Major Dude

maybe its cos its the way yer asking or the forums you did frequent
for example
Quote:
I never get n e good help on forums ever so i dont know why i even bother trying. Well here I go...
anyways

love the top pic now that would be a cool winamp skin!
the 2nd one although good wouldnt appeal to me as a winamp skin, but i cant speak for everyone

but as a primary focus I reckon the top pic would be the skin to make into a winamp skin imo (out of those 2)

cool stuff
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 17:28   #5
TheCloudOfSmoke

im sorry, i didnt mean to come off as rude. its just everytime that i ask for small help on forums (this not being one of them)i never get ne help.i didnt want to skin the GBA Indigo. its just to show n e nice coder what 2 expect.my sp is my latest and more advanced graphic that i wanted to skin.
Old 9th March 2005, 20:52   #6
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

i swear that there is already a gameboy advance sp skin out there, but my searches tell me otherwise. jones, ud b able to check it up, or anyone else that might have seen it.

-matt

matt_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 21:13   #7
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
I havn't seen it.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 21:14   #8
krckoorascic

Send a message via ICQ to krckoorascic Send a message via AIM to krckoorascic Send a message via Yahoo to krckoorascic
if you need a coder i could help you cuz i'm 'free' right now ;P

krckoorascic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 21:38   #9
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

There was a nintendo SP skin in the database, it appears to be unpublished at the minute, not sure why, maybe it was a time limited promotion thing.
Attached Images
File Type: gif nintendo_gameboy_advance_sp.gif (39.2 KB, 369 views)
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 22:25   #10
TheCloudOfSmoke

thanx every1 for replying.but ive seen that GBA SP pic b4. if you compare the actual GBA SP to that skin you would probably notice that isnt how the actual GBA SP looks like.i think that was a prototype shot.
I wanted to make a more official looking skin.

That would b great krckoorascic i would really appreciate that!!! As you should know though, you would get much deserved credit for helping. thanks again every1.
Old 10th March 2005, 03:37   #11
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Nice graphics there. I used to have the old GBA SP skin, I remember being kind of dissappointed with it because:
A) The "real" buttons didn't do anything because the control buttons were all on the screen
B) It didn't use any game graphics on the screen, that would be more fun
C) It didn't have any color themes to make it look like the other SP colors.

Hopefully yours is better.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 06:08   #12
TheCloudOfSmoke

well, if all goes right i will put play functions on the gba buttons but i dont know where to put them. i want them to go in the most likely spot. for example the start button would be for play/pause and select would be stop, but im not sure. if n e 1 has a suggestion on where they should b or what u would want to see in this skin let me know. as for the colors, i would basically have 2 start from scratch to make more color schemes and that would be extremely difficult.

thecloudofsmoke
Old 10th March 2005, 13:04   #13
SLoB
Major Dude

play buttons could go on the 4way button pad

dont think you'll have a prob with putting buttons in, but obviously it would be cool to keep the 3d type perspective thing you have here with anything that moves make it look real

Quote:
i would basically have 2 start from scratch to make more color schemes and that would be extremely difficult.
try out my not so random colour theme generator, the thread is on this forum if ya search
Old 11th March 2005, 00:47   #14
jerimiah40
Major Dude

That would be a 1337 idea for a skin, I can't offer anything to it because I can't code worth crap, but I'd like to see it done
jerimiah40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 03:18   #15
TheCloudOfSmoke

im sorry but i decided that i wont do this skin. i was really hyped about it until i looked a some good modern skins for reference and i realized that it would take me shitload time for the other parts thats not im my original skin for the other program that i skinned and ive alredy spent too much time on this skin already.thanx again every1.
Old 11th March 2005, 04:48   #16
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Well, if anyone decides to do this, here are my ideas:

-play-pause/stop/forward/back could be the d-pad
-A and B could be PL and ML buttons
-Start and Select - Start to open a drawer out the bottom, Select to change the mode between EQ, Color themes, whatever else
- Screen would almost have to logically be Vid\Vis, but maybe also and option to change it to the MB?
jerimiah40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 13:00   #17
SLoB
Major Dude

hmm seems you like ya quit b4 ya got started :/

erm you've already got the player licked, wont take long to get a few extra bits on it for buttons etc...

then thers only the std frame to do and a few extra bits
more effort needed if ya go for som custom vizzes tho

would be a shame to not get yer gba into winamp
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins