Old 22nd March 2005, 08:29   #1
axialix

configAttribute problem...

Ok, I've been stuck on this for two days so it's time to recruit some help. For some reason, the items on my custom config page won't link to the items in the skin Options menu. I have the correct cfgattrib in my config.xml that links to the custom page, but it just won't work. Here's a screenshot to better explain what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg config.jpg (46.1 KB, 151 views)
axialix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 08:32   #2
axialix

Here's the skin if anyone would be so kind as to dig around and find the problem. All you need to look at is config.xml and attib.m I believe. This should be really easy to fix but for some reason I just can't see the problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip clearonebeta.zip (84.9 KB, 117 views)
Old 22nd March 2005, 22:43   #3
axialix

Nobody? Well, maybe if someone could just tell me if I need anything else defined in maki or xml that would link the items? For example, in my xml I have:

<configcheckbox id="config.button.showButtons" x="" y="" w="" h="" label="Show Buttons" cfgattrib="{9510C13C-8D23-4D68-8053-74CA06E402C2};Show Buttons" />

And in my attribs.m I have:

#define CUSTOM_PAGE "{9510C13C-8D23-4D68-8053-74CA06E402C2}"

This should link the two right? I can't see any other code that applies to them. I've examined the Winamp Modern skin plus quite a few others, so believe me, posting here is a last resort.
Old 22nd March 2005, 22:50   #4
krckoorascic

Send a message via ICQ to krckoorascic Send a message via AIM to krckoorascic Send a message via Yahoo to krckoorascic
well, i looked you code and i must say that i dunno what's wrong! i'm doing in same way as you do and it's work for me...
i'm sorry i can't help ya

krckoorascic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 23:31   #5
axialix

Well thanks for checking it out anyway. At least I know I'm doing it right. I guess a total rebuild of the config window is my only option at this point.
Old 23rd March 2005, 04:31   #6
axialix

Phuck all that above, I just found my problem. I didn't include the init.maki script in my skin.xml, darnit it all to hell. I hate those easy fixes that take you three days to figure out!
Old 23rd March 2005, 09:22   #7
carlosp
Major Dude

well as programmer you know your biggst enemy is your self. I dun know how long i have already spent by searching after bugs like this, weeks probably
carlosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 09:59   #8
axialix

You're right, but I'm no programmer that's for sure. I'm more of a cutnpaster and that gets me into trouble a lot.
Old 23rd March 2005, 12:21   #9
SLoB
Major Dude

perhaps it might be easier for you to track stuff if you work out a little plan of what includes are part of what files

something basic such as a branch diagram jotted out on paper, that way you know which files are linked with what and it will only take a minute but save you hassle in the long run
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 12:37   #10
axialix

Cool, that's a good idea, thanks. This was my first time (*blush*) using attribs so now I know what to look for.
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:24   #11
PulseDriver
w3 addict
(Major Dude)

A good idea for MAKI is to use a custom songticker which you send different debug info eg. before parsing text, or sending some text/object through a function.

Everywhere you work, and you're unsure what values the skin operates with, you can just put in an extra line where the values will show.

I have this habbit from javascript where I use alert(currDebugValue); but since there are no such function (as far as I know that is) I use an extra songticker.

09 F9 11 01 9D 74 E8 5B D8 41 56 C3 63 56 81 C0
PulseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 13:54   #12
axialix

PD, could you elaborate a bit more on using the songticker? I'm not sure exactly what I need to put to get values returned there.

Also, I've seen this around but I'm not sure how it works:
debugAlert(String strValue) {
messageBox(strValue, "Debug Alert", 0, "");
}

Can you explain?
Old 23rd March 2005, 16:24   #13
carlosp
Major Dude

yeah, in former times i have used a extra container with this debug string but now i am way to lazy for it it was pretty cool.
carlosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins