Old 19th March 2005, 18:46   #1
BlueFighter

Modern Skinning Help Needed

Hi all!

My problems should be a pretty easy challenge for coders out there.

Problem 1: In the playlist, the crollbar background cant seem to be changed. Is it possible to change this background to something else or just remove it (make it transparent)

Problem 2: In the media library the bottom buttons get outside "content borders" I want. Is it possible to change the background of this buttons or make the media library content smaller so it fits the frame without messing up the playlist placement??

I have MSN: bluefighter.bea@gmail.com

If you´d like to help me you can add me.

Any help is appreciated.
BlueFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2005, 20:10   #2
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Problem 1: you can change the color, but not make it transparent. Make a "colors.xml" or whatever you wish to call it, and put this between <elements> </elements> tags:

PHP Code:
<!-- Playlist/Media Library etcScrollbar Background Colors -->
<
color id="wasabi.scrollbar.foreground" value="128,128,128" gammagroup="Displays"/>
<
color id="wasabi.scrollbar.background" value="128,128,128" gammagroup="Displays"/>
<
color id="wasabi.scrollbar.foreground.inverted" value="128,128,128" gammagroup="Displays"/>
<
color id="wasabi.scrollbar.background.inverted" value="128,128,128" gammagroup="Displays"/> 
Of course use your own values and gammagroups.
Tip for these kind of color questions: search other skins for their color file, usually called "system-colors.xml" or something like that.

Problem 2: I don't exactly know what you mean, but you cannot change the media library content's layout itself, you can change the buttons and colors however.
For the colors, search the file mentioned above and for the buttons, I explained that before here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=207455
See 7th and 8th post there.

I hope you can do something with this.
Michgelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2005, 20:15   #3
carlosp
Major Dude

Problem number 1:
PHP Code:
<color id="wasabi.border.sunken" value="0,0,0" gammagroup="Window Backgrounds" /> <!-- color of dividers and sunken borders --> 
Problem number 2:
PHP Code:
    <script id="standardframe.script" file="scripts/standardframe.maki" param="[b](x)[/b]9,[b](y)[/b]30,[b](w)[/b]-38,[b](h)[/b]-111,0,0,1,1" /> 
carlosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2005, 20:20   #4
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Teamwork
Old 19th March 2005, 20:39   #5
BlueFighter

Thanks alot guys!

Love ya =D
Old 19th March 2005, 21:16   #6
BlueFighter

Well, seems like I need just a little more help, got rid of the scrollbar background and stuff.

But there are 2 more things I wonder if you could help me with.

1st:
I have made another winamp skin where i was able to get a titlebar text of every standardframe component "playlist, media library"

I imported that code into this skin but it wont work.

Nothing is showing up.

PHP Code:
<!-- This is what controls the titlebar of each Component,

you may adjust the position and attributes as you wish -->
<
groupdef id="wasabi.titlebar" xuitag="Wasabi:TitleBar" embed_xui="window.titlebar.title">

<
text id="window.titlebar.title" x="10" y="5" w="100" relatw="1" fontsize="13" antialias "1" color="68,68,68" shadowcolor="255,255,255" shadowx="1" shadowy="1" default=":componentname" font="font.bold" />

<
layer id="mousetrap" x="38" y="0" w="0" h="20" relatw="1" move="1"/>

</
groupdef
And the other thing is if there is any xml code to change the scrollbar button in the playlist, atm it is the same as the buttons as the media library uses, and with those buttons the scrollbar get distorted.

Thanks for your help
Old 19th March 2005, 21:24   #7
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Well if w="100" and relatw="1" it won't work that's it I think. Try w="-100".

About the distorted buttons, it means you haven't specified them correctly. Best thing is to leave all the w and h values as they are in that elements file and draw your new button as a 33×33 button, because that's how large the original is.
Then it should work. I do it that way to, else I always make mistakes and you do too I think...
Old 19th March 2005, 21:39   #8
BlueFighter

didnt work with -100.

It is only the scrollbar that becomes distorted. No other buttons.

Anymore suggestions?
Old 19th March 2005, 22:42   #9
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Well there is no h value specified as well, maybe that's it.
I think the problem is in the values, check them out.
The rest looks ok to me.

The scrollbar button is weird. The buttons in the library and in the playlist editor use the same images, so they should look identical. You can't skin them separatly, so maybe it looks distorted because of the scrollbar grip.

Did you skin these properly?
PHP Code:
<!-- Scrollbar Grips -->
<
bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.grip" file="images/button-standardframe.png" x="42" y="25" h="8" w="6" gammagroup="Buttons"/>
<
bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.grip" file="images/button-standardframe.png" x="34" y="27" h="6" w="8" gammagroup="Buttons"/> 
Old 20th March 2005, 00:22   #10
BlueFighter

Well it didn´t seem to work. I am propably doing lots of stuff wrong inside my code =D

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16283197/

It is released now, so if you want you can take a look at the code and check what is wrong.
Old 20th March 2005, 11:13   #11
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Ok, I downloaded it and saw there's a lot of old stuff in there, things from winamp3 you don't need anymore.

Is it ok if I try to make it a bit newer and delete what you don't need anymore? Or are you planning to use this on winamp3..?

When I get to the buttons, I'll see if it's because you've given parts the wrong name that they don't show up properly.

What I saw as well, was that you have implemented the "add" and "rem" etc. buttons in the standardframe. Now the video has them too. I don't know if you intended it like this, but you can make a standardframe first so the video has the correct buttons, and then overwrite it for the pledit by making a new pledit.xml.
Old 20th March 2005, 13:06   #12
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Ok I think I got it all working. Your code is a bit messier than what I'm used to myself but it wasn't really a problem.
I also noticed the resizing on the right side didn't work. Fixed too, for your mousetrap you had: x="5" y="5" w="-5" relatw="1" h="-5" relath="1". It should be: w="-10" h="-10", because you need to have it 5 pixels smaller on both sides.

I got you buttons working, I drew a new image and copied your buttons into the new one, I hope you don't mind.
Check out studio-elements.xml and button-standardframe.png.

Then the component name. I got that working too. Hehehe no wonder it didn't work:
- The font you defined didn't exist;
- There was no h value and
- The titlebar group was not included in the frame layout.

For now I used font="Tahoma" and fontsize="14". I didn't know how you wanted it there but you can change that of course.

I find your skin really beautiful you know.
My advice: make a separate pledit.xml to overwrite the standardframe. Then you can specify the minimum width, which is now 275 and too wide for you player. I always have my playlist below the player and it would be nice if the playlist could be as slim as the player.
It's a lot easier than making a standardframe, so don't worry about that.

Have fun with it.

Your skin is too large to attach here, so get it from my little ftp site:
http://home.tiscali.nl/~michgelsen/h...namp%20New.wal

Please let me know when you have it, so I can remove it.
Old 20th March 2005, 16:16   #13
carlosp
Major Dude

this one looks good
carlosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 18:23   #14
BlueFighter

Forgot checking this forum =(.

Wanna thank you a bunch Michgelsen for helping me!

I really appreciate you taking time to help me. You will surely get your place in the credits for v 1.1.

Love this community!
Old 23rd March 2005, 18:25   #15
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Cool thanks!

Oh and I'll delete it from my site again then.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins