Old 24th October 2002, 23:29   #41
I am Jesus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to I am Jesus
Quote:
Originally posted by Shenlong

Your eyes hurt? Stop watching Pokémon, all that yellow from that Pikachu character, or even the color itself...I do believe it does destroy one's retinas after awhile. I learned that when I stared into the sun once...
I stopped watching that like 3 or 4 years ago, Best decision ever.
I am Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2002, 00:59   #42
!!itsKENSHIN!!!

uh, /me rants about last episode of I My Me! Strawberry Eggs. It sucked ass. Damn it, horrible ending, f**cken sobs
!!itsKENSHIN!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2002, 13:13   #43
cgfiend

Send a message via ICQ to cgfiend Send a message via AIM to cgfiend Send a message via Yahoo to cgfiend
Anime bites

Anime would be better if...

1) There weren't long periods of silence
2) The annoying grunting noises were omitted
3) The cornball mouth animations consisted of more than 2 frames
4) All of the characters didn't look the same
5) The character in every damn one of the cartoons that sounds like Mickey Mouse on acid was omitted
cgfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2002, 20:21   #44
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
Quote:
Originally posted by I am Jesus

I stopped watching that like 3 or 4 years ago, Best decision ever.
Apparently, you didn't get my joke on the color yellow and the sun...

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2002, 22:24   #45
I am Jesus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to I am Jesus
Quote:
Originally posted by Shenlong

Apparently, you didn't get my joke on the color yellow and the sun...
The sun is his ass rite?
I am Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2002, 06:52   #46
Noire_Chocobo

Vision Of Escaflowne and FF9

Please, do not get me wrong. I am absolutely in love with Escaflowne. I have a site about it. (Two, actually. One's a shrine to Dilandau.) HITOMI SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE HOME. I hate that fact about that! It pisses me off! Also, the series doesn't really explain a lot about Dilandau's past. It kinda leaves him as a partially undeveloped character, which is a pity, because he rocks my world.

Also, in Final Fantasy Nine, I hate Steiner. He is just so damned ugly. I have the art book, and the conceptual art of Steiner was a lot better than the game version. His attitude bugs me. I hate him so much that I named him "Stoner" instead of Steiner in my game. (I couldn't come up with a better pun.) Well, my friend kept all of her character's names the same with the exception of Freya Crescent (My personal fave) who she named after me. (I feel so special!!) And Steiner, whom she named "Fuckface." At least I didn't resort to profanities, but hey. Adelbert Fuckface is a good name that sums up my feelings for him.

The Queen Brahne is also disgusting. It appalls me that she actually got the chance to reproduce. The sheer mechanics of it are just mind-boggling! (Sorry, totally ripped from Austin Powers 2.) But hell, she is the femmie Fat Bastard.

The, there's just Pokemon. I find it a disgrace to anime. That and Digimon, Medabots, Monster Ranchers and all the other 'catch these innocent creature/robots and force them to fight for your own benefit' games/shows.. Yu-Gi-Oh! is a close runner-up in my hate list. I find that they are too repetitive in their storylines, and they are almost devoid of plot, because of the fact that they are all basically the same. Those give anime a bad rap. If you're looking for the real anime, look for things that have excelling animation, beautiful and intriguing storylines, and that truly deserve to bear the name of 'anime.'

Well, you're all entitled to your respectable opnions, as I am mine, and I hope you don't bash what I say too much, as I try not to bash people that much.
Noire_Chocobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2002, 10:53   #47
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Anime is good, and there are some great series (like Evangelion), and Akira is a god of a film, but there are plenty of superb European cartoons too.

The Asterix films are joys to watch. They are just superb, and I never tire of seeing them.
Tin Tin was also a good one cartoon. I really enjoyed that.

But the best time for cartoons was the 1980s. Classics were made, heroes born, and lifetimes made for me in that era:

Dangermouse (UK)
Dungeons and Dragons (US)
Bananaman (UK)
Duckula (UK)
Thundercats (US?)

and plenty more.

The 1990's gave me Moomin. Yes it was an anime, but it was a damn bloody fantastic one (possibly one of the few that doesn't include big robots )

And more recently the excellent Redwall series on UK tv. THe books were good, and the tv series just as good.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2002, 20:36   #48
Noire_Chocobo

REDWAAAALL!

I have read all the books of the Redwall series by Brian Jacques, and I found the animated version a bit of a disappointment. I usually find books-turned-movie/shows disappointments. I found that the animation was quite shoddy and clipped, and it was probably animated on the three's or four's.* Many characters and good elements of the books were completely omitted, and the characters didn't seem to have enough detail in them to make them look better. However, I'll say I appreciate it for what it is, but I think they could have done a lot better job in their adaptation.
Noire_Chocobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2002, 01:55   #49
!!itsKENSHIN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
Anime is good, and there are some great series (like Evangelion), and Akira is a god of a film, but there are plenty of superb European cartoons too.

The Asterix films are joys to watch. They are just superb, and I never tire of seeing them.
Tin Tin was also a good one cartoon. I really enjoyed that.

But the best time for cartoons was the 1980s. Classics were made, heroes born, and lifetimes made for me in that era:

Dangermouse (UK)
Dungeons and Dragons (US)
Bananaman (UK)
Duckula (UK)
Thundercats (US?)

and plenty more.

The 1990's gave me Moomin. Yes it was an anime, but it was a damn bloody fantastic one (possibly one of the few that doesn't include big robots )

And more recently the excellent Redwall series on UK tv. THe books were good, and the tv series just as good.

T.V. Show?? I've been hooked on those books for like 7 years, i've read everyone of them. But T.V. show, hmm it will probably change the way I look at redwall, so i'd rather not, mind you i've been reading them for 7 years, and when you are younger you think of thing differently in your mind and they stick to you, i.e: the placement of redwall compared to everything else, how redwall looks. etc.
Old 27th October 2002, 02:25   #50
rm'
Banned

Shame on you, Bilbo. You forgot MASK. And He-Man. And Dino Raiders.

Tin Tin is/was probably the second best cartoon character/series ever, possibly followed by the Smurfs.

The BEST is unequivocally the "Aaagh! It's the Mr. Hell Show!" Kickass animation, incisively witty, and politically charged.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2002, 02:09   #51
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Seifer RULES!!!!!!

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2002, 02:17   #52
zeppelinfr34k

Quote:
Originally posted by !!itsKENSHIN!!!
I've been hooked on those books for like 7 years, i've read everyone of them.

Me too

Quote:
But T.V. show, hmm it will probably change the way I look at redwall, so i'd rather not, mind you i've been reading them for 7 years, and when you are younger you think of thing differently in your mind and they stick to you, i.e: the placement of redwall compared to everything else, how redwall looks. etc.
Me too . When you read something that's such complete fantasy, watching a movie version (animated or otherwise) tends to differ very greatly from whatever mental picture you had of it. This is especially true when you have to imagine a bunch of animals running around on two legs and fighting with swords, and when you have to imagine a mouse fighting with a wild cat .
zeppelinfr34k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2002, 07:01   #53
!!itsKENSHIN!!!

I found this out when looking at the pictures at the start of each chapter, also if you look at the redwall map, it doesn't make sense to me, everything is placed differently and scaled differently than how i had it pictured in my mind.
Old 28th October 2002, 11:48   #54
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally posted by rm'
Shame on you, Bilbo. You forgot MASK. And He-Man. And Dino Raiders.

Tin Tin is/was probably the second best cartoon character/series ever, possibly followed by the Smurfs.

The BEST is unequivocally the "Aaagh! It's the Mr. Hell Show!" Kickass animation, incisively witty, and politically charged.
The Mr Hell Show was very good, but a little short i though (the series anyway).
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist