Old 5th February 2005, 22:36   #161
ALexu4um

99,99%??
ALexu4um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2005, 22:39   #162
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Yup, 99.99% done! Just a minor details we want in there before it's released, but unfortunately it can't be done until sometime next week. We are also very anxious to release it so you can be sure it won't be any longer than necessary.
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2005, 07:21   #163
ALexu4um

another delay?
Old 8th February 2005, 10:00   #164
dude883
Major Dude

technically not a delay, since we never announced an actual release date. But trust me, it's worth waiting because it gives us more time to test the skin for bugs and to include more features. As you can tell by the percentage, we're very close. I'll post here again as soon as it is available to the public.
dude883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2005, 16:53   #165
kiilu
Major Dude

in the meantime... another screenshot?
kiilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 10:56   #166
dude883
Major Dude

*muppet voice* patience you must have, young jedi
Old 10th February 2005, 15:10   #167
dude883
Major Dude

After 4 long months of development Rpc and I are very proud to present you:

DRONE V1.0

The link will refer you to Breed, it might download as a .zip file because of the Breedart server, if that happens just rename it to *.wal
Drone will hit the usual places (Devart, Winamp.com) tomorrow!
Enjoy!
Old 10th February 2005, 15:32   #168
SLoB
Major Dude

Awsome guys
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 15:58   #169
UUL
Winamp Addict
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to UUL Send a message via AIM to UUL Send a message via Yahoo to UUL
FINALLY
UUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 17:06   #170
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

Best skin I have seen so far!! Bravo!!
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 18:45   #171
Hawk

Wow! I am impressed. Best Winamp skin up 'till now! Very well done.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 18:46   #172
Hawk

Wow! I am impressed. Best Winamp skin up 'till now! Very well done.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 18:47   #173
kiilu
Major Dude

nice skin... but there's something wrong with the vis.. you can only change between the 1st four vis by clicking...
kiilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 19:13   #174
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally posted by kiilu
nice skin... but there's something wrong with the vis.. you can only change between the 1st four vis by clicking...
Oops, that'll be updated tomorrow then. For now you'll have to use the right-click menu to get to the other visualizers.
Old 10th February 2005, 19:49   #175
VxWolfxV

Great Skin!

However, when i select to make it a "docked toolbar" on either the top or bottom the whole thing becomes invisible. It is still there, i just can't see it. I have to quit Winamp and restart it for it to become visible again. Is this a bug? Or am i just being stupid
VxWolfxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 19:55   #176
ALexu4um

worth the wait.beautiful.+fav
Old 10th February 2005, 19:56   #177
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by VxWolfxV
Great Skin!

However, when i select to make it a "docked toolbar" on either the top or bottom the whole thing becomes invisible. It is still there, i just can't see it. I have to quit Winamp and restart it for it to become visible again. Is this a bug? Or am i just being stupid
That does seem to be a problem, I'll check that out.
Old 10th February 2005, 20:55   #178
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

Wonderful skin. I have a question. how do the windows dock, or dont they?

[edit] opt>dock windows[/edit]
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 21:07   #179
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by psycho_maniac
Wonderful skin. I have a question. how do the windows dock, or dont they?

[edit] opt>dock windows[/edit]
If that option is enabled, windows will snap together, otherwise they will not.
Old 10th February 2005, 21:30   #180
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Thumbs up

Runs a little slow on my computer, but only because it sucks (my computer, not the skin), but It's worth the sacrifice because this skin ROCKS IN STEREO!!!!!
jerimiah40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 21:42   #181
leechbite
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to leechbite
congrats to 883 and RPC for such an great skin.
leechbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 22:03   #182
auhsor

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Great work! Even fits with the thinner taskbar that I have in shade mode. Good work in being able to take out drone logo in shade mode. Good thinking, makes there more room.

Now for some constructive critisism
* I would like it when you hover over the buttons in that middle thingy, they should light up. For example, on the play/stop buttons they do, but not for the others.
* Similar to above. When skin is full, the play button is lit (when playing of course), but in the open mode, it isn't. Consistency is good I think.
* When in full mode, the volume + and - buttons don't light up when hovered over.
* When in shade mode, again only the play/pause etc buttons light up. It would be good if the ML/PL etc buttons did too.
* I was hoping that the Moon Expert/Royalty colour themes would be suitable, but they don't really go well for me with the Luna/Royale theme. But there are plenty of other themes, so this is really a non issue.
* Would it be possible to have options to hide the VID/CNFG/OPT buttons in shade mode. I know you can slide the skin smaller, but I want it a bit larger, and would rather that room to show more of the song name.
* Also, is it possible to increase the font size in the notifier? Its pretty small for me right now compared to other skins, and is hard to read. And my resolution is also only 1024x768.

But really these are very small things that you can consider if you want. You guys have don't fantastic work in getting this skin ready.
auhsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2005, 00:32   #183
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

is it me or does the notifier not show up all the time? i have it set to show always but sometimes it dosnt show.

[edit1] sorry ok i did this, i closed winamp then reopened it and didnt touch it then played songs and did my normal stuff(firefox, winmx,) i set always on top if that helps also i have a hotkey for the notifier, mabey when i hit that it dont work.)[/edit1]
[edit2] ok i pressed the hot key button and that its still working, mabey its something else. anybody else having this problem and yes the font on the notifier could be a little bigger [/edit2]
[edit3] ok i hit the pause button on with my hot keys it shows the notifier saying paused but then i hit the play button with a hot key and the notifier dosnt update still saying paused and still on the same 5 second delay and after this the notifier hasnt worked since i have to restart winamp to get it to work again, unless there is a solution [/edit3]

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 11th February 2005 at 01:17.
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2005, 03:05   #184
Boomshanker

great skin guys
really enjoying it, im yet to have anything wrong with it but i dont fiddle around with it like you guys do :P
Boomshanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2005, 03:35   #185
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
MMD3 who ???

this skin kicks major ass
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2005, 06:48   #186
eh?one

wow! this skin truely is breathtaking, moreso than expected. each aspect of it has been polished on a subatomic level. it seems to color theme very well and the abundance of color themes should keep just about everyone satisfied.

my suggestions:
- for standardframes that have no statusbar, remove the area as is done in the default skin. it has this behavior with the ml, but not with other windows such as dynamic library, album list, jump to file, and color editor.
- add an option to disable the paused "blinking timer" indicator, or perhaps make it have a sexy fade
- add a few extra visualizers, the few you have in there are very inspired, but fact is the masses love them
- in the full mode the play button is play/pause and in the mini-mode, the play button is simply play. some may find that confusing so maybe you wanna change that
- when cycling thru layouts, any windows that are docked tend to move around a bit. a minor annoyance that i'd be very happy to see fixed.
- add some play controls to the standardframe. some like to use the playlist alone
- add the ability to edit some of the button actions. some people, for example, would use options such as cover art more than they would use pl or ml

excellent work you two, you both deserve medals
eh?one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2005, 09:26   #187
sharifsucks

OH MY GOD!!! this is the sweetest skin ever... totally worth the wait...

just one question: is there anyway to increase the size of the cover display on the notification? please say yes ...

to 883 and rpc you guys rule....
sharifsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2005, 17:10   #188
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

SPECTACULAR SKIN!!! I find a big bug though; When I enable Desktop Alpha the skin begins to behave strangely: some windows dissapears, but the one wich NEVER returns is the shade mode, MAINLY when I active "docked toolbar" (I use this parameters; autohide, top, always on top and dock undock by...).

Hope u fix it because it really looks good with DA.

(I don´t know if this may due to another reason of my computer... but I dont have anything strange, Athlon 1800+, 256 ram, Win Xp with Service Pack 1 - and tried with SP2 and behaves the same...)
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2005, 19:32   #189
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by VicB
SPECTACULAR SKIN!!! I find a big bug though; When I enable Desktop Alpha the skin begins to behave strangely: some windows dissapears, but the one wich NEVER returns is the shade mode, MAINLY when I active "docked toolbar" (I use this parameters; autohide, top, always on top and dock undock by...).
I'm not aware of windows disappearing randomly, but otherwise it sounds like you have found the problem that VxWolfxV mentioned. Putting either the main shade or playlist shade to the docked toolbar mode causes them to become invisible. This is only a problem if desktop alpha is enabled.

The workaround you can use in the meantime with desktop alpha enabled is to set the shade mode to the docked toolbar mode, then press F5 to refresh the skin. The docked toolbar will be visible again.

Unfortunately it looks like the only real fix is to not have desktop alpha as an option for the shade modes, but I'm still experimenting with stuff.
Old 11th February 2005, 19:33   #190
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by sharifsucks
OH MY GOD!!! this is the sweetest skin ever... totally worth the wait...

just one question: is there anyway to increase the size of the cover display on the notification? please say yes ...

to 883 and rpc you guys rule....
Thanks! There is not a way to increase the size of the cover image on the notifier, but you can open the "Cover Art" window and make it any size you want.
Old 12th February 2005, 17:44   #191
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

I dont know if anybody else has this problem, but after the first song plays, the cover art picture comes up right. Then All the next songs (Diff artists) use the same picture as the first cover art that came up. This maybe just my computer.
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2005, 11:17   #192
UUL
Winamp Addict
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to UUL Send a message via AIM to UUL Send a message via Yahoo to UUL
the cover thing uses a file in your music files folder called cover.jpg, coverart.jpg, folder.jpg or front.jpg
Old 14th February 2005, 02:47   #193
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
too resource heavy for me. My machine is getting old. Oh well. Looks schweet tho!
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 08:33   #194
auhsor

OK... so it's now crashed for the first time. I was just browsing the net with winamp in shade mode. It had been on for a couple of hours. It came up with one of those red and black error boxes, but it dissapeared when I clicked on it...

Sorry I can't be more specific to the problem. I'm just letting you know about it.
auhsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 12:04   #195
dude883
Major Dude

don't have a lot of time for this post, but thanks everyone for the nice feedback, we appreciate it! And please keep posting your bugreports to keep poor peter busy
Old 15th February 2005, 10:07   #196
dude883
Major Dude

whoa lot's of posts I need to answer to:

@auhsor:
- I like how only the important cbuttons light up.
- Too bad that you didn't like the xp themes, problem is that the base graphics of the plastic frame are already dark, and it's hard to make them match to the light color of the visual style. You can still try to make your own ones with the color editor plugin.
- Hiding the vid/cnfg/opt buttons sound like a good idea

@eh?one:
- standardframes without statusbar issue: I'll talk to pete about that
- the timer needs to be animated to indicate that it is in pause imo. we used to have a fade in/out but rpc suggested to remove it since it heavily increased the cpu usage
- more visualizers... maybe in an update
- no playcontrols on the standardframes, sorry. I don't like those, you can still dock the window to the main winshade
- no ability to edit the buttons actions, sorry.

if you guys feel like making themes you can give it a try and post them here. If I like them they will be included in the next update (I'm a bit picky, so please don't be disappointed if I don't include them since there's already a large amount of them in the current built).
Old 15th February 2005, 11:40   #197
ziege

Long time since I been here but glad I stopped by and saw this lil' beauty Very nice work. It's sluggish though even with desktop alpha off, but that's always the way with the elaborate skins.

WIP: NSX-999
ziege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 19:06   #198
eh?one

thanks for considering some of my suggestions
edit: the hidden vis options are a cool gimmick

Last edited by eh?one; 15th February 2005 at 20:16.
eh?one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2005, 16:57   #199
UUL
Winamp Addict
(Major Dude)

Anyone found any easter eggs lately
Old 16th February 2005, 17:07   #200
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Ha! Good job guys, you can keep a secret, right?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins