Old 18th March 2005, 13:30   #1
tracerh
Banned

Talking Can Any Of You Designer Dudes Do Me Some Cool Grafix?

I've written some audio code so I can implement a wide range of nice sounding audio filters with analogue characteristics. In the next couple of weeks I'll probably try to put it into a couple of DSP plugins. I'll probably do some sort of mastering stylie parametric EQ, and a cool DJ's effects unit, you know, like what you get in a good mixer. It will have some groovy filters like hp/bp/lp, some sampling funcs and some other fx's like delay etc.

The thing is I don't wanna do a boring windows gui and I'm not feeling very visually creative at the moment otherwise I'd do it myself.

I want a funky original(ish) interface that is well user friendly. Not geeky/techy style because this just puts of people who don't know and don't care about the tech stuff. I want it well easy to use and muck around with.

Basically I could do with some graphics of cool backgrounds/layouts and some controls like faders, knobs or whatever you think etc.

Anyone interested in giving some input? Maybe even just a simple single groovetastic 'filter box' with a couple of faders would be good to do.

Suggest your own ideas for anything to do with this.

I will give you like 50% of the credits and I can offer to do you some coding in return.

Cheers
tracerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2005, 18:16   #2
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Okay, I'm at school right now, I'll try to get onto a computer with image software and hopefully get back to you in a few minutes with an INCREDIBLY rough draft (have about 5 minutes right now)
jerimiah40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2005, 04:15   #3
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Couldn't do it, all the Graphic Art computers were taken. I'll do it from home, but not tonight, maybe tomorrow when I'm not so tired.
Old 19th March 2005, 04:15   #4
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Old 19th March 2005, 04:15   #5
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Wow, that was messed, I got a triple post, but one of them had different content... I tried to post, it didn't work, I tried again, but that one came AND THEN the second one came twice. Wierd...
Old 19th March 2005, 04:55   #6
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Okay, lets see if I understood what you wanted. I made this rough draft, without sliders\buttons\knobs\anything fancy at all. Let me know what you think.

Also, I didn't know how many effects you wanted to be able to use, so I designed it for 5, but I can add more if you need. Maybe you could have options to change which filters are invoked.
Attached Images
File Type: png main.png (4.4 KB, 213 views)
Old 19th March 2005, 08:26   #7
tracerh
Banned

Er, thanks for trying, but concentrate on your schoolwork instead. I only collaborate with adults. Cheers for the effort anyway.
Old 19th March 2005, 15:20   #8
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Thumbs down

*cough* bitch *cough*
Old 19th March 2005, 16:51   #9
carlosp
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by tracerh
Er, thanks for trying, but concentrate on your schoolwork instead. I only collaborate with adults. Cheers for the effort anyway.

this is only a scratch. you should give him more time to add any stuff to the image. You dun have to be matur to be good. I am not mutur as well but i am pretty good as well, just look at my portfolie.
carlosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2005, 07:59   #10
tracerh
Banned

I'm not saying he's good or bad. Sure, I imagine some young people are highly talented. I just don't collaborate with kids, that's my choice, that's all. If you're a kid then this may seem ageist, if you're an adult you'll understand my view. If I'm the poorer for it, then so be it.
Old 20th March 2005, 16:17   #11
carlosp
Major Dude

well, i dun think being a mature is a question of age. It just depends of the person him self. Age is only a number without any meaning.
carlosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2005, 16:31   #12
Schmeet
Major Dude

Maybe Tracerh meant it as in 'I don't collaberate with kids because it could jepordize their school work'. If not then i don't really see a reason why you don't.
Schmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2005, 18:59   #13
Death Reaper
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Death Reaper Send a message via Yahoo to Death Reaper
Or perhaps it's cause he wants work done, and schoolwork can intervene on it.

Who knows, it's his choice.

Regards,

Death Reaper
Death Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2005, 07:42   #14
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Or maybe he dosn't wanna end up with a Michael Jackson style trial on his hands...

'Well your honour, he said we were gonna just do some skinning and stuff, I didn't know what he meant, and then he gave me some Jesus juice and the room went all spinny and stuff.....'
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2005, 08:14   #15
tracerh
Banned

Lol
Old 21st March 2005, 13:13   #16
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Meh, I don't even care any more, I probably wouldn't have time to make any more than that as it is. I'm trying to update a couple of incomplete skins, so I'm gonna need to devote most of my spare time to that.

But, good luck finding else somebody to do it for you. Feel free to use that main graphic if you want to, or get somebody else to modify it for you, I really don't care.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins