Old 28th June 2002, 00:11   #1
FunkDoc

Mp3 Cd Problem

I just finished making my first MP3 cd and when I went to play it my Winamp player didn't seem to recognize it. I'm using the Cd reader plug in and this is really the first problem I've had with Winamp. I've got every file type associated with winamp and it is checked off ass being the default cd player too. What can I do? Does my problem have anything to do with the fact that when I made my MP3 cd that I set it up through "data cd" ??? please help!

[edit] I get an "unknown host....cda://D.1" displayed in my winamp player window[/edit]

Last edited by FunkDoc; 28th June 2002 at 01:02.
FunkDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2002, 01:06   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

The default plugin (in_cdda.dll) or CDReader replacement plugin are only used for playing AudioCD's, not Data CD's.

The MPEG Audio Decoder input plugin (in_mp3.dll) is used for playing MP3 files, regardless of what drive they're on.
To play this MP3 CD in Winamp, goto:
Add button -> Dir -> browse to CD drive -> open.

You could've also written an m3u playlist file and an autorun.inf file on the CD, telling the pc what to do when you you insert the CD.
eg. the m3u playlist would refer to all mp3 files on the CD and autorun.inf will tell the pc to run the m3u playlist. As long as Winamp is set as the default M3U player, then the playlist will open & play in Winamp.

A simple autorun.inf file would look like this:

[autorun]
open=playlist.m3u
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2002, 13:59   #3
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Should you wish to create an audio CD from your mp3 collection, then the best software to use is Nero, as it can create audio CD's directly from mp3s.

Selsct "Create Audio CD" from the menu, and a window will appear. Then simply drag your mp3s on to the window, arranging them in the order that you want them to play. A bar at the bottom will indicate the remaining disk space.

When ready, press "Write CD", and wait....

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support