• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kokein
    • Oct 2010

Winamp Android features/bugs discussion thread

[Edit > Koopa]

Because of the big amount of feedback related to Android support, we've decided to create a discussion thread, where all users can report bugs, ask for technical support or make feature requests.

If you report a bug or need technical support, always provide us the required infos.
    Invalid or lame bug reports will be ignored.

The exiting threads related to Android feedback will be merged into this sticky thread, it's more easy for the devs to look into one sticky thread, instead of tons of threads spread all over the forums

EDIT #2

There is now also a separate Winamp For Android forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----Original Post-----

Hi All!
    Winamp for Android - GREAT JOB

...but, can You add "play folder", or "add files from folder"?
    Non of android apps cant do this, maby Winamp will be the first one, it will be great!

Keep droiding
  • sakowitz
    • Oct 2010

oh thank you for putting in "play all" under artist name. i can't tell you how annoying that is. i really have to waste my time creating playlists for each artist i know have a bunch of albums. i don't know how they missed that.

so is there going to be video support in this? i just installed, still looking around.

Comment

• androidtopp
      • Oct 2010

Gapless playback?

For me, unless a media player has gapless playback it's a non-starter. The Media Player included with my phone (Tmo Vibrant) is terrible, so I was excited to see Winamp for Android, but I've already uninstalled it due to the lack of gapless. Back to the iPod for now.

Maybe I'm naive, but is gapless playback really hard to implement? It seems like it's missing from the majority of software/hardware players...so maybe it's way more difficult than I would image to make it work properly.

And, of course, if I'm an idiot and gapless is supported, but there's a requirement that must be met, or an option to be toggled on, let me know.

Thanks,
      Andrew

Comment

• Koopa
        16-Bit Moderator
        • Apr 2004

As far as I know, gapless playback only will work if:

a. the MP3 decoder supports it
        b. the files were encoded with LAME, because that's the only encoder, which adds Gapless Playback informations
        My Winamp Info Report | My Winamp Backup Log | My WACUP Info Report

Own Projects: | Winamp Tray Control Icon Pack v3.5.3 | Winamp Backup Tool v3.6.0 | >> Winamp Info Tool v6.1.0 << |
        German Translations: | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei v5.66 | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei Plus Version 5.666
        Useful Winamp Plug-ins: | SNESAmp | 64th Note | NotSo FatSo | Highly Experimental PSF Player | Yar Matey! Playlist Copier v1.12 |

Comment

• jHead
          • Oct 2010

I want the wi-fi sync/transfer to save the transferred files to the "external" SD-card (29 GB free), not on the "internal" SD-card (5.5 GB free).
          This should be an option under settings, I think. I can't find any such option, so I assume it's not there (yet?).

Comment

• DrO
            • Sep 2003

what you're all wanting (which is being repeated elsewhere) basically requires a custom media player to do it instead of piggy-backing on the android's media player apis and that's not going to be a simple thing to produce.

so it may happen or it may not but it's known by those higher up what is wanted and what would be needed to be done but you have to remember that the main desktop client is still the prime focus of development.

-daz
            WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• amirdt
              • Oct 2010

Selecting a media folder on the Android version

hello,

With the Winamp Android version, is it possible to select (configure) the root folder in which Winamp should look for the music files?

It seems that currently Winamp plays all media files including ringtones, etc.

Sorry if it was asked before, I searched but couldn't find an answer if configuring the root folder is possible...

Edit: Also when syncing (using WiFi, Winamp 5.59 Public Beta on the PC) it will be very usefull if the sync will be into the above configured root folder (e.g. sdcard/music ) and not all over the sdcard.
              Last edited by amirdt; 21 October 2010, 18:28. Reason: added comment about sync

Comment

• androidtopp
                • Oct 2010

Koopa, that's good to know. I know my MP3s are encoded with LAME (since I ripped them all), and I am assuming they include the correct gapless info, since they do play back "correctly" on some devices.

I'll watch this space for more. Like I said, the "factory" player with my phone is horrific, so I'm looking for a way to replace the iPod/phone combo with a single device.

Comment

• robollama
                  • Oct 2010

Can't sync Android phone app with desktop Winamp

I've updated Winamp to v5.59, and downloaded the winamp app on android. However, when I right click devices and do discovery, nothing happens. I also have wifi-syncing enabled on the app and they are both using the same wifi network. Any help??

Comment

• Koopa
                    16-Bit Moderator
                    • Apr 2004

Winamp Android features/bugs discussion thread

Because of the big amount of feedback related to Android support, we've decided to create a discussion thread, where all users can report bugs, ask for technical support or make feature requests.

If you report a bug or need technical support, always provide us the required infos.
                    Invalid or lame bug reports will be ignored.

The exiting threads related to Android feedback will be merged into this sticky thread, it's more easy for the devs to look into one sticky thread, instead of tons of threads spread all over the forums.
                    My Winamp Info Report | My Winamp Backup Log | My WACUP Info Report

Own Projects: | Winamp Tray Control Icon Pack v3.5.3 | Winamp Backup Tool v3.6.0 | >> Winamp Info Tool v6.1.0 << |
                    German Translations: | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei v5.66 | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei Plus Version 5.666
                    Useful Winamp Plug-ins: | SNESAmp | 64th Note | NotSo FatSo | Highly Experimental PSF Player | Yar Matey! Playlist Copier v1.12 |

Comment

• UT4Life
                      • Oct 2010

Looks like Last.fm support is broken. Pausing isn't happening on last.fm. It says listening now forever.

The Android app isn't broadcasting "fm.last.android.playbackpaused" properly, would be my guess.

Please fix this.

Cheers!

Comment

• Patch
                        • May 2001

It's been a while ("You last visited: 25th May 2005") but I needed come back here just give you guys props for the Android player. I discovered it today and from what I've seen so far, you're really bringing back great memories of the quality software you guys wrote back in the day.

Looking forward to see where this goes, but please keep it light weight and don't over do it with features!

I'll try to provide some better feedback after using the application for a while, but really just wanted to say thanks and keep up the great work!

Comment

• Trocks797
                          • Oct 2010

The new Android Beta crashes upon setup after choosing skin. I have attached the report.zip.

Please include all relevant Winamp & System specs, including:
                          -A List of Plugins: NONE
                          -PC or Motherboard make/model: GATEWAY FS6801
                          -CPU & RAM: INTEL CORE I7 950 @ 3.2GHZ, 12GM DDR3 RAM
                          -Sound card or chip: STANDARD 7-CHANNEL CARD
                          -Videocard: NVIDIA GTX 295
                          -Windows OS (including Service Pack, eg. WinXP sp2): VISTA ULTIMATE BUILD 6002 & SVC PACK 2
                          -DirectX version: 11
                          -Winamp version: 559_3033 BETA
                          -Confirmation of the Winamp installation type: FULL
                          Attached Files

Comment

• zombieneedo
                            • Oct 2010

Originally Posted by robollama View Post
                            I've updated Winamp to v5.59, and downloaded the winamp app on android. However, when I right click devices and do discovery, nothing happens. I also have wifi-syncing enabled on the app and they are both using the same wifi network. Any help??
                            Same thing happens to me. It is quite frustrating. My desktop is connected via Ethernet and my EVO is connected via wifi. But they are on the same LAN.

Comment

• kustodian
                              • Mar 2006

-A List of Plugins: None 3rd party plugins
                              -PC or Motherboard: Gygabyte EP45-DS3R
                              -CPU & RAM: Inter E8400
                              -Sound card or chip: Creative X-Fi Titanium
                              -Videocard: GeForce GTX275
                              -Windows OS: Win7 x64
                              -DirectX version: DirectX 11
                              -Winamp version: 5.59 Build 303
                              -Installation type: Full

I also have HTC Desire with official Froyo 2.2.

I just wanted to report that I can't get the WiFi sync to work. I enabled it in the Winamp app, enable wireless (wireless connection works since I can send/receive files via ES File Explorer), right-click on the Devices and select Discover and it doesn't find the device?

I would also like to say that the player is awesome. I would suggest a few things:
                              • Rename the Play Queue -> Now Playing (this will allow many more features with the queue similar like in the PC version)
                              • Add an ability to queue tracks like on the PC version (so they get those small numbers besides them) and of course a simple play queue editor
                              • Add an ability to sort now playing tracks by track name, artist, album, path...
                              • Maybe ID3 editor, but that will probably overdo it ^_^

Keep up the good work this is already my default player now

Comment

Working...
                              X