Old 17th August 2017, 22:41   #1
djMarky

Playback is Faster when I switch from Soundcard to WinAMP

Hello ervbody. Can someone explain or assist me on an issue I am constantly having. So when I am broadcasting LIVE REAL Time Audio from Soundcard...the playback is Great sounds good and does not sound like the chipmunks...OK so when I an done mixing Live from DJ controller and I want to just Play pre-corded Mixes/Broadcasts/Podcasts etc...the Playback speed is drasticly speed up and sounds like the chimpmonks. This happens when I switch Source Input from Soundcard(lin in USB) to WinAmp(recommended). The Playback that I get on my laptop sounds normal..but when I check via iPAd Android phone etc....ALVIN and the CHIPMUNKS.
djMarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 00:06   #2
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to djSpinnerCee Send a message via AIM to djSpinnerCee
depending on how your soundcard driver and the winamp dsp work, you should at least restart winamp when you switch between soundcard and winamp mode. you can try to un-assign the dsp first, but that rarely works.

if you still get the chipmunks after a winamp restart -- a system reboot should take care of it.

probably not the answer you want, but what "works" depends on your software and hardware.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 00:06   #3
neralex
Major Dude

If you have an USB-Card on your computer why you don't route the output from your computer into your soundcard and use the soundcard as input for winamp, as you do it like when you are playing live?
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 01:59   #4
djMarky

I use my Mixon 4(ASIO 4in 4out) with Ipad pro for input source(where media is externally) I do this solely for relieving the load on my laptop. Noticed when I ran winamp with shoutcast dsp or even edcast plugin along with Serato DJ or Djay Pro that my broadcast was disconnecting and in reconnect mode constantly..as well as the Audio Quality deteriorated H. My HP Ultrabook has IDT HD Audio and and USB Audio to RCA external Adapter(in and out switchable) ANY suggestions that might make Broadcasting simpler?
Old 18th August 2017, 02:07   #5
djMarky

thanks djspinnercee and neralex for your replies . I do in fact close out both winamp and shoutcast DSP. I even went as far as going to my RMO via shoutcast.com and Hitting refresh and update(where it states Flux is updated). Go back to Broadcasting straight from PC via winamp recommended settings(oh another reason I do it like this because I store all my previous broadcasts or podcasts on PC) to just re air my prior broadcasts/mixes. It wil be normal for the beginning portion then when I do a sound check....damn ALVIN again!
Old 18th August 2017, 10:53   #6
neralex
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by djMarky View Post
ANY suggestions that might make Broadcasting simpler?
Rent or setup a linux-box, install on it SHOUTcast DNAS as streaming-server and Liquidsoap as source-manager. Let Liquidsoap play/manage your recorded stuff in a 24/7 rotation and go live on Liquidsoap, which is feeding SHOUTcast DNAS.
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2017, 21:43   #7
NatSurvivorsNW

Bit rate

Curious, when you switch to prerecorded content, is the bit rate exactly the same as the stream? Am sure you've already considered this.
NatSurvivorsNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 20:33   #8
djMarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatSurvivorsNW View Post
Curious, when you switch to prerecorded content, is the bit rate exactly the same as the stream? Am sure you've already considered this.
Actually I did not think about this? My pre recorded content are usually 192kbps and well my streaming is 128kpbs. IS there an option to downgrade the bitrate when steaming ?
Old 30th August 2017, 20:34   #9
djMarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by neralex View Post
Rent or setup a linux-box, install on it SHOUTcast DNAS as streaming-server and Liquidsoap as source-manager. Let Liquidsoap play/manage your recorded stuff in a 24/7 rotation and go live on Liquidsoap, which is feeding SHOUTcast DNAS.
Thank You! Will I have the option to Stream LIve content as well?
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support