Old 7th February 2014, 02:20   #1
loyalistshankill

How can i get or buy a mp3 broadcasting license key

hi how can I get or buy a mp3 broadcasting license key please ?
loyalistshankill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 02:09   #2
zumango

I want one too. Have been running Shoutcast V1 but want to upgrade to Shoutcast V2

Is it possible to buy a key from someone else who already owns one but not using it?

Last edited by zumango; 25th April 2014 at 02:11. Reason: ...
zumango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 02:14   #3
DrO

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=376954
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 15:31   #4
zumango

Thanks, DrO
Following is from the thread you mentioned above
Quote:
It is not currently possible to obtain sc_trans MP3 unlock codes (has down since late December 2013 and depends on the future of sc_trans as a product as to what will happen in relation to this) - UPDATE 11/04/2014 - sc_trans downloads removed and it is currently not known if it will be provided again (relates to licensing issues)
Is there any way to run Shoutcast V2 without MP3 key? I don't want to stream in AAC+.
zumango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 15:46   #5
DrO

the v2 DNAS doesn't need the unlock code and so there is nothing stopping you from using that.

that unlock code was only related to sc_trans which is just one of many possible pieces of source software (the bit that creates the audio stream) which can be used to act as a source for the DNAS.
Old 30th April 2014, 05:23   #6
TrexRadio

Send a message via ICQ to TrexRadio Send a message via Yahoo to TrexRadio
If a license key is not needed to stream using MP3, Then why would there be no sound when changing from AAC+ to MP3? Sounds runs fine using AAC+ (on winamp, etc, just not flash), but when switched to MP3, Theres no sound at all.

How do you get around that? What else can you use to do that?

CEO - DJ Fire
CrossFire-Radio
TrexRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 12:56   #7
p0rt

sc_trans is needed, to make your station fully automated, and full of bedroom dj`s like 99% of shoutcast radio stations are, and keep the playlist playing when no show or bedroom dj is connected

the man incharge can go down the pub, while bedroom dj`s hardly ever do their shows because they are too stoned or gone down the beach

stations are nothing much more then a rented dedicated server box, and dj`s from all over the world and no body is getting paid and only a few dj`s are sent promo`s
p0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 13:39   #8
DrO

TrexRadio: the key was only ever needed if using sc_trans as a source (which works irrespective of the DNAS version since it can provide v1 and v2 based streams).

it was never for the DNAS and i tried to make that clear in the documentation which was provided, but too much fud from other sources of information is what people have been referring to which is not correct and leaves to such incorrect thoughts.

as for getting no sound, that sounds more like you're not recognising that there is no source connected or something like that based on everything else you're using in your setup. as you shouldn't get a stream at all if sc_trans is connected to the DNAS and you don't have an unlock code e.g. you'd get an unavailable stream message when trying to play it in Winamp.

so the option is to use a different source software (is plenty of things out there already) or find an unlock key from somewhere if you really must use sc_trans (which never should have had such a requirement especially as it was only ever a beta product). since it's unclear if sc_trans (or something like it) will even be provided again.
Old 30th April 2014, 18:31   #9
TrexRadio

Send a message via ICQ to TrexRadio Send a message via Yahoo to TrexRadio
What else can be used though? I mean is the sc_trans only needed if you are running "Auto DJ" ? If no Auto DJ, then you can "by-pass" it right?.

Our setup is based using Centova Cast on all of our servers. So when Auto DJ is enabled, sc_trans / sc_trans2 is then used for ShoutCast v2... ShoutCast v1 I think uses icescc. But I dont think or know if ShoutCast v2 is capable of using icescc

CEO - DJ Fire
CrossFire-Radio
TrexRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 21:08   #10
DrO

anything that can create a SHOUTcast compatible source e.g. BUTT, SAM, LiquidSoap, etc. though as you're using a 3rd party solution, you're limited to what they provide the support to use / integrate into things (which is where having something do things for you can be a downside, especially when you cannot for-tell the whole scenario which panned out for Winamp + SHOUTcast).

so you don't have to have sc_trans and potentially could be using something else to source the stream i.e. you connect Winamp + Source DSP directly to the DNAS instead of using a DJ connection to sc_trans which gets passed onto the DNAS . that is how a lot of streams work when they don't want / need an autodj solution - which was just one aspect of what sc_trans could do (and is what other source software can do depending on it's implementation).

i've never tried ices/icescc as a source but if it's used for a v1.x DNAS, then it'll most likely work with a v2.x DNAS. it was just preferred to use sc_trans with a v2.x DNAS since it provided streams in the newer format to the DNAS (and depending on the build and other aspects could better make use of the v2 protocol).

but as most source software out there is only v1 protocol compatible (which the v2.x DNAS supports), then you just get limited to a single source connected to the DNAS instead of multiple (though there was limited support in the v2.2.x release for multiple v1 protocol compatible sources - only issue is the lack of title update support on those streams).

the ideal would be that we could support sc_trans again (which may happen, but is looking more unlikely), but realistically for how it's used, it's meant to be licensed and that means someone needs to pay something as AOL absorbed the AAC encoding costs, but wouldn't do that for the MP3 encoding costs.

and once you get into paid products, it becomes so much more of a hassle as even more is expected (sc_trans had minimal time allocated to work on it and is why it's not easy to setup / use as it could and should be) as well as how much do you charge for it.... just enough to cover the cost of the payment handling and licensing aspects needed or charge more and use some of that to fund development of it?

or we just risk the consequences, release sc_trans with everything unlocked and do like ices and just blatantly ignore licensing of the codecs (which costs more for encoding than it does for decoding).
Old 28th July 2014, 13:07   #11
ad4mss90

I have bought mine own autodj mp3 license key on fastcast4u site. It was more than 1 month ago but they should have them yet.
ad4mss90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 19:46   #12
streaming4u

I also have bought mine own autodj mp3 license key for my streams on streamingpr7 dot com just the other day and works awesomely. Now my signal is playable in all mobile devices and I am happy wit it.
streaming4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support