Old 8th April 2011, 19:27   #1
Skysurfer87

Send a message via AIM to Skysurfer87
Imported Playlists Won't Work

Hi all,

I am having never-ending problems with music on Android. I've tried many solutions, and now I'm trying Winamp. The syncing seems to work well. It's the fastest of any programs I've tried. I followed the guide to import my music from iTunes into Winamp, and then sync it to my Droid X via USB.

Everything seems to have been imported correctly. All the files are organized under the /sdcard/Music folder. The playlists are also in that folder.

However, there are a few problems:

1. I can play music by browsing by artist, but many albums and songs show up 2 or 3 times in the list even though there is only one file on the SD card.

2. Songs will not play from any of the imported playlists. I get the message "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio." Most of my music is non-DRM mp3 format, yet I still get that error. If I use the add to playlist feature in Winamp on the Droid X and make a new playlist, it works. However I am not able to find the newly created playlist anywhere. It doesn't go into the sdcard/Music folder.
Skysurfer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 20:45   #2
Skysurfer87

Send a message via AIM to Skysurfer87
I finally figured this out.

I fixed it by doing the following:
1. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Media Storage app
2. Press Clear data button
Note: This will clear ALL MEDIA DATA. This will remove all album, song, playlist, etc. information. Not the actual media files, but all information on them stored by Android. Once you do this Winamp will show no music. Don't worry, this is normal and will be corrected by step 3.
3. Connect your phone to your PC as a USB Device. Disconnect the phone. Open Winamp (or other music player). When you select Artist, Song, Album, Playlist, etc. it will read the SD card and recompile the internal database. This may take a while depending on how many files you have.

These steps fixed both problems I listed above. The duplicates are gone, and the playlists work. Note that these are imported playlists (m3u format) that are in the Music folder on my SD card.

I believe that my original problem was caused by syncing my phone with Songbird, realizing it synced to the SD card root, and then moving them to the Music folder manually. Then as I tried other music players it ended up as a big mess.
Skysurfer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 21:22   #3
Groover

I also have problems with the playlists on my Galaxy S2. For me everything seems ok when I'm syncing and all files and playlists are synced/exported but when I check the playlists from/on my phone the playlists are missing many tracks. The files/tracks are there and can be found through album, artist or search and can be played but they are missing form the playlist winamp show up in the phone.
If I look at the playlist on my Galaxy S2 from my computer it seems ok both by viewing through winamp and if I open it with notpad. It seems that winamp om my Galaxy S2 doesn't read all the data in the actual playlist.

Have you noticed the obove mentioned problem or checked if the playlist winamp show on your anrooid device realy correspond to the playlist om your computer? Are every single object in your playlists?
Groover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 18:39   #4
petoule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysurfer87 View Post
I finally figured this out.
I fixed it by doing the following:
1. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Media Storage app
2. Press Clear data button
Note: This will clear ALL MEDIA DATA. This will remove all album, song, playlist, etc. information. Not the actual media files, but all information on them stored by Android. Once you do this Winamp will show no music. Don't worry, this is normal and will be corrected by step 3.
3. Connect your phone to your PC as a USB Device. Disconnect the phone. Open Winamp (or other music player). When you select Artist, Song, Album, Playlist, etc. it will read the SD card and recompile the internal database. This may take a while depending on how many files you have.

These steps fixed both problems I listed above. The duplicates are gone, and the playlists work. Note that these are imported playlists (m3u format) that are in the Music folder on my SD card.

I believe that my original problem was caused by syncing my phone with Songbird, realizing it synced to the SD card root, and then moving them to the Music folder manually. Then as I tried other music players it ended up as a big mess.
Thanks a lot for your workaround ! It is better and quicker than the workarounds I found !

I don't think your problem is caused by synchronizing your phone. I experienced this same problem without synchronizing my Galaxy SII with anything (PC or Web server). I think this bug is caused by Android media scanning for any reason. In my case, I suspect the phone's language change : I sometimes come back from French to English (US) when I don't understand anything and the playlist issue occurs just afterwards.
petoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
android, duplicate, playlist, winamp